Worst loss this season?

RussB

Reaction score
I think this one takes the cake, to me personally as a fan this was the worst loss. We all saw what happened so im not really gonna repeat it. This is really the first time this year im seriously doubting this team, i doubted them and questioned them with the other losses but this time i honestly can say im leaning more towards the fact that they go one and done in the playoffs.

Defense choked away the game and they lost at home for the first time to a team that has been getting molested by the best teams they face. Which has been happening with the hawks all season, they keep underperforming against teams that are supposed to be worse , real contenders blow teams like this out and make statements. Hawks lose to them. This team is not consistent at all and i honestly dont even know what to expect every time they play. Just my thoughts.

Have you lost faith in them?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
lost to a horrible team in a huge game at home...yes worst loss of the year...locketts career ender also added to it. pissed right off at present time...

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
It's not that big a shocker, losing to the Cards. And we did almost win despite being down late.

The much bigger shocker was the shellacking in Green Bay.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Yep, for a number of reasons.

It solidified in my mind for certain that this team isn't a TRUE superb owl contender at the current time. Doesn't mean we can't get there I just don't believe it will happen.

Secondly seeing Tyler Lockett suffer that injury was pretty much the cap on this season for me, not that I'm NOT going to watch but to lose an extremely young and talented playmaker like that, to an injury that could possibly cost him his career was just alot to handle, it was a really awful feeling and from that point forward it just felt like whatever to me.

Then for the offense to come back and then defense just folds like that it was just a summation of the whole year.

Not to mention Rawls getting hurt again, you just wonder if the team has enough running backs to even make it through the season.

Beyond that, it reminded me that once again we were outcoached and much too slow at making adjustments. Not sure what the answer is but I think we must start with trying to find some consistency on all sides of the ball.

I think Pete has put himself in a weird position because he's always claimed he wants Seattle to be a run first team, but what happens when you don't have a line that can run block, does that fall on Cable and if so he needs to be removed of his duties.

While I don't expect alot of changes to be made, I hope there is some for the sake of the team. They can't keep going the same direction and expect to find continued success.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":15gtwska said:

It solidified in my mind for certain that this team isn't a TRUE superb owl contender at the current time. Doesn't mean we can't get there I just don't believe it will happen.

Secondly seeing Tyler Lockett suffer that injury was pretty much the cap on this season for me, not that I'm NOT going to watch but to lose an extremely young and talented playmaker like that, to an injury that could possibly cost him his career was just alot to handle, it was a really awful feeling and from that point forward it just felt like whatever to me.

Then for the offense to come back and then defense just folds like that it was just a summation of the whole year.

Not to mention Rawls getting hurt again, you just wonder if the team has enough running backs to even make it through the season.

Beyond that, it reminded me that once again we were outcoached and much too slow at making adjustments. Not sure what the answer is but I think we must start with trying to find some consistency on all sides of the ball.

I think Pete has put himself in a weird position because he's always claimed he wants Seattle to be a run first team, but what happens when you don't have a line that can run block, does that fall on Cable and if so he needs to be removed of his duties.

While I don't expect alot of changes to be made, I hope there is some for the sake of the team. They can't keep going the same direction and expect to find continued success.
Agree with everything especially the last part. Bevell and cable need to go they have run their course, pete is just too loyal and stubborn. They would have been gone a long time ago on any other team. Pete needs to realize this before its too late, i do not want to watch them start another season with those two clowns in charge of the offense.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
If Special teams kicks a FG or an extra point, the conversation would be about how gritty this team is in refusing to lose, just saying!

I am concerned that this team cannot overcome the injuries against playoff teams. Thomas and Lockett are huge losses on both sides of the ball.

These inconsistencies in moving the ball can be fixed, hopefully against SF they will get it ironed out.

I'm more worried about what's supposed to be a top 5 D allowing a half dozen big plays to a banged up AZ O line for over 200 some odd yards, and not keeping AZ out of FG range down the stretch.

I am concerned but also hopeful that they will overcome these adversities.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
--
@hawkblogger

3rd downs:
AZ 1-9
SEA 8-17

Yds:
AZ 370
SEA 391

Poss:
AZ 26 min
SEA 34 min

Penalties:
AZ 7-85
SEA 5-40

TO:
AZ: 1
SEA: 1

Weird game

nash72

Reaction score
I didnt have much faith in this team awhile ago, after today I have absolutely none. They'll be lucky to win even one playoff game.

cymatica

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2jitawgt said:
--
@hawkblogger

3rd downs:
AZ 1-9
SEA 8-17

Yds:
AZ 370
SEA 391

Poss:
AZ 26 min
SEA 34 min

Penalties:
AZ 7-85
SEA 5-40

TO:
AZ: 1
SEA: 1

Weird game

Missing a field goal, then getting sacked on 4th and goal made the difference.

stack55

Reaction score
This team might as well be 9-6, our secondary isn't
Getting it done. The opposing qb looks like he's at
Practice. I agree, 1and done in playoffs.

seahawksny

Reaction score
No
This is always a tough game
Not the first time they have beaten us in seattle

Ilinoiseyhawk

Reaction score
I say TB.

Sure, RW threw 5 picks in the beatdown in fairly intimidating field like Lambeau, but I have to attribute some of that to the weather (so many fluke tip-balls and even Baldwin having one bounce off his facemask?) and the fact that Green Bay came to play. That whole weekend, with the cold front, there was a ton of turnovers and record amount of missed PATs. But it's football...play in all elements. It was just one of those games where one team seemed acclimated for the cold and one wasn't.

The Tampa Bay game just seemed more demoralizing. It's one thing for a bunch of drive-killing turnovers, it's another when you give up a few turnovers but mostly get your offense completely shutdown by a middle/upper-middle ranked defense in a place not really know for big homefield advantage. I don't know....that one stung more to me. TB came out, punched us in the mouth early offensively but didn't score much after that for 3 qtrs. We had 3 qtrs to respond and did squat.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Ilinoiseyhawk":1r4xij2r said:
I say TB.

Sure, RW threw 5 picks in the beatdown in fairly intimidating field like Lambeau, but I have to attribute some of that to the weather (so many fluke tip-balls and even Baldwin having one bounce off his facemask?) and the fact that Green Bay came to play. That whole weekend, with the cold front, there was a ton of turnovers and record amount of missed PATs. But it's football...play in all elements. It was just one of those games where one team seemed acclimated for the cold and one wasn't.

The Tampa Bay game just seemed more demoralizing. It's one thing for a bunch of drive-killing turnovers, it's another when you give up a few turnovers but mostly get your offense completely shutdown by a middle/upper-middle ranked defense in a place not really know for big homefield advantage. I don't know....that one stung more to me. TB came out, punched us in the mouth early offensively but didn't score much after that for 3 qtrs. We had 3 qtrs to respond and did squat.
Yes, that was a tough game.

First time start for Terrell (ET lost the week before), Sherm getting beat for TD's, Graham fumbling the ball at the goal line, Britt missing the game, it was a mess.

Welcome to on-any-given-Sunday parity, exactly the 'excitement' the NFL is trying to create.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
I'm kinda glad we lost this one.
The reason is I hate it when we get our asses kicked badly in the trenches still win the game.
It seems to make people ignore the ugly truth that the O-line is the worst ever.
IN FACT, I hope they lose to SF and get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.
Maybe then, they'll fix things, (dump Cable).

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Werent we saying worst line ever in '15 and before that in '14. Seems that after 3 years of a failing line someone gets a clue.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

mikeak

Reaction score
The game we should have won is the Saints

The worst loss is a tie between GB & Tampa. We were dominated

Arizona was the worst emotional rollercoaster - both games....

12thbrah

Reaction score
im over this one. This team has had worst losses but for some reason we do struggle a lot against divisional opponents. Sucks we will miss out on a bye but we're still home for the divisional round. With this offensive line we're fortunate to be in the playoffs.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":3jk07juc said:
Werent we saying worst line ever in '15 and before that in '14. Seems that after 3 years of a failing line someone gets a clue.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Oline in the last Sb run was actually very solid

okung, carpenter ,sweezy and unger

kf3339

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2mg09fos said:

I agree completely.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Leee-roy":nxq89cat said:
I'm kinda glad we lost this one.
The reason is I hate it when we get our asses kicked badly in the trenches still win the game.
It seems to make people ignore the ugly truth that the O-line is the worst ever.
IN FACT, I hope they lose to SF and get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.
Maybe then, they'll fix things, (dump Cable).

Are you serious? Whoa! No way get outa here with that. Yikes. Did you play O line or somthing? Maybe then I could understand...