So we need Paul Richardson to step up

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Let's say he does and he really contributes. More Than Kearse(hopefully). Does this mean the team will cut Kearse next year since we will have both Richardson and Lockett next year?

I know they are both injury prone but we would bring in a serviceable veteran along with a draft pick next year as insurance.

What's everyone thought?

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Kearse isn't going anywhere. It would cost more money to replace him with a rookie than we'd save.

Basis4day

Reaction score
You only save 366,000ish dollars by cutting Kearse after this season. That's about 100,000 less than the cap number for an undrafted rookie.

But why is Lockett being called injury prone? This weekend will be the first game he's missed.

capncrunch

Reaction score
I don't want Kearse on the team anymore. I don't care about the salary issues. He's taking away reps from somebody else. The OPI penalties and lack of receptions are sufficient grounds for jettisoning him after the season. I would like to see him largely benched until then, but with the TL injury, well... Yeah Richardson is a fast and shifty dude who has soft hands. He showed up big time Saturday. I'd like to see plenty of him in Santa Clara. Yeah. We need another receiver maybe somebody with some size for next year. I guess we whiffed on Lawler?

Basis4day

Reaction score
capncrunch":1hlkbg6o said:
I don't want Kearse on the team anymore. I don't care about the salary issues. He's taking away reps from somebody else. The OPI penalties and lack of receptions are sufficient grounds for jettisoning him after the season. I would like to see him largely benched until then, but with the TL injury, well... Yeah Richardson is a fast and shifty dude who has soft hands. He showed up big time Saturday. I'd like to see plenty of him in Santa Clara. Yeah. We need another receiver maybe somebody with some size for next year. I guess we whiffed on Lawler?

You don't really whiff on a 7th rd pick.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This is PRich's time to step up. It's now or never for him as a Seahawk IMO.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
1. You can't really call a guy "injury prone" after seeing his leg get pile driven to the turf. That's a situation that would have shattered anyone's leg. Period.

2. We did see Richardson step up after Lockett went down in that game. He ended up with four catches, 42 yards, and a touchdown, most if I recall correctly, after Lockett was out. Not a monster of a game, but you're not going to have another guy with eye-popping numbers in a game when your #1 receiver ends up with a hundred and seventy one yards.

Lockett and Richardson are similar in play style and abilities. Both smallish speed guys. My guess is that Richardson will start getting a lot of targets that would have otherwise been Lockett's. And yes, he does need to step up and turn them into positive yardage and touchdowns.

chris98251

Reaction score
In reality Locket was Richardson insurance after Richardson had his injury anyway, Locket exceeded expectations and made Richardson's comeback difficult just due to his outstanding performance.

Rat

Reaction score
Even if Lockett didn't miss any games, he was clearly not 100% over the first half of the season. I still wouldn't say that makes him injury prone, since the compound fracture was a freak thing.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I'd say, we need the OL..well hell, everyone to step up.