The Naivete On This Forum

seahawksny

Reaction score
Is truly baffling

How anyone is surprised that we lost yesterday, or how anyone predicted a victory is truly astonishing.

Arizona always plays us tough in Seattle.
Combine that with what we have witnesed over the last couple of weeks?

This should not surprise anyone, sorry

Seanhawk

Reaction score
The thing I find truly baffling is that someone would not watch their favorite team on TV because of the uniforms they were wearing. That's just me though.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Seanhawk":l6e2fay7 said:
The thing I find truly baffling is that someone would not watch their favorite team on TV because of the uniforms they were wearing. That's just me though.

I gave in.
I watched that game

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Dude, we're still a great team. Arizona respects us. Everybody expects us to win these games. The difference is we're just as capable of losing these games. In the past, we always pulled these close games out

But now without Lockett, Thomas, Prosise, and a terrible O-line we're more shaky than usual. It's actually kind of impressive we're so competitive given our shortcomings

bighawk

Reaction score
The team has lost its hunger as well as too many injuries. Carroll needs to realize everything isn't positive and rosy. Focus guys the talent is there its up to them.

nash72

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1l9adrst said:
Dude, we're still a great team.

But we're not a great team. Seattles a good team at times and downright bad at times. They are damn lucky the NFC West was dismal this year and they still tied and lost one to the Cardinals, split with the hapless Rams and will guaranteed to be pushed by 49ers in the last game of the season. This team is nothing more than pretenders this year.

nash72

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2leobdo5 said:
nash72":2leobdo5 said:
Scorpion05":2leobdo5 said:

But we're not a great team. Seattles a good team at times and downright bad at times. They are damn lucky the NFC West was dismal this year and they still tied and lost one to the Cardinals, split with the hapless Rams and will guaranteed to be pushed by 49ers in the last game of the season. This team is nothing more than pretenders this year.

Watch some other NFL games besides the Hawks. Who do you consider a great team this year?

Dallas has been pretty good. Not sure about how many great teams there are, but I can give you a pretty long list of teams that are more consistent than the Seahawks and are playing much better football right now. Want that list?

mistaowen

Reaction score
nash72":1l4fhxd5 said:
FlyHawksFly":1l4fhxd5 said:
nash72":1l4fhxd5 said:
Scorpion05":1l4fhxd5 said:

Watch some other NFL games besides the Hawks. Who do you consider a great team this year?

Dallas has been pretty good. Not sure about how many great teams there are, but I can give you a pretty long list of teams that are more consistent than the Seahawks and are playing much better football right now. Want that list?

Yes. Cite sources though please. MLA format is acceptable.

Ozzy

Reaction score
We are a great team in this current landscape of the NFL. Every team has problems. Dallas has had a couple of pedestrain games and scored 7 pts recently. We aren't playing our best football but come playoff time I expect this team to rally and play well. Call me crazy I guess......

tacomahawk

Reaction score
nash72":1av39hr2 said:
FlyHawksFly":1av39hr2 said:
nash72":1av39hr2 said:
Scorpion05":1av39hr2 said:

Every team in the playoffs has lost, most of them in colossal fashion. At the moment GB is probably playing the best, but even they have some warts, and have had issues. We are in the dance, anything can happen.

nash72

Reaction score
We just got beat by a Cardinal team that everybody's been kicking around, got recently utterly embarrassed by GB, got man handled by a little better than average Tampa team, and beat a Rams team that shut us down earlier in the year. My point is we are playing worse than any team in the playoff bracket right now and there sure doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel. Anybody thinking this team can suddenly get hot and make a run to the Super Bowl needs to put the crack pipe down.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Teams that are playing better than the Seahawks -

Dallas - consistently winning games with a rookie rb and qb. Finding ways to win games not lose them.
New England - lost Gronk and still keeps on trucking. Consistently winning
GB - Defense is decimated but playing their best ball now
NYG - Beat Dallas twice. Plays big in tough games. Very good defense and passing game
Atlanta - Falcons have the best offense in the league right now. Almost unstoppable. I don't see the Seahawks beating them in an offensive shootout game.
Pittsburgh - They are playing some tough ball. Lost Big Ben earlier this season but still going to win their division.
Miami - Their starting QB is out for the season, but they are playing their best ball right now too.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Agreed. The new normal for this team is to look totally unprepared and to play terrible football. The exception is when they actually play good football.

RussB

Reaction score
Seahawks are a top team in the power rankings, and are supposed to be an SB contender. Forgive me for thinking they would have beat a trash cards team. :sarcasm_on:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":fd7yeay3 said:
Agreed. The new normal for this team is to look totally unprepared and to play terrible football. The exception is when they actually play good football.

Yep.