Graham Pissed @ Bevell?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Jimmy seemed agitated during much of this game and after his TD was downright subdued/sullen as if to say, "SEE, THEY GET ME THE BALL I GET IT DONE!!!"

So many times I see Bevell using Graham to block for yet another crappy running play. When Graham is utilized as a receiver, even if he isn't targeted, he's often pulling at least a double-team thus freeing up other receivers.

I see Graham as a world-class talent who, under a more TE-knowledgeable OC, could have have an amazing/league dominating season with Wilson/Baldwin etc.

But maybe that's just me and Bevell is in fact a offensive genius who is already utilizing Graham to the best of Graham's abilities...

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Definitely seemed irritated after the TD.

It's gotta be tiring wasting talent game in and game out.

He probably wonders why's this team didn't build any resemblance of a decent line so they could use him. I know thats what I would wonder.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3hpoq1fb said:
Definitely seemed irritated after the TD.

It's gotta be tiring wasting talent game in and game out.

He probably wonders why's this team didn't build any resemblance of a decent line so they could use him. I know thats what I would wonder.

OK, good to know I wasn't the only one to watch Graham after the TD and think he sure looked pissed off. And there were a lot of other players that were coming by that appeared to share in his reasons for being so, and I have to assume that reason is Bevell's play calling.

hawk45

Reaction score
The broadcaster Lynch had a great point. Put another TE in the game if you have to to stay in and block and split Graham out wide.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I don't get what they're doing with him at all. It's like having a Lambo and no garage.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawk45":nsykyko2 said:
The broadcaster Lynch had a great point. Put another TE in the game if you have to to stay in and block and split Graham out wide.

EXACTLY.

It just doesn't make any sense. And for a wobbly O-Line that requires quick out passes, Graham would be perfect for that. Quick, sharp, 8-10 yard throws that you use almost like run plays setting up the longer routes.

Bevell is the most confusing member of this team by far. I have to think his head coaching stock has fallen greatly over the last few seasons.

London12

Reaction score
We're absolutely pissing away our competitive advantage because Bevell.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Cyrus12":32mr25ot said:
graham needs to demand a trade. he is being wasted here

I fully believe that conversation has already taken place w/his agent - and he's not the only one.

Such a remarkable talent so misappropriated on a team that would likely be a far more cohesive and dangerous unit if but for the guy making the offensive calls.

cymatica

Reaction score
Maybe he can issue an ultimatum: "It's me or Bevell"

flmmkrz

Reaction score
cymatica":2aarcg0r said:

idk if he has the pull to do that and remain but if we can get enough of the team to. Guys who have the cred in the room there could be but I think this seasons Bevells last stand. If the hawks don't get a superbowl run people will be calling for heads and he's the lightning rod

Hendo66

Reaction score
flmmkrz":13bhmhk0 said:
cymatica":13bhmhk0 said:

idk if he has the pull to do that and remain but if we can get enough of the team to. Guys who have the cred in the room there could be but I think this seasons Bevells last stand. If the hawks don't get a superbowl run people will be calling for heads and he's the lightning rod

Definitely think JG and Bevell were having a pissing match in this game. How else do you ignore him for most of the game.
Makes no sense.
I truly believe there are internal issues going on.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
You've got to love a thread like this.

Graham wants a trade, so do others.

Graham should tell them it's Bevell or him (errr... what is he going to retire?)

And presumably all of these people think Pete Carroll stands by Bevell and keeps him just to troll the team and prevent it from succeeding.

Or maybe, just maybe, the Seahawks scored 31 points today and what actually cost them was the pathetic OL, the streaky defense and the abysmal special teams?

Scapegoat.net

RussB

Reaction score
Bevell is wasting his talent, hes not a role player hes a superstar. Yet they play him as if hes a role player and hes a non factor in most games.

Thats like brady not throwing to gronk.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
flmmkrz":3bzbaf23 said:
cymatica":3bzbaf23 said:

YUP.

Said weeks ago it really needs to be RW who tells the organization it needs to get a different offensive outlook pronto.

RW is supposed to be the franchise QB. He needs to be willing to play that card at moments like this.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
RussB":mgxny5de said:
Bevell is wasting his talent, hes not a role player hes a superstar. Yet they play him as if hes a role player and hes a non factor in most games.

Well said.

razor150

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3idxi74u said:
RussB":3idxi74u said:

Well said.

If Bevell was Brady's OC that is exactly what would happen. It is maddening. Why the hell would you have Graham block so you can put a receiving out in a route that isn't even half the player Graham is? It makes no sense. Bevell can't and doesn't utilize the talent this team has properly, and I don't see how anyone can defend Graham blocking instead of someone like Willson or Vannet.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
razor150":19ee1rg6 said:
semiahmoo":19ee1rg6 said:
RussB":19ee1rg6 said:

Well said.

If Bevell was Brady's OC that is exactly what would happen. It is maddening. Why the hell would you have Graham block so you can put a receiving out in a route that isn't even half the player Graham is? It makes no sense. Bevell can't and doesn't utilize the talent this team has properly, and I don't see how anyone can defend Graham blocking instead of someone like Willson or Vannet.

And yet, some continue to do just that.
They are the same ones who state calling out deficiencies as "over-reaction" or "trolling'.

NO, it's stating what should be the obvious to those watching these games with any semblance of honesty.

Our Hawks, if not a team in crisis, is a team in peril of being a team in crisis, and the hot/cold nature of our offense all season is a big part of that unfortunate situation - and that falls on Bevell and his asinine wasting of a talent such as Jimmy Graham.

Seymour

Reaction score
Graham not only should be pissed at Bevell, but asking for a trade would be a wise career move. I would not blame him 1 bit if he did. Ridiculous they don't get him the ball more given the obvious matchup problems he creates. But no, we make him a blocker because in Tom we trust and in Tom we fail.... Sad, sad use of talent.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Can someone legitimately answer why Bevell doesn't stick with plays that are working?