Are we going to talk about Reed and Clark?

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":324rfwoy said:
It's already patched up between them. Just an in-game emotional tiff involving a rook. Nothing to see here...
Fair enough. Has anyone actually seen what Reed did to get ejected? The replay looked like it was going to show what happened but didn't go on long enough.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Yep, he threw a punch at a Niner. Don't know the identity of the recipient, but Pete said Reed's ejection was justified. And Clark alluded to himself being pissed at Reed in the moment for putting himself in jeopardy, as a friend and brother on his D-line (his words in the post-game show interview), not only for fines or possible reductions in future paychecks (or personal injury), but also for putting the team in jeopardy for not having him in there... as a fellow starter. And from the looks of the altercation, I would assume that Frank got his point across to the rook...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":3eg9gpxb said:
Apparently he got caught throwing a punch.

Idiot....here let me break my habd on ur helmet

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Looks like SF #64 Mike Purcell was in the thick of it. Not sure how since he is a NT too.

[youtube]pL0KZTc73E8[/youtube]

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
BlueThunder":iaxy2kun said:
Yep, he threw a punch at a Niner. Don't know the identity of the recipient, but Pete said Reed's ejection was justified. And Clark alluded to himself being pissed at Reed in the moment for putting himself in jeopardy, as a friend and brother on his D-line (his words in the post-game show interview), not only for fines or possible reductions in future paychecks (or personal injury), but also for putting the team in jeopardy for not having him in there... as a fellow starter. And from the looks of the altercation, I would assume that Frank got his point across to the rook...

Well said. This is why it is a non issue.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2mn3lulx said:
Big Frank stepping into a leadership role. I like it.

This is my take as well.

On the surface it appeared much worse than it was, it looked like we were out of control and about to implode.
The reality is, that was a rookie that messed up at a bad time, a more senior player steeped up to be a leader.
Aside from the way it appeared, I'm 100% ok with it all.

Edit: like it matters what I think. Right?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Would like to see video of the punch. Pete says it was justified so I'm sure it was, but would still like to see it for myself.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Some people tried to make it seem like a bigger deal than it actually it was.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":ityt9zkj said:

Well, to be fair, players physically fighting each other on the sideline is rare to catch on camera, and definitely a cause for concern when it first happens.

There were other ways Clark could've approached Reed in that situation if he really wanted to send a message, but hey what do I know. Sounds like they put it behind them

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3n6nf51y said:
WestcoastSteve":3n6nf51y said:

Well, to be fair, players physically fighting each other on the sideline is rare to catch on camera, and definitely a cause for concern when it first happens.

There were other ways Clark could've approached Reed in that situation if he really wanted to send a message, but hey what do I know. Sounds like they put it behind them

Yeah Clark's timing could have been better but that's what happens when there is a lot of passion involved.