Pass to Jimmy Graham

seabowl

Reaction score
When Russell heaved it up to Jimmy and he blocked the guy out like he was posting him up in basketball, that was beautiful. If Bevell ever figures out that in most cases all you have to do is throw it in Jimmys vicinity , then are a different O. It's so easy to see that its comical. Throw more to Graham!!!!!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
seabowl":22rem41m said:
When Russell heaved it up to Jimmy and he blocked the guy out like he was posting him up in basketball, that was beautiful. If Bevell ever figures out that in most cases all you have to do is throw it in Jimmys vicinity , then are a different O. It's so easy to see that its comical. Throw more to Graham!!!!!

OP, Jimmy is only here to block, stop assuming he is actually here for other reasons. :sarcasm_off:

As Bevell once said "We're not trying to target him more than others".

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seabowl":3bqzo82j said:
You are oversimplistic. Did you see the pass earlier to Jimmy that was easily batted back when he had 1-on-1 coverage? The coaches are doing a job feeding hin the ball in the rhytym of our offense. Sometimes some of you think we get 90 plays on offense a week.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
59365303.jpg

Foghawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3m2k1jev said:

I'm laughing at that one.

Jimmy was 1 on 1 down field against a smaller player, Russ saw the situation as he was rolling out and let her rip giving Jimmy a chance to make a play. At one point I don't even think you could see the defender behind Jimmy when he posted him up. I'm sure Russ would take that shot anytime the opportunity arises unless someone else is uncovered.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":tat4pjqk said:
seabowl":tat4pjqk said:
You are oversimplistic. Did you see the pass earlier to Jimmy that was easily batted back when he had 1-on-1 coverage? The coaches are doing a job feeding hin the ball in the rhytym of our offense. Sometimes some of you think we get 90 plays on offense a week.

It is an abomination on how we use him inside the RZ. Line him up as a WR like they did in New Orleans and isolate him.

Look at the routes he ran there, as well as a lot of his TDs inside the red zone; fades and quick slants. He is nearly unstoppable. Similar to what he did today with the box out, he did that for 5 years for the Saints in the RZ. No idea why it's such a hard concept for our coaching staff to understand. We are absolutely terrible in the red zone; why we don't emulate what the saints did with him is mind boggling.

I'm not sure how to embed, but quite a few of the TDs are in this video link.....

https://youtu.be/L_74Wu0AXVI

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Yes that was a great play/throw. Jimmy is a beast. Feed him.

He almost made a catch on what was a horrible throw by RW as well earlier in the game. Still have to wonder if Russel has that pec injury giving him pain. Sometimes he throws some real crappers out there.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Yes it was a great play.

The play to get TRawls in from the 1 for the subsequent TD was good too.

TE Brandom Williams had a very nice catch up the left for a 1st down. And TE Wilson's TD was a nice strike, with good pass protection for RW.

The catch for a TD by the SF TE (was it Cellec?) was against tight coverage by Shead and it looked to me like that TE shoved #35 Shead so hard that 35 went to his knees and couldn't recover in time despite trying. Could have been called OPI.

Our TE's played better for sure, they had big games.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Isn't Jimmy breaking pass reception records for Seahawks tight ends this season?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1w6x05dn said:
Isn't Jimmy breaking pass reception records for Seahawks tight ends this season?
I would bet good money that he is. When's the last time a TE was the Seahawks #2 in catches and yards?

northseahawk

Reaction score
I don't put this on Bevell completely. I put it mostly on Wilson. He is essentially the one making the decision to throw it to JG, how and when to throw it to him. Since JG has been here, i probably remember just a handful of lobs or throws where Jimmy could use his height and jumping skills. I doubt Bevell is telling Wilson to make sure he never throws a jump ball to the best jump ball catcher in the world. Its Wilson just not trusting JG.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
northseahawk":aw0sfhhe said:
I don't put this on Bevell completely. I put it mostly on Wilson. He is essentially the one making the decision to throw it to JG, how and when to throw it to him. Since JG has been here, i probably remember just a handful of lobs or throws where Jimmy could use his height and jumping skills. I doubt Bevell is telling Wilson to make sure he never throws a jump ball to the best jump ball catcher in the world. Its Wilson just not trusting JG.

Thank you Mrs Bevell but not buying it. You would expect us to throw to Jimmy but we don't hence why it's planned and a Darrell call all the way.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
seabowl":2lpfv2wc said:
northseahawk":2lpfv2wc said:

Thank you Mrs Bevell but not buying it. You would expect us to throw to Jimmy but we don't hence why it's planned and a Darrell call all the way.

Have to disagree,

Wilson has been off target badly when going to Jimmy for some reason. May be a timing thing or may be Russ's Peck is bothering him but he was nearly picked off on what should have been a routine jump ball in the end zone in the AZ game IIRC and threw balls behind and way over Jimmy's head last game. The one over the head should have been an easy TD in the corner of the EZ but Wilson threw the ball 10 yards out of bounds.

I know it's easy to just place all the blame on one person, especially if it directs negative attention away from the hero but it's a lazy narrative.

We need to find a good RB and improve O-line play and Wilson needs to get healthy and start stepping into the pocket instead of trying to scramble backwards. Last game one of his sacks was 100% on him when he felt edge pressure and ran backwards thinking he could get outside. The problem was there was a perfectly formed pocket in front of him. Maybe he struggles to see from inside a closed pocket but he is causing some of our O-line problems on his own.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1w1akhs4 said:

I don't think you realize how great Graham is/was w/ NO. We are talking Hall of Fame, yet we use him like just another guy.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
scrummymustard":oobjk7ps said:
Siouxhawk":oobjk7ps said:

I don't think you realize how great Graham is/was w/ NO. We are talking Hall of Fame, yet we use him like just another guy.
A guy who receives the most offensive snaps aside from Russ and the line. He is being used.
Also, we're not the Saints. Jimmy still is a huge part of this offense (second in receptions), but Baldwin just set a single-season franchise record for receptions, a significant achievement that wouldn't have happened were we force-feeding the ball to Jimmy.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":28ll9q76 said:
seabowl":28ll9q76 said:
Well said. OP also ignores the many times that Jimmy gets re-directed by the D.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
scrummymustard":2klvsdzu said:
Siouxhawk":2klvsdzu said:

"we use him like just another guy"?

Graham LED THE TEAM IN RECEPTIONS yesterday. What if anything would satisfy you?

Sheesh :)

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3vbzh2qc said:
scrummymustard":3vbzh2qc said:
Siouxhawk":3vbzh2qc said:

Graham LED THE TEAM IN RECEPTIONS yesterday. What if anything would satisfy you?

He's averaged 25% less receptions per year in the 2 years he's been with us. And yes I prorated his time on IR last year. Not being utilized enough.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":tx4s3cy3 said:
scrummymustard":tx4s3cy3 said:
Siouxhawk":tx4s3cy3 said:

I was referring to inside the RZ as I alluded to in the first post of mine in this thread. But let's not act like 4 receptions yesterday is some huge accomplishment.

Actually utilizing him as one of/if not the BEST red zone weapon in the NFL would satisfy me. I hate to use him as a scapegoat because I really don't have a problem with him personally, but as an example, sit Kearse in the RZ and have Graham run his routes. I guarantee we will have better success than what we are having now.

We are 2-11 in the red zone over the last two games. This has been the theme for most of the season, we are dreadful down there. We should be on a bye this week. The inefficiency in the RZ is a huge factor in us not getting the 2 seed.

I would prefer not to settle for mediocrity offensively. I'm not calling for people to get fired, I just want our coaching staff to put our best players in situations for them, and the hawks to succeed.