Negative vibe

nwHawk

Reaction score
Oddly, the negative backlash has me thinking back to when Mora was here - the Deon Branch, TJ Hoosyourmama, and co.

We have plenty to be thankful for this season, but we all know there's room for improvement. Let's, dare I saw, trust the process and see how this team does in the playoffs before we set the town on fire. Plenty of fans around the country would trade places with us in a heartbeat.

:2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
nwHawk":19h4mnqx said:
Oddly, the negative backlash has me thinking back to when Mora was here - the Deon Branch, TJ Hoosyourmama, and co.

We have plenty to be thankful for this season, but we all know there's room for improvement. Let's, dare I saw, trust the process and see how this team does in the playoffs before we set the town on fire. Plenty of fans around the country would trade places with us in a heartbeat.

:2thumbs:

That's all fine and good.

If I lived in a really nice house in a really nice area and my house was on fire you could say the same thing, at least you lived in a nice neighborhood and plenty of people would trade you places, well before the fire.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
This team has a deep and continually problematic flaw. Pretending it doesn't exist won't make it go away.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1magjf88 said:
This team has a deep and continually problematic flaw. Pretending it doesn't exist won't make it go away.

TRUTH - despite some's attempt to ignore it.

Our Hawks are a good team capable of being very bad, and now seemingly rarely capable of being great.

It's been quite a run for us, but right now, they're struggling/hurt/confused/etc.

Even PC doesn't sound nearly so confident, which tells me the lack of confidence throughout the organization is likely significant.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
That didn't go well.

Right now it is what it is. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this year, and hoping for some positive changes for next. It ain't all bad.

sdog1981

Reaction score
You know what I bet the Titanic had an awesome breakfast spread. I also hear the lifeboats had padded seats.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
sdog1981":2yg4az4b said:
You know what I bet the Titanic had an awesome breakfast spread. I also hear the lifeboats had padded seats.

:lol: :lol:

Not sure the team has hit the proverbial iceberg just yet, but point taken!

chris98251

Reaction score
sdog1981":9lx3yqce said:

Pity they spent all that money on padding but could only afford half of the boats needed, but at least they looked cool. :)

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
The state of the OL has gotten to the point of necessitating change. PC/JS have shown zero hesitancy to cut bait with players but coaches may be a different story, though there is always the case of Jeremy Bates.

In my opinion there are two valid progressions:

1.) Keep Cable but increase spending on the OL
2.) Fire Cable and maintain the budget approach to the OL. Try to make hay with new coaching and technique.

Maintaining the status quo is unacceptable. Positivity just won't cut it, unfortunately.

Largent80

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":14q9juec said:

It's also a game that fans take way too seriously.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3ava66o7 said:
The state of the OL has gotten to the point of necessitating change. PC/JS have shown zero hesitancy to cut bait with players but coaches may be a different story, though there is always the case of Jeremy Bates.

2.) Fire Cable and maintain the budget approach to the OL. Try to make hay with new coaching and technique.

Maintaining the status quo is unacceptable. Positivity just won't cut it, unfortunately.

I agree, I would add

3.) Fire Cable, hire Les Miles as OL coach
4.) Fire Bevell and hire Ken Niumatalolo from NAVY or Kyle Whittingham From Utah

sdog1981

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2uol1swx said:
CodeWarrior":2uol1swx said:

I agree, I would add

4.) Fire Bevell and hire Ken Niumatalolo from NAVY or Kyle Whittingham From Utah

Hire a dude from NAVY? Are they going to run the wishbone?

"Hey, Kyle I know you just got this program to a respectable level in the PAC-12 you want a demotion to NFL OC?"

Les Miles was a damn good OL coach for most of the 80's and 90's. The rules have changed so much for blocking in the NFL I don't know if he is the guy.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Largent80":21bc45fd said:
CodeWarrior":21bc45fd said:

It's also a game that fans take way too seriously.

:ditto:

We all have opinions, and that's great, but all the handwringing going on gets us exactly where?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
sdog1981":hjmelx06 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":hjmelx06 said:
CodeWarrior":hjmelx06 said:

I agree, I would add

Hire a dude from NAVY? Are they going to run the wishbone?

"Hey, Kyle I know you just got this program to a respectable level in the PAC-12 you want a demotion to NFL OC?"

Les Miles was a damn good OL coach for most of the 80's and 90's. The rules have changed so much for blocking in the NFL I don't know if he is the guy.

Good Point on Niumatalolo..... consider this though. He has to develop teams that work within strict weight regulations and average an 18hr work/college day. He's been dominating the AAC. I'm not saying he's the right answer, the right answer would be a legit coach like Kyle stepping into the OC position to build a resume for a HC job.

As for an OL Coach, I think it'll take an old school smashmouth mindset to build a wall.

Either way, I absolutely do not think the team is nearing its end. Coach Carroll and John Schneider are too smart to let that happen. If it doesn't come from a major coaching change (keep in mind this could come from simplifying the playbook etc) not necessarily replacing coaches. It may mean a big roster churn.

The best way to fix the negative vibe is to get a Shutout down against the 9ers, a couple of key losses and #2 seed. Or a dominate run from the #4 spot. Having read Coach Carrolls book, it makes sense. He doesn't want his team to be satisfied with where they are. Always compete, always try to work harder. It will be interesting to see if Graham and Collins are a big part of the offense during the playoffs. Time will tell.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
sdog1981":vlkukxli said:

Neither Super Bowl participant from last year even made the playoffs this year. The NFL Champion Denver Broncos aren't even going to finish top two in their division. And yet, once again, the Seahawks have won this division, and still have a shot at the #2 seed in the conference, and this in spite of losing the best safety in the league for the rest of the season, as well as the other starting safety for a few games, almost the entire running back corps, key pieces of the defensive line for several games, and the starting quarterback playing injured most of the year.

If you're looking for metaphorical icebergs, I'd suggest starting in Denver and Charlotte far before poking around Seattle.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":hf6rmspl said:
sdog1981":hf6rmspl said:

Neither Super Bowl participant from last year even made the playoffs this year. The NFL Champion Denver Broncos aren't even going to finish top two in their division. And yet, once again, the Seahawks have won this division, and still have a shot at the #2 seed in the conference, and this in spite of losing the best safety in the league for the rest of the season, as well as the other starting safety for a few games, almost the entire running back corps, key pieces of the defensive line for several games, and the starting quarterback playing injured most of the year.

If you're looking for metaphorical icebergs, I'd suggest starting in Denver and Charlotte far before poking around Seattle.

Yeah those icebergs you mentioned did hit the Seahawks and the ship is sinking and I'm going down with the ship.

cymatica

Reaction score
You think Cable would be a good playcaller? If he is the guru of adjustments, then find a new OL coach, ditch Bevell, have Cable call the offense and retain assistant coach duties.

irocdave

Reaction score
Man their are a couple of perspectives to take from this thread. The younger, more ignorant / selfish and the old timer posts that are similar to the younger crowd. Either way, it doesn't take a genius to figure out this team is flawed, seriously flawed and has almost zero chance of making another SB. The offensive line is the 1st culprit. Blame Carol, Tom Cable or JS. Doesn't matter, it's a mess and is the root cause of the total inconsistency on offense, because RW is not capable of carrying the team. . Running back is a close second. TR is not the guy, to much time not on the field with injuries. Watching the Chiefs play last night makes we wonder what could have been with the guy cut by JS / PC.

The blame is widespread, but then again, the success was widespread. Pete and JS need to feel the heat this early offseason. No more grabbing reach players that don't match the immediate need, makes you wonder if JS understands the immediate needs?

This team needs O lineman and a stud running back. Safety's would be a close second in the need department.

sdog1981

Reaction score
irocdave":3pq1n02n said:
This team needs O lineman and a stud running back. Safety's would be a close second in the need department.

No more players need Tom Cable's anti-coaching.

They had to cut Spence Wear because he could not stay on the field.

Safeties? Are you kidding? This team has like 2 billion dollars spent on the safety position.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":34f8098j said:
Trying to pee in everyone ELSES cheerio's? God forbid that others are trying to hang onto some positivity.
Everyone HERE is quite AWARE of the Seahawks weaknesses, just don't see the need to harp on it.
No one at the V-MAC is taking a damned thing for granted either, they are trying to "Accentuate The Positive", after all, it was Pete Carroll, Darryl Bevell, & Tom Cable that produced the Seahawks FIRST Lombardi, and came close to having a repeat the following year eh?
Lot's of Debbie Downers that are miserably lonely, and seem to be looking for some Negative Nancy's to keep them company. :lol: