Petes special team meeting?

summesm

Reaction score
seen it was reported Pete called a special team meeting to discuss team moral, personal issues, ect.. To me this is not good thing going into week 17 , heading into playoffs, hoping for some help and needing a win to get a higher seed and needed bye week.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Sounds like these meetings happen every year, unless I misread something.

Still, this screams "wheels coming off"

I tell ya, I love this team but can't remember another time that I've been so down on what's going on at the VMAC. I keep hearing about how talented this team is, yet we can't seem to get out of our own way. Can't friggin' scheme us a win anymore either....funny how most the other teams in the league can hide their deficiencies just fine.

Basis4day

Reaction score
summesm":6u5qtxg6 said:
seen it was reported Pete called a special team meeting to discuss team moral, personal issues, ect.. To me this is not good thing going into week 17 , heading into playoffs, hoping for some help and needing a win to get a higher seed and needed bye week.

Are you talking about the meeting that was held last week? It was going into week 16, not 17.

Doesn't worry me a bit. There is a lot of youth on the team and the season is a grind.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Good. It's his responsibility to make sure everyone is on the same page and in this for the TEAM not themselves

Largent80

Reaction score
Probably to discuss what they said in training camp. " Y'all gotta block and tackle, ya know?"

The offensive line thought it was a bullfighting class.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I think it would be a bad team if Pete WASN'T having a meeting.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Basis4day":3laozrrm said:
summesm":3laozrrm said:

Are you talking about the meeting that was held last week? It was going into week 16, not 17.

Doesn't worry me a bit. There is a lot of youth on the team and the season is a grind.

If it was held last week, then it sure didn't work based on the results of Saturday's game. I think the "hunger" is missing from the team. They have been winning since 2012 so a little complacency has settled in last season and this season so far. Hopefully that "hunger" comes back on Sunday and beyond.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Basis4day":ia6uuqn8 said:
There is a lot of youth on the team and the season is a grind.

This would make sense if the problem players were actually the rookies.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
summesm":2lushh6p said:

I assume this is meant to be morale as opposed to morals?

Foghawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3ppewk01 said:
Probably to discuss what they said in training camp. " Y'all gotta block and tackle, ya know?"

You mean like this :lol:

Interesting to see who releases to the left side, all by himself.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/813857785708498944[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Foghawk":222rwt2p said:
Largent80":222rwt2p said:

I thought it was Bevell's fault..........that's what Sherman taught me about our goalline failures.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":n5hhe6bz said:
Basis4day":n5hhe6bz said:
summesm":n5hhe6bz said:

If it was held last week, then it sure didn't work based on the results of Saturday's game. I think the "hunger" is missing from the team. They have been winning since 2012 so a little complacency has settled in last season and this season so far. Hopefully that "hunger" comes back on Sunday and beyond.
Really?.....So guys like Bennett & Rawls missing a few games, having KEY players like Earl Thomas, & Tyler Lockett out at the tail end of the Season, along with two Rooks on the O-line and a couple others there that have no business even being in the that lineup hasn't taken any kind of toll?

"Winning since 2012" also included guys like Marshawn Lynch, and a fairly healthy 'Legion Of Boom', an O-Line that was dialed into providing for a stellar run game......We're not even close to having that O-Line in the lineup now, and this year?, Russell Wilson has paid a big price for all the shortcomings.

It's hard enough to find a team that has continuity, all it's fingers and toes that still doesn't have misfires & brain farts every now and then, let alone a team that is missing a crucial HALF of it's all star Secondary, a glued together patchwork O-Line & RB's that have been injured LONG before it can put in the necessary time to find it's groove.

What would you have Pete do at this juncture?, there's a lot of players on the team now, that have never been this deep into a season before, and CERTAINLY haven't played against PRO caliber players for a whole season, so they are in uncharted waters, and in need of meetings like this. JMHO

hawkfan68

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2x8xz4no said:
hawkfan68":2x8xz4no said:
Basis4day":2x8xz4no said:
summesm":2x8xz4no said:

Really?.....So guys like Bennett & Rawls missing a few games, having KEY players like Earl Thomas, & Tyler Lockett out at the tail end of the Season, along with two Rooks on the O-line and a couple others there that have no business even being in the that lineup hasn't taken any kind of toll?

"Winning since 2012" also included guys like Marshawn Lynch, and a fairly healthy 'Legion Of Boom', an O-Line that was dialed into providing for a stellar run game......We're not even close to having that O-Line in the lineup now, and this year?, Russell Wilson has paid a big price for all the shortcomings.

It's hard enough to find a team that has continuity, all it's fingers and toes that still doesn't have misfires & brain farts every now and then, let alone a team that is missing a crucial HALF of it's all star Secondary, a glued together patchwork O-Line & RB's that have been injured LONG before it can put in the necessary time to find it's groove.

What would you have Pete do at this juncture?, there's a lot of players on the team now, that have never been this deep into a season before, and CERTAINLY haven't played against PRO caliber players for a whole season, so they are in uncharted waters, and in need of meetings like this. JMHO

A lot of excuses are being made....The Seahawks are a better team than they showed. They should be playing better in week 16 but they are not. In years past they have played better toward the end of the season. They didn't have Lynch for most of the season but were able to play better. Last year's team is significantly better than this season's team. The season before that, that team was better than last season and this seasons. The team has regressed. Yes, injuries play a factor but a lot of teams that are playing better currently than the Seahawks are dealing with injury issues as well. GB has lost almost half their defense to injuries yet are finding ways to win. Pats lost their best receiver and are continuing to win. Great teams find a way to overcome adversity not make excuses.

mrt144

Reaction score
summesm":1tvnk7dg said:

Is there any right time for this kind of meeting? After losing in the playoffs?

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Foghawk":1masw8x4 said:
Largent80":1masw8x4 said:

That is a pretty big missed assignment. I doubt that guy will ever get a easier sack in his life.

Foghawk

Reaction score
tacomahawk":1p6uq3hr said:
Foghawk":1p6uq3hr said:
Largent80":1p6uq3hr said:

That is a pretty big missed assignment. I doubt that guy will ever get a easier sack in his life.

If you watch him come off the line it looks like he nearly fell flat on his face due to the lack of contact.

slateman77

Reaction score
Largent80":3iswk6r0 said:

Bwa ..Ha...Ha...That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.....Bull fighting class...Give that man a Ceeegar..!!!

Optimus25

Reaction score
Foghawk":2unsyydh said:
Largent80":2unsyydh said:

To me this is the bullcrap that continually drags us down, ie, '' don't blame the play calling because this that and the other''

The WHOLE game looked like that in terms of blown up assignments at the line. Therefore the call WAS to blame because it took way too damn long to develop. Pretty easy to me... If you have 2.5 seconds for Russ on every drop, you don't call a 3 second developing play.

Last i heard they had an absolutely DECIMATED secondary from injuries, yet we can't just motion Jimmy out 1 time to see who they dare matchup in coverage. Instead we have to have him plow thru bodies at the goal line to find space, again, as if the near disaster vs LA wasn't obvious enough that Jimmy is better in space.

The only reason Bevell insists time after time to not ever isolate Jimmy i think is that he thinks they will then know 100% where the ball is going, and those type of plays we almost never run since Bevell focuses on misdirection type routes so often, which is fine, but sometimes you just have to go to THE guy. Even when they know it's coming in one way shape or form.

I just can't imagine the human who could defend Jimmy running a quick fake slant followed by a back shoulder high point ball from Russ.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Optimus25":2v6m827s said:
Foghawk":2v6m827s said:
Largent80":2v6m827s said:

To me this is the bullcrap that continually drags us down, ie, '' don't blame the play calling because this that and the other''

The WHOLE game looked like that in terms of blown up assignments at the line. Therefore the call WAS to blame because it took way too damn long to develop. Pretty easy to me... If you have 2.5 seconds for Russ on every drop, you don't call a 3 second developing play.

Last i heard they had an absolutely DECIMATED secondary from injuries, yet we can't just motion Jimmy out 1 time to see who they dare matchup in coverage. Instead we have to have him plow thru bodies at the goal line to find space, again, as if the near disaster vs LA wasn't obvious enough that Jimmy is better in space.

The only reason Bevell insists time after time to not ever isolate Jimmy i think is that he thinks they will then know 100% where the ball is going, and those type of plays we almost never run since Bevell focuses on misdirection type routes so often, which is fine, but sometimes you just have to go to THE guy. Even when they know it's coming in one way shape or form.

I just can't imagine the human who could defend Jimmy running a quick fake slant followed by a back shoulder high point ball from Russ.

Right on. Yes, that was some epic-level crap blocking by the O-Line, but the playcall itself, which is repeated over and over again, reflects an OP who seems to think he's working with a top-notch line.

We're not, so adjust and go from there. Bevell has yet to do that consistently.

There is plenty of blame to go around on the inconsistencies of Hawks 2016 - including our defense. That kind of inconsistency speaks to personnel issues which appear to be confirmed via PC's special meeting to try and talk this stuff out heading into the playoffs.

We've had our ups and downs over the Carroll era during previous seasons, but this year feels different. It feels worse, more dysfunctional, etc. Is Bevell the primary cause? Who knows, but he sure as hell isn't the solution.