Russell needs to make the tour

chris98251

Reaction score
He needs to start showing what Franchise QB's can do as far as having that edge and the ability to get his guys up.

First go to the O line meeting with Cable, state he is tired of running for his life and they need to get their act together, that he is tired of running for his life and that they have had a whole season to get it, tell Cable that you went after these guys and that he needs to fix what they don't do well and do it now.

Go into the RB meeting, tell Sherman Smith to light a fire under those here, protect the ball and start fighting for the extra yards, start delivering punishment on contact.

To the WR's Kearse start concentrating on what the Refs are calling him on, the rest finish routes, don't give up on plays, be aware of the scramble drill, fight for the ball.

To Bevell and Cable, stop being so damn cute, find something that works and stick with it till they stop it, go after points early and often so the defense is strong at the end of the game, start putting our guys in position to take advantage of match up issues instead of ignoring them.

To Pete, let us win from the first quarter, make them stop us and stop being so conservative in the first half, let me open up and call a faster paced game on offense, get my plays in faster, run no huddle and hurry up, audible when I see something. Let us help the defense for a change.

Then on game days hold the guys accountable, get in their face if necessary.

May not do a bit of good, but he needs to step up from being the company line guy and start asserting his position of the face of the franchise. At least on the field and off camera, the off camera part we don't know about granted, but pushing for accountability would show on game day I think if it was happening.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Are you saying you know exactly what is said in the locker rooms between Russ and the team?

Jville

Reaction score
Russell Wilson has a lot on his plate to fix with his own game.

It's a team sport ...... not a one man band.

This is a one man band >>>> [youtube]uXMuWi0dUBc[/youtube]

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chris98251":1q9g1kt4 said:
He needs to start showing what Franchise QB's can do as far as having that edge and the ability to get his guys up.

First go to the O line meeting with Cable, state he is tired of running for his life and they need to get their act together, that he is tired of running for his life and that they have had a whole season to get it, tell Cable that you went after these guys and that he needs to fix what they don't do well and do it now.

Go into the RB meeting, tell Sherman Smith to light a fire under those here, protect the ball and start fighting for the extra yards, start delivering punishment on contact.

To the WR's Kearse start concentrating on what the Refs are calling him on, the rest finish routes, don't give up on plays, be aware of the scramble drill, fight for the ball.

To Bevell and Cable, stop being so damn cute, find something that works and stick with it till they stop it, go after points early and often so the defense is strong at the end of the game, start putting our guys in position to take advantage of match up issues instead of ignoring them.

To Pete, let us win from the first quarter, make them stop us and stop being so conservative in the first half, let me open up and call a faster paced game on offense, get my plays in faster, run no huddle and hurry up, audible when I see something. Let us help the defense for a change.

May not do a bit of good, but he needs to step up from being the company line guy and start asserting his position of the face of the franchise. At least on the field and off camera, the off camera part we don't know about granted, but pushing for accountability would show on game day I think if it was happening.

GREAT post - totally agree. He's paid to be Mr. Franchise. That means stepping up and acting the part - which also means stepping on some toes/skulls/necks etc.

Have seen nothing out of him to indicate he's comfortable with that. He works very hard, no doubt, but beyond that, not sure how much influence he exerts on this team. I would think he has potentially significant say in who stays, who goes, both on the coaching and playing side. Not the one who makes the ultimate decision, but input.

This team doesn't need a nice guy. It needs someone to demand better of itself.

RW needs to be that guy.

Seymour

Reaction score
So basically you want Russell to pull a Sherman 2 and go get in the coaches face?
Shouldn't that be Pete's job?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Lynch's agent needs to give Russ a call and again, tell him to get his head out of his.. you know.

kf3339

Reaction score
chris98251":ejqwisf7 said:

You're right what needs to be done. The problem is that RW's personality doesn't lend itself to that type of action. Just watch him on the sideline when he is on TV. Watch his demeanor when talking to others players and/or coaches. Then go watch Brady or Rogers under the same conditions. They have a very direct and aggressive personality that forces compliance. I don't think either of those guys would hold back with players or coaches if they thought it was needed.

I'm don't know if it's because RW has never been that type of guy even in college, or it was beaten out of him by PC and company when he got here. Perhaps the point guard mentality that PC looks for in his quarterback forced RW to take a step back in a more forceful demeanor as the guy.

I'm afraid the type of QB you describe in your comments isn't on our team.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
kf3339":1me84qer said:
chris98251":1me84qer said:

You're right what needs to be done. The problem is that RW's personality doesn't lend itself to that type of action. Just watch him on the sideline when he is on TV. Watch his demeanor when talking to others players and/or coaches. Then go watch Brady or Rogers under the same conditions. They have a very direct and aggressive personality that forces compliance. I don't think either of those guys would hold back with players or coaches if they thought it was needed.

I'm don't know if it's because RW has never been that type of guy even in college, or it was beaten out of him by PC and company when he got here. Perhaps the point guard mentality that PC looks for in his quarterback forced RW to take a step back in a more forceful demeanor as the guy.

I'm afraid the type of QB you describe in your comments isn't on our team.

You say Point Guard and I think Gary Payton, he doesn't need to be Gary but some of that would be great.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Scorpion05":197b9es2 said:
Are you saying you know exactly what is said in the locker rooms between Russ and the team?

I am saying that if it was going on you should see some indicator on game day, why I don't think it is, why we never see Russell go over and get on his WR or do a Dilfer and say just catch the " word I can't use " ball. Grab a Lineman's face mask or go to their get together on the sidelines and jump on them a bit. I also think it's why we seen Sherman get upset, that should have been Russell, maybe not the same way, but he should have been the initiator, not our defense.

Mojambo

Reaction score
It's not who he is. He should not try and be something he's not. Guys see through that shit.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I agree. I think a little bit of that goes on but he probably needs to take even more of a leadership role. That's not a knock on Wilson because I think his leadership is unquestioned. When I watched the Sound FX from the Carolina game and how he handled the 31-0 deficit I was shocked. He was in everyone's face telling them we will come back and I need to to be at your best. It was incredible to watch.

I have sort of wanted to see him get a little fired up at times when the line is playing poorly or maybe a more vocal role in the playcalling and what he would like to run. I think the best OC's, and maybe Bevell does do this and I don't see it, is to communicate with their QB's and see what they see out there, what they want to run.

I'm rambling but my point is I think it is a part of his personality and I think he can do more of it as he is in the league longer. It will look different than a Brady or a Rodgers but he will do it his way.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Mojambo":41rn9uax said:
It's not who he is. He should not try and be something he's not. Guys see through that shit.
+1

If the OPs points need to be raised there are plenty of leaders and coaches better suited to do that. RW 'trusts the process' and he's been very successful with that philosophy. Wouldn't ever trade RW for Dilfer for anything.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Do Russ and Ciara have a little baby coming soon? Maybe that would keep his mind away from football for a bit.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":24ua0kf8 said:
Mojambo":24ua0kf8 said:
+1

If the OPs points need to be raised there are plenty of leaders and coaches better suited to do that. RW 'trusts the process' and he's been very successful with that philosophy. Wouldn't ever trade RW for Dilfer for anything.

Your SUPPOSE to be the leader and face of this team at 20 million or so a year, your suppose to be the LEADER on offense, you don't hand that off to Jermaine Kearse or Thomas Rawls, Richard Sherman or Jimmy Graham or anyone else to protect your IMAGE.

If you can't jump in and raise concern's politically correct if you want or not you're going to have a Ric Mirer clone behind a line like this and with this type of play calling. The door is suppose to be open to Pete from everything he has said, Wilson has tenure and experience now, his thoughts should be weighed in and valued.

Tical21

Reaction score
Not the smartest move. There are a lot of players on any team that resent the attention a qb gets, probably moreso one that is beloved by the media and is married to a pop stsr. Now he is going to go into their meeting rooms and call them out? Why don't they go call him out for air mailing open receivers. Russell is a natural leader. He will do it the way it should be done.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Russ was never the leader of the team. A lot of insiders have said that.

However, this topic reminded me of this pic which went viral as a meme. This is what I imagine Russell making the rounds looks like and the blank faces in response to it.....

russellwilsonjeans.jpg