Getting play calls in quicker

mistaowen

Reaction score
Legitimate issue. My assumption is this is on the OC. Frequently see Russell motioning for plays to come in quicker and they are snapping at 1 second. Wasted 2-3 timeouts today because of it.

Would love to see some more uptempo play calling in the playoffs, actually dictating game flow and not giving the defense free rushes knowing ball has to be snapped.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":bz82e4eh said:
Agreed. Idk why Bevell takes so long to get the calls in.
It's a tough choice between a draw play and a bubble screen. 8)

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Misconception on your part. Plays are relayed in plenty of time. Russ takes the role of dissecting pass protection and that's why play clock winds down.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
To copy what the OP said even further, the Hawks offense is nearly unstoppable in no huddle hurry up situations.

Why doesn't the offense try some hurry up occasionally at random throughout the game.

Throughout the years, the offense only scores when they have to, opposed to scoring to blow out our opposition

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3q20rkxk said:
Misconception on your part. Plays are relayed in plenty of time. Russ takes the role of dissecting pass protection and that's why play clock winds down.

They're consistently breaking the huddle with 15 seconds or fewer on the playclock

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
This is definitely on the OC. He did it to Boykin as well. There are a lot of arguments for and against Bevell but this is a very telling issue with him. It is so infuriating because it is something that is easily fixed by one person and it happens to be high ranking coach on the team. Whether it is a lack of preparedness or stupidity, I'll just call it incompetence.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
mistaowen":2gr16r47 said:
Legitimate issue. My assumption is this is on the OC. Frequently see Russell motioning for plays to come in quicker and they are snapping at 1 second. Wasted 2-3 timeouts today because of it.

Would love to see some more uptempo play calling in the playoffs, actually dictating game flow and not giving the defense free rushes knowing ball has to be snapped.

You are 100% right in your frustration.

Happened a lot last season too and feels to have gotten even worse, and agree with others that this has to fall almost entirely on Bevell. The number of timeouts we've burned over this repeated delay should not happen nearly so frequently.

cymatica

Reaction score
Jerhawk":vhene50l said:
Siouxhawk":vhene50l said:

They're consistently breaking the huddle with 15 seconds or fewer on the playclock

What he said

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I've never seen it to be a problem. Obviously the team doesn't either.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3a7sxtmg said:
I'm now convinced that you are Darrell Bevell in real life.

mikeak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":17expxbu said:

Strange because we consistently waste timeouts due to this...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":2rhmbuf3 said:
Siouxhawk":2rhmbuf3 said:

Strange because we consistently waste timeouts due to this...
Consistently? I don't think so. Not the games I watch.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":21y98oli said:
Siouxhawk":21y98oli said:
I'm now convince that you are Darrell Bevell in real life.
You can think what you want Roland. It's really irrelevant.