Is Wilson still injured or just overweight?

King Dog

Reaction score
Boykin looked a lot faster out there which shouldn't be the case.

Wilson's injuries were early in the season, so you would think he would be pretty close to 100% right now based on what we were told anyway.

Is he just overweight at this point where it has affected his speed, or do you think there's still lingering issues there?

strohmin

Reaction score
Wilson is fatter and slower now. He ruined himself with his dumb offseason bulking when he could have spent time improving as a QB.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
King Dog":1jnj6kbz said:

Wilson's injuries were early in the season, so you would think he would be pretty close to 100% right now based on what we were told anyway.

Is he just overweight at this point where it has affected his speed, or do you think there's still lingering issues there?

LOL, well I was looking at him on the sidelines and he has a double chin..which means...

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
King Dog":1972y3hj said:
.. ?
Why shouldn't it be the case that Boykin looks faster than RW? Look at the kid, everything about it says 'Fast.'

Foghawk

Reaction score
I thought he looked a step slower in preseason this year as well. I don't think he was as focused on speed this past year like he was earlier in his career.

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3hxuspjh said:
King Dog":3hxuspjh said:
.. ?
Why shouldn't it be the case that Boykin looks faster than RW? Look at the kid, everything about it says 'Fast.'

Boykin 4.77 40
Wilson 4.55 40

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
King Dog":3dme7ntu said:
LeftHandSmoke":3dme7ntu said:
King Dog":3dme7ntu said:
.. ?

Boykin 4.77 40
Wilson 4.55 40
5 1/2 years and 250 hits ago, right?

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":6spwernf said:
King Dog":6spwernf said:
LeftHandSmoke":6spwernf said:
King Dog":6spwernf said:
.. ?

Boykin 4.77 40
Wilson 4.55 40
5 1/2 years and 250 hits ago, right?

Yes

Leew72

Reaction score
I agree.. kaepernick looked way more nimble and effective also which was not always the case..

Russell still great at sliding that ass down though

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Yup, as stated earlier, Wilson showed up to TC looking noticeably heavier/slower.

He was still quick, but had lost that 2nd gear he used to have.

Add the injuries, and perhaps even a bit more weight, and he's definitely a half step or more slower out there.

Don't think he'll ever be as fast as he was before. He's not a kid anymore. That's why his pocket passing skills must improve if he is to continue on as a top-tier QB IMO, but that requirement is made more difficult due to his limited height.

I think he might yet manage to do just that so long as his amazing work ethic holds up, as does his health.

I'd love to see him get a legit O-Line and see what he can do in the next few years.

cesame

Reaction score
Leew72":2t08a3yp said:
I agree.. kaepernick looked way more nimble and effective also which was not always the case..

Russell still great at sliding that ass down though

Well this isn't true at all

HawkFreak

Reaction score
If RW was bulking up this year to avoid injury behind the terrible O-line....well that failed.
I say slim down and go back to focusing on trying to outrun them with speed and elusiveness.

RussB

Reaction score
Hes fat now and not as agile. I rewatched a couple games from a couple seasons ago and he looked so much quicker and elusive. Hes just fat and slow now. Always gets caught from behind.