RBs Going Over The Top On The Goal Line

timmat

Reaction score
What ever happened to RBs jumping over the top in goal line situations? You rarely see that from any team any more. I thought it might have been worth a shot a few times in the last few games when we are struggling to pound in a short yardage TD.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I haven't seen that in years! It used to be a staple at the goal line.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
We need Sam "Bam" Cunningham.

sam-cunningham.jpg

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
timmat":45m806c1 said:
What ever happened to RBs jumping over the top in goal line situations? You rarely see that from any team any more. I thought it might have been worth a shot a few times in the last few games when we are struggling to pound in a short yardage TD.

There you go with a "logical" proposal.....to a team that seems to play "illogically' much of the time!

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Because a lot of today's running backs are a bunch of pussies. Rawls getting KO'd because of a bruised shoulder? Give me a break. I know this is football, but come on. I lost a lot of respect I had for him today. If he can't play with something like that, than he doesn't deserve to be on the team. I could never imagine Marshawn sitting because of that. He was a warrior. His body was so trashed, but he still went out there and dropped the hammer year after year until his body finally said no more. Marshawn dove over the pile on a goal line score last year in San Fran. Only the elite backs are smart and tough enough to do that.