Silver lining?

mikeak

Reaction score
Am I the only one looking at this game with a positive mindset?

Arizona always dominates our O-line - finally in the second half we said screw it lets game plan for a team with edge rushers

Finally we put points on the board against a good defense that has their strength were we are weak

Plus we got Collins going with several positive runs

I was much more worried after we were DOMINATED by Tampa and GB. Today I saw the team of old that doesn't quit, that stayed in the game and that wanted to win.

The second half team is what we take into the playoffs

Maybe it is just because I came in sure we would lose but either way I walk away from this game with positive thoughts....

And yes I get that we lost the No 2 seed and I get the disadvantage of that, but I still saw things that I think makes us very dangerous over the next few weeks

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We did what we do a lot of the time; bang our heads against the wall ineffectually, then try to actually be effective in the second half. If we'd just stop failing for HALF of every game and maybe only fail for a QUARTER of every game, we'd have a better W/L %.

nash72

Reaction score
Yeah, I think your the only one that saw any positives to that loss. It was a must win situation against the Cardinals that have been getting the crap beat out of them by average teams and we couldnt beat them at home. Here's what I saw, a defense that couldnt stop anybody, an offensive line that might be the worst i've ever seen at this level, a nonexistent running game, an offensive game plan that refuses to use one of the greatest weapons in the game today in Jimmy Graham, an embarrassing special teams effort, and even more injuries to key players. This Seattle team is the worst team in the NFC playoffs and dont scare anybody. Seriously, they will be lucky to win even one playoff game. As bad as this team is this year, unfortunately its probably going to get worse from here on out.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
mikeak":pvtgbadm said:

Arizona always dominates our O-line - finally in the second half we said screw it lets game plan for a team with edge rushers

Finally we put points on the board against a good defense that has their strength were we are weak

I was much more worried after we were DOMINATED by Tampa and GB. Today I saw the team of old that doesn't quit, that stayed in the game and that wanted to win.

Maybe it is just because I came in sure we would lose but either way I walk away from this game with positive thoughts....

And yes I get that we lost the No 2 seed and I get the disadvantage of that, but I still saw things that I think makes us very dangerous over the next few weeks

You cannot go into a game with a "positive mindset" thinking " I came in sure we would lose ".

Have not lost the #2 yet.

Rob12

Reaction score
Losing Lockett is a huge, huge blow. I don't take a sliver of silver lining from today. None.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I'm not in the sky is falling camp but after losing Lockett for the rest of the season I can't view this game as positive.

mort

Reaction score
mikeak":6qcspcti said:

The bittersweet silver lining for me is that I get to watch the playoffs with low expectations, I always seem to enjoy those games more... or at least I'm less likely to develop an aneurism over them. I'm a fan of under promise and over deliver, that's where we're at at this point in my mind. There's no promises but there's a lot of greatness just below a sometimes crusty surface.
GO HAWKS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cymatica

Reaction score

I don't see that as a silver lining. It looks like they were caught with their pants down because they refused to wear a belt with the wrong size pants, realizing they should put one on halfway through the party

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Why would there be a silver lining? This team repeats the same mistakes in seeming perpetuity. This loss is just the latest example of falling to the same deficiencies. As good as this FO/coaching staff is they are stubborn as hell and it's hurting us.

Ilinoiseyhawk

Reaction score
The only positive I saw was RW getting his late 4th Qtr MOJO going (too little, too late, though) and seeing Alex Collins taking advantage of his snaps and showing some positive ability.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Richardson is going to have to step up big time and give us that vertical threat. Also Prosise coming back is now huge. We need someone the defense is afraid of and he potentially can be that guy for our offense. We really, really need him and for him to play well in the playoffs. I still think this team can go all the way. It's going to be a tough road but most teams have problems.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Ilinoiseyhawk":398p5cvs said:
The only positive I saw was RW getting his late 4th Qtr MOJO going (too little, too late, though) and seeing Alex Collins taking advantage of his snaps and showing some positive ability.

Wilson's 4th quarter mojo was not too little, too late. He got it done. The special teams blew the extra point for the win, and the defense let the Cardinals march down the field for the winning score with under a minute left. None of that was Wilson; he did what he had to do.

getnasty

Reaction score
My silver lining is we have lost to Arizona in week 16 before and went on to win a Superbowl.

Seymour

Reaction score
austinslater25":2bk6ehhk said:
Richardson is going to have to step up big time and give us that vertical threat. Also Prosise coming back is now huge. We need someone the defense is afraid of and he potentially can be that guy for our offense. We really, really need him and for him to play well in the playoffs. I still think this team can go all the way. It's going to be a tough road but most teams have problems.

A vertical threat is the least of our personnel problems on O. 9 targets to Kearse and 3 to Graham. Chew on that a while.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The problem with that sort of reasoning is that a vertical threat makes it easier to open stuff up for Graham although I do agree with your point about Graham's usage being inexcusable.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
mikeak":o9z618b2 said:

Did you try to stay awake while waiting for Santa last night too?

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1pikqxse said:
Why would there be a silver lining? This team repeats the same mistakes in seeming perpetuity. This loss is just the latest example of falling to the same deficiencies. As good as this FO/coaching staff is they are stubborn as hell and it's hurting us.

I do agree but I much rather see it week 16 like this year vs the playoffs like Carolina.

I think the players on this team are fed up. They will not allow that game plan in 2 weeks and then we will roll from there.

It is Christmas - I will focus on the positive pieces. Hawks will win four straight and then we shall see what happens!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
getnasty":5y6i3oq9 said:
My silver lining is we have lost to Arizona in week 16 before and went on to win a Superbowl.

Quite true....however the Seahawks had HFA throughout the playoffs that season which is unattainable for this season.

cymatica

Reaction score
hawkfan68":17woorwj said:
getnasty":17woorwj said:

Quite true....however the Seahawks had HFA throughout the playoffs that season which is unattainable for this season.

They also had less injuries, a run game(best in the league), great depth, decent o-line, and a league that hadn't quite figured them out yet