Trade Sherman?

chet380

Reaction score
How about for a high draft pick and a reliable OL?

Could solve a lot of problems, but would the loss of a shutdown corner be too high a price to pay?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chet380":2etkhix5 said:
How about for a high draft pick and a reliable OL?

Could solve a lot of problems, but would the loss of a shutdown corner be too high a price to pay?

Hate to say it, but barring some changes to the staff (Bevell) might very well see Sherman and others telling their agents they want a trade.

There are some very frustrated players on this team.

See how pissed Graham was after his TD?

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Holy crap. They score 31 and Bevell is still the problem? My god.

And no to the original question.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
I actually just can't. Been on here four years and only put two people on my ignore list so that's not so bad I guess.

TexasHawk95

Reaction score
Trrrroy":33coqzro said:

Yes, Bevell is a problem. Look at the fact that we had NEGATIVE 4 yards in the middle of the second quarter. Look at the fact that the game plan didn't involve utilizing Graham until we needed a miracle comeback.

If you have a weapon like Graham and don't include his skills in your game plan, you should not be calling the plays for an NFL team.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
TexasHawk95":1plxrloe said:
Trrrroy":1plxrloe said:

Yes, Bevell is a problem. Look at the fact that we had NEGATIVE 4 yards in the middle of the second quarter. Look at the fact that the game plan didn't involve utilizing Graham until we needed a miracle comeback.

If you have a weapon like Graham and don't include his skills in your game plan, you should not be calling the plays for an NFL team.

Did you actually watch the OL today?

What should Bevell do? Call a play that involves the OL to not be on the field just so they can't mess anything up?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Honestly, we were SPOILED by Dan Quinn's defense. His first and second year two SuperBowls and back to back dominance. That's now gone, along with the LOB mystique.

Every time the media talks about how the Seattle defense's mystique is gone they never mention the departure of Quinn

flmmkrz

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":19nnorqb said:
TexasHawk95":19nnorqb said:
Trrrroy":19nnorqb said:

What should Bevell do? Call a play that involves the OL to not be on the field just so they can't mess anything up?

Is that not his job to figure that out?

yes the oline sucks, it can't be changed at this point. Does he not have to come up with some sort of plan to succeed. His game calling has not changed, adapted to cover up for our deficiencies and we continue to regress. It is easy to be a great oc when you have a great oline and you have an all time defense to keep you in games but he still has to do his job in non ideal situations...Even if you don't think he is the main problem he isn't proving to be part of the solution either.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":t73lyi3c said:
TexasHawk95":t73lyi3c said:
Trrrroy":t73lyi3c said:

I saw an angry Collins knocking people around like bowling pins to watch Bevell ignore him the entire next series so he could pony up his awesome bubble screens.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
flmmkrz":1bpqav2q said:

yes the oline sucks, it can't be changed at this point. Does he not have to come up with some sort of plan to succeed. His game calling has not changed, adapted to cover up for our deficiencies and we continue to regress. It is easy to be a great oc when you have a great oline and you have an all time defense to keep you in games but he still has to do his job in non ideal situations...Even if you don't think he is the main problem he isn't proving to be part of the solution either.

If only it was as easy as, hey -- let's come up with a plan to succeed.

It took them a half today, and it's pretty much a Christmas miracle they managed to turn it around after half time considering how terrible the OL started.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
storm74":245k5oyt said:
theENGLISHseahawk":245k5oyt said:
TexasHawk95":245k5oyt said:
Trrrroy":245k5oyt said:

I saw an angry Collins knocking people around like bowling pins to watch Bevell ignore him the entire next series so he could pony up his awesome bubble screens.

Bevell is good brah we scored 28 points in a half! :sarcasm_off: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off:

razor150

Reaction score
We have 3 TEs on the roster, yet we can't come up with a formation that puts Graham out into routes while one of the other TEs block? Come on, Graham is a better receiver than most of our receivers. There is no excuse to have him blocking so you can have Jermaine Kearse running routes. That's a massive downgrade.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1lre99lp said:
flmmkrz":1lre99lp said:

If only it was as easy as, hey -- let's come up with a plan to succeed.

It took them a half today, and it's pretty much a Christmas miracle they managed to turn it around after half time considering how terrible the OL started.

Again is that not his job? Do you think head coaches shouldn't be fired after horrible years by saying well I got saddled with a lack of talent on the roster, well it's still your job to get the most out of your roster...Do you believe Bevells maxed out the potential of this unit? This offensive regression wasn't just today, it's been a season long problem and he has not come any closer to making it any better, not even fixing it but improving it. You would think watching any team with a decent dl dominate the oline and this offense all season would teach him to come up with something different than what has failed in all the other previous attempts but we trot out the same game plan to the same result. Just because it is difficult does not mean he does not have to do his job, does he just get to throw his hands up and say well shit they suck, find a solution or step aside.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Maybe they should have gone to the read option sooner today. They run a lot less of it than they used to, with the state of the O-line they are going to have to give it a bigger priority if they want to succeed in the playoffs. There inability to run the ball is killing this Offense.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
razor150":1ax9u2m8 said:
We have 3 TEs on the roster, yet we can't come up with a formation that puts Graham out into routes while one of the other TEs block? Come on, Graham is a better receiver than most of our receivers. There is no excuse to have him blocking so you can have Jermaine Kearse running routes. That's a massive downgrade.

TRUE.

If anyone believes Bevell has managed to get the most out of the talent on the offensive side of the ball, they are watching a different Seahawks team than me/others.

And others have said for some time, and I completely agree, that the Hawks have managed to win more in spite of Bevell than because of him.

Jimmy Graham is a world class TE - likely the 2nd best overall in the entire league, and purely as a receiver, the very best.

And yet, Bevell treats him as a blocking TE about 80% of the time.

It's nuts. Crazy. Inconceivable.

It's the Seahawks' offense version 2016.

hawk45

Reaction score
Offense looked just fine when blocking began. Almost as if there's some correlation between the two...

I didn't love that Bevell went away from the run and went bubble happy after AC was showing promise, but the Prich TD was a great play design. Wide open in the end zone. That's OC right there.