We can still and WILL make and WIN the Superbowl

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Did losing to Zona suck? Yes, yes it sucked alot.

But take a step back, we will beat SF and be a 10 win NFC West Champ. We can still get the 2 seed if Drew Brees beats Atl.

But even if they don't. Do you really think this team can't go into ATL and win a game? That's all that changed with the zona loss. We would have to beat ATL in ATL instead of Seattle. Thats all that changed.

This team still has a championship pedigree and stil WILL get it done!

Mark my words.

Steve2222

Reaction score
All that's changed is now we play in round 1 instead of having a much much much needed bye week. We then go to a hostile place to play playing against an offense firing on all cylinders built to play in a Dome instead of having them come up here to play in the rainy northwest.

Yeah nothing much has changed!

StoneCold

Reaction score
Steve2222":35na71s7 said:
All that's changed is now we play in round 1 instead of having a much much much needed bye week. We then go to a hostile place to play playing against an offense firing on all cylinders built to play in a Dome instead of having them come up here to play in the rainy northwest.

Has Atlanta already beaten New Orleans? Somehow I missed that game. Damn!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I like your moxy kid............but this team is a mess right now.

IMO too many other teams are hitting their stride and gaining the proper momentum and health for us to be a contender this year. NE, Dallas, Falcons, Chiefs and Packers.........those are your front runners.

Anything is possible I guess, but anyone guaranteeing a SB win is just blowing hot air.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Anything can happen once the playoffs start. Just ask Eli and the Giants that.

While there are definitely some major issues with this team, every team other than the Cowboys in the NFC has their own problems. Losing the #2 seed obviously hurts, but none of the teams in the NFC are dominant. Last years Panthers were dominant, no one is playing at that level this year in the NFC. The Cowboys have had a great season, but they don't have much of a home field advantage where they play.

I said this in another thread, but I like our chances of making the SB more than last season. Last years Seahawks were better, but the overall competition is down this year.

You don't have to run faster than the bear to get away, you just need to run faster than the guy next to you. That's what I'm hoping for this season.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Yes, and Detroit had this big momentum until the Dallas smackdown. Now they're on the brink of playoff elimination.
Seattle will hand whatever hapless team first meets them in the playoffs a beat-down.
Then we'll see...

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
From here

Hawks are 100% in it:

---

No. 1 seed (clinched) — Cowboys (13-2): Champions, East. Dallas locked up the division title and home-field advantage in the NFC playoffs when the Giants lost in Philadelphia on Thursday night. The Cowboys had a strong first of two tune-up games with Monday's win over Detroit. What's left: at PHI

No. 2 seed — Falcons (10-5): Champions, South. Atlanta clinched the division title with its win over the Panthers coupled with the Buccaneers' loss at New Orleans. What's left: NO

No. 3 seed — Seahawks (9-5-1): Champions, West. Seattle clinched the division last week, but it lost its hold on the second first-round bye by losing to the Cardinals after the Falcons' win. What's left: at SF

No. 4 seed — Packers (9-6): First place, North. Green Bay jumped up here with the Lions' loss on Monday because of the head-to-head tiebreaker. It still needs to beat the Lions in Week 17 to win the North, or it would need help from a Redskins loss to get in as a wild card. What's left: at DET

No. 5 seed (clinched) — Giants (10-5): Wild card. New York lost to the Eagles, but it still clinched a wild-card berth with the Buccaneers' loss. What's left: at WAS

No. 6 seed — Lions (9-6): Wild card. Detroit fell out of first place in the North with Monday's loss in Dallas. It can still get in as North champs by beating the Packers next Sunday. A loss would mean the Lions need the Redskins to lose in order to make it as a wild card. What's left: GB

Erebus

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":ufxrwtao said:
From here

No. 6 seed — Lions (9-6): Wild card. Detroit fell out of first place in the North with Monday's loss in Dallas. It can still get in as North champs by beating the Packers next Sunday. A loss would mean the Lions need the Redskins to lose in order to make it as a wild card. What's left: GB

Actually Washington controls their own destiny with the #6 seed. If they win, they're in with 9.5 wins. The loser of GB/DET needs Washington to lose, because they will only have 9 wins.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
gowazzu02":19kkxrie said:

But take a step back, we will beat SF and be a 10 win NFC West Champ. We can still get the 2 seed if Drew Brees beats Atl.

But even if they don't. Do you really think this team can't go into ATL and win a game? That's all that changed with the zona loss. We would have to beat ATL in ATL instead of Seattle. Thats all that changed.

Mark my words.
No, losing to Arizona didn't change everything. Looking pathetic against GB, TB, and inept at other times, and injuries piling up and no run game changed "everything"!

Steve2222

Reaction score
StoneCold":200wth30 said:
Steve2222":200wth30 said:

Hope for the best. Expect the worst. It doesn't matter. They controlled their own destiny and blew it.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":341h2tl0 said:
gowazzu02":341h2tl0 said:

Mark my words.
No, losing to Arizona didn't change everything. Looking pathetic against GB, TB, and inept at other times, and injuries piling up and no run game changed "everything"!

You can take your negativity to one of the multiple other threads that focus on that.

I choose to be glass half full. We won our division, we (with a win vs SF) have no worse then the 3 seed. We have a home playoff game and then a trip to ATL. Hell we can still host the NFCCG if/when Dallas blows it in the first round. Ive been saying it all year, a rookie qb/rb combo will crack come post season.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Steve2222":ol4tz3s9 said:
StoneCold":ol4tz3s9 said:
Steve2222":ol4tz3s9 said:

Hope for the best. Expect the worst. It doesn't matter. They controlled their own destiny and blew it.

How about be prepared for the worst. I'm guessing you are not going to watch the playoffs, right? Because I don't think you would be happy even if Seattle won a game.

cymatica

Reaction score
Yes other teams have their warts, but the difference is most of them at least have an identity this season, something they can rely on. Seattle's defense, run game, pass game, and special teams has been 100% jekyll and hyde. You can't really go into any game and say "well, at least we can rely on this".

Sure, they can pull it together. But shouldn't they have come out firing and fully prepared against AZ when they had home field and a bye week on the line? That game was very important. If they come out looking like that in a game that many would say is must win if a suberbowl is the goal, then what makes us fans think it will all of the sudden change come playoffs?

Maybe it will change, maybe they needed yet another slap in the face. Everyone I personally know, people that have followed this team their whole life, they are not confident. My brother in law has season tickets, goes to every game, never misses the playoffs, goes on the road sometimes. He is very much leaning towards not going to a playoff game because they just don't look that good. I get into it about bevell with him, but he made a damn good point to me at christmas : "the defense is living off it's past reputation". Very true, the defense has been a big let down. Yes they have had injuries, but there should be enough good players on that side to keep it together. I personally think the idea to keep things simple and execute well might be the problem. Scheme more wrinkles in and make the opposing offense think more. Too many times the qb knows where to go because they know whats coming, and they usually get a clean pocket or no interior pressure.

Fade

Reaction score
Not with the current Coordinators that continue to get out coached on a weekly basis. They both need to be upgraded, or this team will continue to underachieve. (Championship Caliber, but instead play at WC level, or can win a bad division.)

Pete Carroll is only one man in charge of an entire organization. He doesn't have the time to babysit, and watch over them. He needs help. Hypothetically if you were to swap them for Quinn & Shanahan. The Seahawks would've gone 14-2 / 13-3 ish. Instead they will win 10 games. Pretty good, but still under achieving, eerily similar to last year as well when you had the same 2 Coordinators.

The Seahawks will play great in the playoffs, but will lose, and everyone around the league will be talking about a head scratching decision made by Bevell, Richard, or both.

sdog1981

Reaction score
No team in the playoffs have the type of Dline that can make this team look bad. Only the Rams and Cards consistently make the Seahawks look bad. I like the hawks chances vs every team left in the playoff field.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If we do, awesome, I have zero hopes for a SB this year though. We're not the same team anymore.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
sdog1981":2032csxa said:
No team in the playoffs have the type of Dline that can make this team look bad. Only the Rams and Cards consistently make the Seahawks look bad. I like the hawks chances vs every team left in the playoff field.
+10

There are hardcore, badass leaders on this team - especially on D.

I definitely like the Hawks chances too - against anybody. Bring it!