Is it time for Sherman to just shut up?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
whats his deal? such an intelligent guy now hes going serious off. is he trying to take heat off the team and put it on him? does he want out of seattle? maybr time to focus on play on the field...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
His act has definitely been wearing thin this year. So my answer is yes.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Others are making it a bigger deal than it needs to be. It's Sherman's prerogative to talk to them or not. He's not causing any distraction. He canceled his press conference so he did shut up yet now that he did that people are unhappy about it. Let the player be and focus on what he needs to do on Sundays.

mrt144

Reaction score
Cyrus12":ei24ue4v said:
whats his deal? such an intelligent guy now hes going serious off. is he trying to take heat off the team and put it on him? does he want out of seattle? maybr time to focus on play on the field...

He seems frustrated as hell.

SirTed

Reaction score
I love it.

Nothing worse than the self-righteous sports media, who sit cocked and ready to take every play, every word, every glance and turn it into a controversy, and a 7 day story.

Don't think for a second that as fans we're going to be less connected to players without a press conference. Thanks to twitter, and the rest of social media, the sports media becomes less relevant every day.

I'm honestly surprised players haven't just started their own little broadcasts on fb live or something.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
That's just the way vocal players like Sherman are. When everything is going right then his remarks are aimed at other teams/players but when things aren't going how they're supposed to guys like him will call out the people inside the org who they view as the problem.

Last year we were talking about how Sherman was becoming too nice and how we'd like to see some fury back in him and now he has that so we shouldn't gang up on him for doing pretty much what we asked him to do.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Past time.

The media's an ass to him. Him being an ass back can still be tiring. It's not an either-or situation.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
I'm OK with his antics, but they are more enjoyable when the team is rolling.

getnasty

Reaction score
He can shut up when it comes to this team. As far as the rest of the league goes, I hope he flames them all.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
His talking isn't bothering me at all. I find it rather entertaining, and I don't think it's really causing any problems.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
mrt144":1atymfaq said:
Cyrus12":1atymfaq said:

He seems frustrated as hell.

He has to watch this offense up close every week.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Shut up? No. Stop criticizing his own teammates and coaches? Absolutely.

I never had a problem with Sherman screaming and yelling at Skip Bayless or Crabtree...........but now he's directing that negativity inside at his own team. That's not cool with me.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Yes, and grow up! He's a vet now, should be a leader not a distraction! Don't even tell me he's not a distraction, he is, yelling at coaches and teammates on the sideline is a distraction. It's also hinders getting the fellow players hyped up for a Thursday night game when the big baby millionaire says he hates it. Lead by example or leave by example!

RussB

Reaction score
Hes always been this way though. Anyone remember how much trash he talked back in 2013?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Here' the thing with player's acting out or talking crap about whatever............when the team's winning it's cute, interesting and just the coach letting the player be himself!

But when the team's losing? Then it's an irritating distraction and annoys everyone involved.

So if Sherman is really the smart player everyone says he is, then he has to realize when to pick his spots as to when it's OK to act out. Right now the team's struggling, so shut up and play.

If we get rolling and make a SB run? Talk all the crap to whoever you want to yell at.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":fi6jr6oz said:
Shut up? No. Stop criticizing his own teammates and coaches? Absolutely.

I never had a problem with Sherman screaming and yelling at Skip Bayless or Crabtree...........but now he's directing that negativity inside at his own team. That's not cool with me.

This is where I'm at too.

Latest posts