Chances Bevell is let go after the season? Poll

Chances Bevell is let go after the season?

• Gone

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • Probably

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • Staying

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
I go with probably on this one but wish it was Gone

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
It will be very difficult for Pete to release his good friend, but I believe that the "handwriting is on the wall".

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Any OC who comes in will have the same players as any other OC. They will also have the same HC and would be instructed to follow the exact same philosophy, game plans and directions - something that DB can already do.

Just don't see a change at OC happening.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I gotta say he's probably gone, barring a great playoff showing that staves off the execution but the writing seems on the wall. It's one thing for the fans to be clamoring and they have been a long time but when players are speaking up there are changes coming. Coaches are easier to replace than players.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I put maybe. I'm not fond of Bevell's play calling in certain situations but they did put up 31 points of which 28 came in the second half on Saturday.

The biggest weakness of the team is the Oline. You can make all the excuses in the world but these are the guys Cable chose. He has significant input. He messed up the OL just like he did early in the season last year. The line this year is much worse than last year. Saturday's game was very similar to the last season's game against the Rams (season opener). Yet last Saturday was week 16 not week 1. Cable needed to go after last season. He definitely needs to be gone after this one. He's just not a the right coach for this team. Bottom line.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The thread/poll is surely about if PC will fire DB.

For all the DB bashing (like as in, 'I would do it') there are 80 threads already polluted with endlessly repetitive spamming by a handful of all the same posters.

sutz

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2ysarmhe said:

For all the DB bashing (like as in, 'I would do it') there are 80 threads already polluted with endlessly repetitive spamming by a handful of all the same posters.
This. :ditto:

Assuming he doesn't get a HC gig, he'll stay IMHO.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I'm hoping Bevell got 'Using Your Stud TE For Dummies' for Christmas...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If we got real lucky, Bevell will get the Lambs HC gig.

You know the rhetoric... look how Bevell has groomed Russell Wilson... that's what Goff needs.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
sutz":1ke9ygsx said:
LeftHandSmoke":1ke9ygsx said:

This. :ditto:

Assuming he doesn't get a HC gig, he'll stay IMHO.

Agree 100%

getnasty

Reaction score
If he doesn't get a head coaching job he'll be back for sure.

RussB

Reaction score
Cable needs to be gone as well. Both are bringing the team down they suck. If they arent gone expect another season with a crappy OL and no run game or pass protection along with buffoonish playcalling.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3crd011b said:
Any OC who comes in will have the same players as any other OC. They will also have the same HC and would be instructed to follow the exact same philosophy, game plans and directions - something that DB can already do.

This doesn't even make any sense, every OC will have to follow the HC's philosophy with the same personnel. The entire point of an OC is trying to intelligently achieve said philosophy regularly, and there are obviously myriad ways to do that.

The Outfield

Reaction score
For the very same reason we've kept Nolan "try to catch this!" Frese all year over Clint Gresham, I think Bevell is here to stay for the long haul.

mrt144

Reaction score
He's not going anywhere, he's an unfortunate albatross.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is Pete's frayed edge. He will not fire Bevell and it will lead to his fire/retirement at the end of 2018.

sutz

Reaction score
sdog1981":2wt0pd6k said:
This is Pete's frayed edge. He will not fire Bevell and it will lead to his fire/retirement at the end of 2018.
Reaching-Out.jpg

daveyoung52

Reaction score
For the very same reason we've kept Nolan "try to catch this!" Frese all year over Clint Gresham, I think Bevell is here to stay for the long haul.
Precious!!!

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3dyk6553 said:
LeftHandSmoke":3dyk6553 said:

This doesn't even make any sense, every OC will have to follow the HC's philosophy with the same personnel. The entire point of an OC is trying to intelligently achieve said philosophy regularly, and there are obviously myriad ways to do that.
So you're saying the answer to the poll question is Yes, PC is going to fire him? Unless it answers the poll one way or the other then it is your own post that doesn't even make any sense in the context.