Get real time.........Season a bust?

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
IMO, I can't help but feel this season has gone up in flames. It wouldn't shock me if SAN Fran beats us. Definitely a free fall into the playoffs. No run game, can't protect the QB, inept play calling, Jimmy Graham not getting his name called, Lockett out, and now we need to count on Kearse again. Now for the D, sorry state also, the backup for Earl will nEver replace him and I think that's the biggest deal at the moment, but aside from Sherm, our DB's look like the re-incarnation of Kelly Jennings. Sherm's stirring the pot, Graham looks pissed, Rawls ain't the answer, and IMO, Russ is nursing an injury to get through the season and I wouldn't be surprised if he needs some sort of surgery after the season. So what now? Well I don't think we've got enough firepower to beat anybody at the moment. So in my mind any wins will be a bonus, but I think it's all but over.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
The Win/Loss says it's not a "bust" persay, but certainly fell far short of expectations when PC himself started the season saying it was the most talented group he'd ever had.

This team has had some internal issues for several weeks - perhaps longer, and that friction/division is coming to the surface more and more now.

I stated a while back that this off-season would most likely be a tumultuous one and that we might even now be witnessing the beginning of the end of the Pete Carroll era.

Despite the attacks of some short-sighted KoolAid drinkers in here when I first shared that opinion, I stand by it, and the hot/cold play of our Hawks has proven me far more right than wrong so far.

Still hope the Hawks can come together enough to make a deep run into the playoffs, but it will be a very big struggle to do so. Physical injuries are one thing, but this team appears to have a clash of personalities that is a far more difficult challenge to overcome.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Carolinas season was a bust they thought they were a playoff team. Arizonas season was a bust they thought they were gonna challenge us for top spot.

We went into this season thinking this defense was as good as it's been in years and had depth, we were bullish on the oline, we liked the recieving corps, jimmy was coming back tho we didn't know what he'd be we had hope, we were overly optimistic, as we fans tend to do. This is a team that's got some flaws like every other team in the league. We just seemed to have it all come to a head late in the year which coincides with some injuries, some unrest amongst players and leads to frustration amongst fans but we aren't the only team that's been here...it was never as high as we thought it was going to be and it's not as low now as some of you think it is. What we are is in the hunt, right there with everybody else...we could be one and done or we could get a bye or we could be the 4th seed and win the superbowl...put on your hats and jerseys and enjoy the ride.

Rat

Reaction score
The regular season has been disappointing. The season as a whole won't be a bust if we make a deep playoff run.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Rat":3e9rmnby said:
The regular season has been disappointing. The season as a whole won't be a bust if we make a deep playoff run.

Agreed, but concerned that deep run won't materialize based on the current negative dynamics of our Hawks right now.

But praying they somehow prove those concerns wrong.

Rat

Reaction score
semiahmoo":yvm6v8dv said:
Rat":yvm6v8dv said:

Agreed, but concerned that deep run won't materialize based on the current negative dynamics of our Hawks right now.

But praying they somehow prove those concerns wrong.

It's hard to not see this team as a threat in the playoffs with all their recent experience. We won't be the favorites, but nobody will want to play us either.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Going 10-5-1 and winning your division and maybe more is a bust of a season?

Nah, not even close.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Definitely not a bust.

All of their goals are still attainable and in front of them, it's up to them to look in the mirror and decide if they want to be the team that wins at New England or a team that exits the playoffs with a whimper.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I thought the team would be 11-5 at the start of the year.

Did I think it would look like this? Nope

Did I think the last time the team beat Arizona at home would be 2014? Nope

Frustrating but not a bust.

ctrcat

Reaction score
kobebryant":3avjqk6d said:
Definitely not a bust.

All of their goals are still attainable and in front of them, it's up to them to look in the mirror and decide if they want to be the team that wins at New England or a team that exits the playoffs with a whimper.

Exactly. Different teams in different seasons at different points of player or franchise history should have different reasonable goals. I think the Panthers and Seahawks were Super Bowl or bust this season. While a top 10 pick is a nice consolation to busting, the Panthers were a monumental bust. The Hawks can still win it all.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
sdog1981":6oiwh3nm said:
I thought the team would be 11-5 at the start of the year.

Did I think it would look like this? Nope

Did I think the last time the team beat Arizona at home would be 2014? Nope

Frustrating but not a bust.

Agreed.

Though certainly enough to be concerned moving forward...

chris98251

Reaction score
Bust, no, disappointing yes, we have not imposed our will or shown dominance week in and week out all year, were still playing musical chairs with the O line in the 16th regular season game, that in itself shows there is a problem and that were in a disarray of sorts, our depth is not as good as we were told at the beginning of the season by Pete, remember stating this is the best group we have ever had.

Whether we go deep or even win it all there are concerns that need to be addressed and looked at hard and adjusted, we may be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat, there isn't a team out there this season that can claim the title Team to beat and not have holes in them to exploit. But were going to have one of the more interesting off seasons going forward, maybe as interesting as our first year.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chris98251":1uc0qfia said:
Bust, no, disappointing yes, we have not imposed our will or shown dominance week in and week out all year, were still playing musical chairs with the O line in the 16th regular season game, that in itself shows there is a problem and that were in a disarray of sorts, our depth is not as good as we were told at the beginning of the season by Pete, remember stating this is the best group we have ever had.

Whether we go deep or even win it all there are concerns that need to be addressed and looked at hard and adjusted, we may be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat, there isn't a team out there this season that can claim the title Team to beat and not have holes in them to exploit. But were going to have one of the more interesting off seasons going forward, maybe as interesting as our first year.

Agreed.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
The way this team's been playing, I feel it's best that we don't go into the post season expecting to win in the early rounds. It's just not this team.
Latestcb20130805185858

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":8grp8nu3 said:
A probability of 10-5-1 on the season, division winners, at worst the #4 seed in the playoffs and at best the #2. Yeah, total bust. 8)

I just don't understand how a season can be called a bust when they have made the playoffs, have yet to be eliminated from the playoffs, and the playoffs have yet to start.

Is this year as fun as 2012 or 2013? No, it's not.

But this is a conversation following elimination from the playoffs.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I get the frustration but the different possibilities that can still happen between tonight and Sunday are large. I'm over the Arizona debacle and would be pretty damn happy if we came away with a #2 seed. #4 seed is fine but really puts a damper on another Super Bowl run. All perspectives change with a 2 seed.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3dv0zjrr said:
Going 10-5-1 and winning your division and maybe more is a bust of a season?

Nah, not even close.

When you started 4-1, beat a tough Patriots team that no one else seems to be able to do.....to just totally fall apart in November and December, then yeah the season kind of feels like a bust. Especially when we had a quarter mile lead on the all too important first round bye just to piss it away.

Sealake80

Reaction score
There are obviously reasons for concerns. But the season is not a bust until we are out of the playoffs. That's when it is time to "get real". We have a ticket to the post season. Enjoy it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":canfomi9 said:
It wouldn't shock me if SAN Fran beats us.

It would shock me.

Every team that's beaten us so far was severely underrated by most fans. The Cardinals have talent. The Rams have talent. Drew Brees had a hot year. The Bucs have promise. The Packers are never to be dismissed. The 49ers, on the other hand, are one of the league's worst teams. We should be fine.