Why the double standard? Fire Pete....

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
So the defense loses one player, and no one places blame on the coordinators or Pete Carroll for the atrocious defensive performances but says its all because Earl is gone.

The offense doesn't have 4 players but somehow it's the coordinator who is supposed to fix this.

Bottom line, when you don't have the players, its is hard to execute any game plan no matter how good of a coordinator you are.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
2nd in scoring defense, 20th in scoring offense. That's with the defense dealing with injuries all season.

And the offense was putting up crap games to start the season before the injuries piled up.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hell, just use Red Matter on the whole team and fanbase.

[youtube]FXy_DO6IZOA[/youtube]

Sealake80

Reaction score
I'm going to assume I'm missing somthing beautiful here. Happy new year!

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Heh...ya. Let's get rid of Pete, best coach this franchise has had

flmmkrz

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":218k2qc6 said:
So the defense loses one player, and no one places blame on the coordinators or Pete Carroll for the atrocious defensive performances but says its all because Earl is gone.

The offense doesn't have 4 players but somehow it's the coordinator who is supposed to fix this.

Bottom line, when you don't have the players, its is hard to execute any game plan no matter how good of a coordinator you are.

Bro you don't wanna go there, I'll ruin your posting career, I'll revoke your .net posting privileges, you won't start a thread in seattle again

Foghawk

Reaction score
flmmkrz":i0hgmvq8 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":i0hgmvq8 said:

Bro you don't wanna go there, I'll ruin your posting career, I'll revoke your .net posting privileges, you won't start a thread in seattle again

:lol:

Erebus

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":yvfnw4tm said:

There is so much wrong with this line of thinking. But aside from all the obvious (such as Pete being the best coach we've ever had and how hard good coaches are to come by), just remember that the Rams coaching job is available. This would literally be the worst time to fire Pete.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Yeah gameday forum is quick hitting hate responses.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3b81z22k said:

In seven seasons under Pete Carroll:

1. Have .635 win percentage in regular season
2. qualify for playoffs 6 times
3. win division title 4 times
4. Have .667 win percentage in playoffs (with this playoff season still to come)
5. win NFC Championship 2 times (with this playoff season still to come)
6. win one super bowl Championship - and within a hair of a second (with this playoff season still to come)

Only the New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers and Denver Broncos can compare over the past seven seasons in both regular and playoff results. And you can say that the Seahawks compare quite evenly or a hair better than all of them considering how close they were to winning that second championship. If they won that they would undoubtedly be the best team in the NFL during Pete's tenure here.

Maybe you think that a team is supposed to roll through and win Super Bowls multiple times?!?! I've got news for you - the only team that has won the Super Bowl twice in the last 10 years is the NY Giants who have won it twice. Its not that easy bro.

(The Giants had a 10-6 and 9-7 regular season record those years - the Seahawks this season are 10-5-1 which apparently disappoints you. And in those ten years, other than their Super Bowl runs, the Giants had only played - and lost - in one other playoff game).

So you want to fire Pete huh? Who on god's green earth is out there that has a better track record than him that you want to replace him with?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":2sl70yep said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":2sl70yep said:

4. Have .667 win percentage in playoffs (with this playoff season still to come)
6. win one super bowl Championship - and within a hair of a second (with this playoff season still to come)

Only the New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers and Denver Broncos can compare over the past seven seasons in both regular and playoff results. And you can say that the Seahawks compare quite evenly or a hair better than all of them considering how close they were to winning that second championship. If they won that they would undoubtedly be the best team in the NFL during Pete's tenure here.

Maybe you think that a team is supposed to roll through and win Super Bowls multiple times?!?! I've got news for you - the only team that has won the Super Bowl twice in the last 10 years is the NY Giants who have won it twice. Its not that easy bro.

(The Giants had a 10-6 and 9-7 regular season record those years - the Seahawks this season are 10-5-1 which apparently disappoints you. And in those ten years, other than their Super Bowl runs, the Giants had only played - and lost - in one other playoff game).

So you want to fire Pete huh? Who on god's green earth is out there that has a better track record than him that you want to replace him with?
And this impressive resume translates to Bevell as well. Don't forget that.
For the record, can't any of you figure out that the OP is being facetious?

getnasty

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":3v9650jc said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":3v9650jc said:

I approve this message.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1cganzf5 said:
Vancanhawksfan":1cganzf5 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":1cganzf5 said:

I've been a defender of Bevell and do apply this line of thinking to Bevell as well.

If the OP was being facetious then I guess he got me. The headline to this post was about Carroll though, and the problem is that there are Hawks fans out there that are questioning whether the Seahawks should retain him or not now which gets my ire up.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":6l26jdf2 said:
Siouxhawk":6l26jdf2 said:
Vancanhawksfan":6l26jdf2 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":6l26jdf2 said:

I've been a defender of Bevell and do apply this line of thinking to Bevell as well.

If the OP was being facetious then I guess he got me. The headline to this post was about Carroll though, and the problem is that there are Hawks fans out there that are questioning whether the Seahawks should retain him or not now which gets my ire up.

It's basically say jeez we might as well fire Pete too.

He's not wrong the defense was on track to be the top scoring defense for the 5th straight year with Earl and the bottom fell out without him.

The 9ers and Cards put up 54 points against us and that was still with having Wagner, Right, Sherman, Kam track, Bennett, Avril and Clark to name a few.

One of the most star studed defenses in the league and looking pretty bad without one key player.

The offense has dealt heavily with injuries all year.

If your going to heap blame on one person for the offensive production it makes sense to do the same for the defense.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":njkyqhmc said:

Huh, seemed pretty down to earth and serious to me. Guess I'm losing my sense of humor or was never funny to begin with. Wait, are you being facetious?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":10wk5e6a said:
Siouxhawk":10wk5e6a said:

Huh, seemed pretty down to earth and serious to me. Guess I'm losing my sense of humor or was never funny to begin with. Wait, are you being facetious?
I took it as 'facetious' in the sense of the OP accusing the .Nutters among the .Netters who are 'two-faced' when it comes to blaming coordinators instead of injuries - but only when the subject is Offense. So, more like 'teasing.'

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've said this 1,000 times on here.

If you hate Bevell and the way the offense is constructed, schemed and run................then you hate Pete. Pete has controlled from day 1 the way he wants everything run on both sides of the ball.

He wants a nasty fast and physical defense, thus 70% of the cap dedicated to that side of the ball. And he wants a ball control emphasis on a punishing run game to open up play action for 3-4 explosive plays a game.

Neither of these plans has worked very well the past two years. The defense isn't the dominant defense anymore that it needs to be to in order to the offense to play the safe pound the rock offense................and the offense isn't anywhere near where it needs to be because Pete and John took risks all along the O-line expecting Russell to continue to make up for those glaring deficiencies, nor has Rawls stayed healthy to pick up where Marshawn left off.

ALL these issues are on Pete and John for how this team was built. Obviously injuries have played a part, but the depth isn't there either like it's been in the past for the next man up to fill in and play well. ALSO on John and Pete.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Because we won at least ten games for the fifth year in a row and are again in the playoffs?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2fithq4b said:
I've said this 1,000 times on here.

If you hate Bevell and the way the offense is constructed, schemed and run................then you hate Pete. Pete has controlled from day 1 the way he wants everything run on both sides of the ball.

He wants a nasty fast and physical defense, thus 70% of the cap dedicated to that side of the ball. And he wants a ball control emphasis on a punishing run game to open up play action for 3-4 explosive plays a game.

Neither of these plans has worked very well the past two years. The defense isn't the dominant defense anymore that it needs to be to in order to the offense to play the safe pound the rock offense................and the offense isn't anywhere near where it needs to be because Pete and John took risks all along the O-line expecting Russell to continue to make up for those glaring deficiencies, nor has Rawls stayed healthy to pick up where Marshawn left off.

ALL these issues are on Pete and John for how this team was built. Obviously injuries have played a part, but the depth isn't there either like it's been in the past for the next man up to fill in and play well. ALSO on John and Pete.

This is largely a strawman argument that Siouxhawk also promotes. Many on here, including myself, are not griping about a punishing run game style or about a ball controlled offense. It is about Bevell's poor timing of his plays and weird esoteric play formations that he runs that make no sense. Pete Carroll is not in Bevell's ear saying "run this play", "pass on this play", "do that funky 5 receiver empty backfield thing you do, I like that". Yes, head coaches step in and will decide whether to run or pass the ball in critical moments but even then they will let the OC decide the formation and type of run or pass play, i.e. slant, sweep, fly.

With all that said, I wouldn't even care what Bevell did if we were not so putrid on our number of first downs we get and our 3 down conversion rate.