The locker room...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
...is the team as cohesive as it once was? did sb 49 mess with this team? players openly calling out coaches...players having tantrums on the sideline. just cant help think the team atmosphere may be divided..

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I don't think sb itself broke the team but that was the first crack...frustration is definitely boiling over

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2gvpkj8w said:
...is the team as cohesive as it once was? did sb 49 mess with this team? players openly calling out coaches...players having tantrums on the sideline. just cant help think the team atmosphere may be divided..

Def. divided.

BIG TIME.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1yayg7vt said:

How could it not be?

The team is wasting it's "window".

Earl possibly retired.
Lockett may never be the same after his injury.

Depressing times in Seahawksville.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think if they cut out a "cancer" things will get better. The cancer isn't a player either.

Redsand187

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1rscm6rt said:
Cyrus12":1rscm6rt said:

How could it not be?

The team is wasting it's "window".

Earl possibly retired.
Lockett may never be the same after his injury.

Depressing times in Seahawksville.
I think the frustration is a large reason for Earl to bring up the retirement talk. I think that was the reason Lynch walked away. He was frustrated and he saw his teammates starting to switch from a tight knit group to more and more separation and frustration.

Earl is very well thinking, "It's going to be a big obstacle to overcome, tons of work, only to go back into a dysfunctional team that is being more and more divided."

If Earl doesn't come back, I don't think it is because he is unable to physically, it will be because of the team environment combined with his family and private life. He's fortunate enough that while each more year is a huge pay check, he's already cashed enough of them that he can adjust his lifestyle and be set for life. Why go through the stress and struggle when he can be spending that time with his wife and daughter.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":tuvntgaa said:
I think if they cut out a "cancer" things will get better. The cancer isn't a player either.
If that cancer doesn't get removed this off-season, it'll prove that our head coach prefers cutting off his nose to spite his face. I desperately hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Regarding Earl.......

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Earl_Thomas/status/812861691058716672[/tweet]

Carry on.

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
Why Pete Carroll and Darren Bevell are not using Jimmy Graham's skills of running pass routes and catching the ball for big gains 99 percent of the time in each game is an unsolved mystery. He is not and never will be a skilled blocking tight end so why try to change him now? I did not see yesterday's game but the stats say Graham only caught 2 balls. How many passes were throw to him?

How many games could we have won in the last 2 years if Graham had been targeted by RW 15 to 20 times a game? SO FRUSTRATING for the fans to see this kind of up and down play calling and uneven onfield performance.....

Ozzy

Reaction score
I get Bevell's hands are somewhat tied and that they need Graham in line to block because the line is so bad but hearing Lynch baffled that they don't use another TE and just split out Jimmy more as a hybrid receiver TE is frustrating. I know we have some very pro Bevell supporters but they refuse to acknowledge our usage of Graham especially in the red zone. Bevell's problem is his play calling gets worse the closer he is to the end zone. I know he has a tough job, the line sucks, but still think he could do better.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Yeah it's all down to one guy.

One guy is the only problem with this team.

When he's gone, it'll be sunflowers and ice-cream again.

Defense gave up 34.

Special teams was a joke.

O-line can't block.

Injuries galore.

But it's one guy.

Largent80

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2kff0brl said:
Yeah it's all down to one guy.

One guy is the only problem with this team.

When he's gone, it'll be sunflowers and ice-cream again.

Defense gave up 34.

Special teams was a joke.

O-line can't block.

Injuries galore.

But it's one guy.

The same witch hunters are all compiled right here in this thread. Why even be a Seahawk fan ?

themunn

Reaction score
HawkMark1976":3b3nf2ef said:
Why Pete Carroll and Darren Bevell are not using Jimmy Graham's skills of running pass routes and catching the ball for big gains 99 percent of the time in each game is an unsolved mystery. He is not and never will be a skilled blocking tight end so why try to change him now? I did not see yesterday's game but the stats say Graham only caught 2 balls. How many passes were throw to him?

How many games could we have won in the last 2 years if Graham had been targeted by RW 15 to 20 times a game? SO FRUSTRATING for the fans to see this kind of up and down play calling and uneven onfield performance.....

If Graham was targetted 15-20 times a game he would end up with somewhere between 240 and 320 targets on the season. Even if he only caught 60% of those, he'd be on course to smash Marvin Harrison's single season reception record.

For comparison, only Calvin Johnson in 2012 (204 targets, 1964 yards for a single season record), and Julio Jones last year (203 targets, 1871 yards, 2nd best single season all time) have had more than 200 targets in a season.

In NO he was targetted around 9 times a game, and no team passes the ball in the NFL more than the Saints.

justafan

Reaction score
Biggest problem with the locker room is there are not better Olineman in there

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Cyrus12":60ok6a6q said:
This locker room has always been divided yet cohesive when needed to be. It's been a group of immature as well as mature personalities. A collective of "boring" as well as histrionics. It makes this team interesting and fun to follow.
This team has great talent backed by strong egos and cliques. For instance the LOB... Who is the LOB and are they the greater part of our defense or team? Who carries who--defense or offense?

The eventual loss of core players will shake the confidence of other core members as we saw with Lynch's retirement and Thomas injury. The more things change the more we will continue to hear guys like Sherman and Doug who share their rants (likely moreso in the locker room setting).