Wrong on Alex Collins

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
After he lost weight, he looked fantastic out there. It is too bad Bevell only wanted him to carry the ball for one series.

MrThortan

Reaction score
He really surprised me out there. Looking like a force to be reckoned with. Just hold on to the ball :2thumbs:

hawk45

Reaction score
He looked so much quicker. Has a nice nose for the first down marker as well

seabowl

Reaction score
We'll see. One game doesn't change my opinion on what he had shown prior to today.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
seabowl":1oqq1ek7 said:
We'll see. One game doesn't change my opinion on what he had shown prior to today.

In that massive 17 carry sample size prior to today?

seabowl

Reaction score
Jeremy517":1sddagnz said:
seabowl":1sddagnz said:

In that massive 17 carry sample size prior to today?

Correct

Seanhawk

Reaction score
He actually looked worthy of a draft pick today. First time I've seen that from him since he arrived.

ACFan

Reaction score
I'm only surprised that it took this long for AC to get the opportunity, maybe conditioning, or learning to play at a new weight was an issue?

I felt he was the most complete back on the team at the start of the year, he can play every down.

Maybe next week he'll get a whole game's worth of opportunities and not just the 2nd half.

Your offense can be so much more effective if you are a threat to run power plays right at the D on occasion.

I'd like to see us be a threat to pound on teams with Reece and Collins from here on out and into the playoffs.

When your O Line struggles, get them fired up and have them road grade some, they have to be able to do that, you don't have to be extremely talented or experienced to run power.

Soften the D with Reece and Collins, it'd make RWs job so much easier, bring in Rawls and CJ for a change of pace.

ACFan

Reaction score
fwiw,

the 17 carry sample on Collins up to this point has to be about the worst collection of 17 attempts a young RB can get.

the first 10 were all spread out, never in a rhythm, usually in bad down and distance situations.

I think the last 7 carries prior to yesterday, were 7 straight carries against GB in the cold when he has playing with the flu, in a game already decided.

Plug him in as the feature back next week and stick with him for a while, and we'll likely see similar results as the 2nd half yesterday.

He'll punish any defender in pass protection that gets near RW, he'll take the hits and give them out, he can do it all game long and stay fresh. very dependable receiver who can find the sticks, every down back.

Rob12

Reaction score
It was odd. Dude looked slow all season and all the sudden he looked lightening quick today. Hope he keeps it up.

ACFan

Reaction score
Rob12":1m6vjf0y said:
It was odd. Dude looked slow all season and all the sudden he looked lightening quick today. Hope he keeps it up.

Having watched him for 4 years, I always felt his biggest attributes were his eyes, football smarts and instincts, that is where his biggest gifts lie IMO.

So early on, he couldn't rely on super quickness or top end speed to make plays like CMike, or Rawls or even Pope could. Maybe his "slowness" was him still getting adjusted to the game.

He's always going to look slow compared to a smaller, jitterbug kind of RB, but those kind of backs are injury prone, can't pass protect, can't wear down a D, can't be depended on for steady production. have to be swapped in and out due to down and distance.

I thought coming into the season AC would easily be quick enough to play NFL RB, and barely fast enough.

If the game slows down for him (and I think it has now) those rare running instincts he possesses are going to shine, the kind of instincts Rawls, CMike, or even most RBs simply don't have.

AC's record of durability is unsurpassed, whatever he's capable of, it'll be available game in, game out, stronger in the 4th quarter than in the 1st.

AC may yet prove to be the long term answer at RB, at least until next year's draft. :)

ACFan

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3fpaxi3k said:
I thought he looked pretty terrible

well no one looks good when you lose.

but had we won, his play, as it was, would have been one of the big reasons.

capncrunch

Reaction score
ACFan":1euuo49q said:
I'm only surprised that it took this long for AC to get the opportunity, maybe conditioning, or learning to play at a new weight was an issue?

I felt he was the most complete back on the team at the start of the year, he can play every down.

Maybe next week he'll get a whole game's worth of opportunities and not just the 2nd half.

Your offense can be so much more effective if you are a threat to run power plays right at the D on occasion.

I'd like to see us be a threat to pound on teams with Reece and Collins from here on out and into the playoffs.

When your O Line struggles, get them fired up and have them road grade some, they have to be able to do that, you don't have to be extremely talented or experienced to run power.

Soften the D with Reece and Collins, it'd make RWs job so much easier, bring in Rawls and CJ for a change of pace.

I like this post. The big dudes might be just what we need now. I like to see them knocking a few blitzers on their arse. They can both come out of the backfield as receivers too. I like the third and short play where we broke AC out wide and he picked up a very easy first down. Looks a little more beastlike than any of the others.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ACFan":6vuhfoye said:
Rob12":6vuhfoye said:

Having watched him for 4 years, I always felt his biggest attributes were his eyes, football smarts and instincts, that is where his biggest gifts lie IMO.

So early on, he couldn't rely on super quickness or top end speed to make plays like CMike, or Rawls or even Pope could. Maybe his "slowness" was him still getting adjusted to the game.

He's always going to look slow compared to a smaller, jitterbug kind of RB, but those kind of backs are injury prone, can't pass protect, can't wear down a D, can't be depended on for steady production. have to be swapped in and out due to down and distance.

I thought coming into the season AC would easily be quick enough to play NFL RB, and barely fast enough.

If the game slows down for him (and I think it has now) those rare running instincts he possesses are going to shine, the kind of instincts Rawls, CMike, or even most RBs simply don't have.

AC's record of durability is unsurpassed, whatever he's capable of, it'll be available game in, game out, stronger in the 4th quarter than in the 1st.

AC may yet prove to be the long term answer at RB, at least until next year's draft. :)

I actually saw some of what you were saying. I think he has potential and would like to see more.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Rob12":2rbnal62 said:

He looked lightning quick today because he had much fresher legs than everyone else. The announcers even talked about it during the broadcast.

And that's why, just as we did with Rawls around here last year, and then again this year, we might not want to jump to an "all in" opinion of a player. Yes, he looked great yesterday, and he could well be the answer for us at that position, but it's still pretty early to be jumping on that bandwagon.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Play him until it works- shotgun with back split to the side and then when its 3 and 1, throw a 30 yarder to the strong side and the abandon the run.

Whatever happened to the power I

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

rjdriver

Reaction score
ACFan":3gwx19z0 said:

If I'm in a foxhole someday, I want you next to me AC, you loyal son of a gun. I always enjoy your enthusiasm with Alex. I've been a skeptic, but I sure hope you are right. Keep reppin your boy as long as you believe in him!

Jville

Reaction score
rjdriver":1du5q2at said:
ACFan":1du5q2at said:

If I'm in a foxhole someday, I want you next to me AC, you loyal son of a gun. I always enjoy your enthusiasm with Alex. I've been a skeptic, but I sure hope you are right. Keep reppin your boy as long as you believe in him!

I hear that! ACFan is no snowflake. He's there for what he believes in. And ACFan sets a good example for the rest of us.