Film: Steven Terrell is a step down from Earl Thomas

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Every FS in the NFL is a step down from Earl Thomas. :laugh:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Anyone else listen to the Mens Room on Seattle Radio during the afternoon commute? They have a segment called "Noooo Shhhh#$ Sherlock" Where they read news headlines that are very similar to the title of this thread.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
But he'll likely get better as he continues to play. FS shouldn't be a huge concern.

Chapow

Reaction score
:shock: So you're saying that a back up safety isn't as good as a veteran all pro safety?

Not sure I'm buying that. Seems like a pretty outlandish notion to me.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Earl's middle linebacker-esq play recognition is sorely missing. His ability to see a run coming and either a) blow up the play or b) blow up the blocker to let the cavalry make a play is incredible. He also knows when to leave his zone to interrupt a developing deep pass which many NFL safeties don't know how to do.

His absence is very noticeable on the slew of big plays we generally haven't seen the past 4-5 years. Defense played mostly fine outside of a handful of BIG plays and I think with Earl back there, they either don't happen or would be less damaging (Terrell tripping torched Lane would not have happened, or if it did Earl is right there to limit). It's incredible what he's allowed the defense to do since he got here, I can't think of any other defense who just leaves someone on an island while they simultaneously run the show.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is clearly fake news. Lies based on lies. NFL talent is an illusion, all players at the same. It's the government man trying to hide the fact that the 2011 NFL draft was an inside job.

RussB

Reaction score
Every FS in the league is a step down from earl. Hes a vital piece to the D, hes what makes the 3 deep work so well. I knew it would be a huge loss the moment i saw his leg snap.

RussB

Reaction score
Why did it have to be earl?
759.gif

joeseahawks

Reaction score
If Terrell was as good as Earl, maybe ... he would ask to be paid like Earl? Or maybe he would be playing for another team and we would have to go against him?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I've seen Terrell get caught 3 times watching for the run for too long. All bombs over his and Lane's head. Its not like he's a great run defender so you would think his first priority is to never let the WR get over him. Hence "safety"