With a Saints, Boys, and Hawks win we get the 2 seed still

seabowl

Reaction score
IMO we will win next week and Detroit will lose one of the next 2. Soooo that leaves it up to the Saints to beat the Falcs. No out of the question folks. Saints have played well lately and are playing for nothing which is a good thing for us as they'll be loose.

Who Dat!!!!!

Ilinoiseyhawk

Reaction score
Possible. The better question is how far do you think we'll go in the offseason with what we've seen from this team lately? Not trying to be a debby-downer, but I'm less inclined on how we're going to be seeded/matched-up in the playoffs as I am focused on how this team finds it in themselves to over-perform once again during the playoffs.

djb28

Reaction score
Yeah, Seeding can not help a team that can not help themselves. I do not see play quality improving with seeding.
We need to be fixed.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Falcons will annihilate the Saints. We blew the opportunity for the 2 seed yesterday evening.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Ilinoiseyhawk":1p0dfvpf said:
Possible. The better question is how far do you think we'll go in the offseason with what we've seen from this team lately? Not trying to be a debby-downer, but I'm less inclined on how we're going to be seeded/matched-up in the playoffs as I am focused on how this team finds it in themselves to over-perform once again during the playoffs.

Agreed. Sadly feels like the bye week would only delay the inevitable for a week

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawks wouldn't have to worry about other teams losing had they took care of business yesterday. They laid an egg for 40 minutes and it cost them the #2 seed. That's the bottom line. They are who they are...the 5h best team in the NFC. They can't seem to play well against teams with a good QB and good defense lately. Those are the type of teams they will be facing in the playoffs.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Ilinoiseyhawk":byluzk79 said:

One that could be asked in the countless other threads on this very subject. Don't see what this has to do with what it will take for THIS team to get the #2 seed THIS year.

RussB

Reaction score
They blew it, falcons arent going to lose the the saints. They are going to beat them and swoop up the #2 seed.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I don't think the falcons give up that # 2 seed it was ours to lose ! Alt won't make the same mistake they will be prepared and ready that spot is a express way to the super bowl and they know it and they will come out swinging for it unlike us we wait till the 4 th quarter to actually play it would seem we really really needed that spot .

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Boys doing their part. If they win then our chances get a little better. BTW Saints O has lit up 2 very good defenses the last couple of weeks. Don't sell the Saints short against the Falcs.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Falcons play at their house. New Orleans has historically not played well on the road.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
BigBill1945":t4hp1c1r said:
Falcons play at their house. New Orleans has historically not played well on the road.

history shmistory, divisional game, role of spoiler, hot qb, it's gonna be their playoffs. Id expect a game.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
flmmkrz":q15d92pd said:
BigBill1945":q15d92pd said:

history shmistory, divisional game, role of spoiler, hot qb, it's gonna be their playoffs. Id expect a game.

I hope you are correct. You must be seeing something the rest of us do not.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
BigBill1945":3d345k9h said:
flmmkrz":3d345k9h said:
BigBill1945":3d345k9h said:

I hope you are correct. You must be seeing something the rest of us do not.

I'm not making any guarantees but this wouldn't be a huge upset. The falcons are explosive but their defense stinks and so does Nolas, and they can be equally explosive on offense. The 2 most potent offenses in the league and while it's not exactly pitt baltimore in terms of rivalries they are each others rival so as we know with the rams, cards and niners in the past, those divisional rivals live to fk your season. Cards were a happy happy team yesterday. Don't think Nola is just simply going to role over.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Drew Brees is 10-6 against Matt Ryan and the Falcs. I have no idea why you all are pretending that this is impossible

The Giants lose to the Eagles. The Cowboys have lost to the Giants twice. We've lost to the Cards. The Titans lost to the Jags. The Bears gave the Packers trouble last week. The Dolphins always give the Patriots trouble.

I honestly don't know why you guys are being so dismissive over a divisional matchup. Falcons could EASILY lose against a divisional opponent like the Saints, who can put 40 points up against that Falcons defense

HommyHawk

Reaction score
After seeing how #3 plays in bad weather I'm good with both teams we would have to play being dome teams.only if Green Bay keeps winning would we have to play out in bad weather and that would be a payback game.(or I missed something with seeding and apologize)Go Hawks!

NJlargent

Reaction score
Falcons will take care of business at home with a bye on the line. I expect a 14+ win and they will be ready to play. Usually these wins are automatic with good coaching

Crizilla

Reaction score
NJlargent":sf2yzgqr said:
Falcons will take care of business at home with a bye on the line. I expect a 14+ win and they will be ready to play. Usually these wins are automatic with good coaching

it's a division game. As seahawk fans we should know that division games don't always go the way we think they will.

with that said, I would love for NO to beat ATL, Washington to beat NY, DET to upset GB, and we beat SF. That would give us the 2 seed and GB would be out.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Atlanta at home with a bye on the line is not losing. Losing to a team with nothing to play for is a rarity (should be) whether a division foe or not. I think it's going to be 7-0 Atlanta in the first couple of minutes and the rout will be on and by halftime we will accept the 3 seed.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
#3 seed isn't so bad.

If WAS wins next week, we play them in the wild-card round. Otherwise, we play the loser of the GB/DET game. There is no scenario now where we play the Giants in the wild-card round.

How does everyone feel about that?