The Significance of 2 missed field goals.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I was just reflecting on this earlier. I realized that the 2 missed field goals in the first Arizona game in the last 4 minutes of overtime are the reason we are the 3rd seed. If Catanzaro makes the first one, we'd be the 4th seed and hosting New York. If Hauschka makes the second, we'd be the 2nd seed and have a bye. 2 missed field goals is the only way we're the 3rd seed and behind a team we beat and ahead of a team that beat us. This is a crazy game.

sutz

Reaction score
It's the Sport of Kings, man....

[youtube]q1zCfXhA3og[/youtube]

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Maulbert":3kgj2iuz said:
I was just reflecting on this earlier. I realized that the 2 missed field goals in the first Arizona game in the last 4 minutes of overtime are the reason we are the 3rd seed. If Catanzaro makes the first one, we'd be the 4th seed and hosting New York. If Hauschka makes the second, we'd be the 2nd seed and have a bye. 2 missed field goals is the only way we're the 3rd seed and behind a team we beat and ahead of a team that beat us. This is a crazy game.

Yeah, I mean It happened so early in the season I don't know how our record would be different had we won or lost that game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I still remain convinced that if we win that game instead of going into OT, we beat New Orleans handily.

That means we would be a solid #2.

That Gresham thing just screwed us this year.

evergreen

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2pfr050d said:
I still remain convinced that if we win that game instead of going into OT, we beat New Orleans handily.

That means we would be a solid #2.

That Gresham thing just screwed us this year.
this more than anything!