Our Playoffs Outlook

hawks85

Reaction score
Well its my first time here during the playoffs and I am going to the game. I have been reading all the topics etc.. on here about the state of our team. I am going to be honest I think we beat the lions and the falcons are going to murder us. I am not being a negative nelly I'm just looking at the big picture, and yes I understand any given sunday and the playoffs is a new season etc... I'll be rooting just like everybody else. The falcons are no joke right now and they are firing on all cylinders they are real scary and could end up blowing us out by 20 plus if we make it there. I predicted a Falcons Pats SuperBowl. Its either going to be us or Atlanta knocking Dallas out. I am not impressed with the cowboys. When was the last time a rookie QB made it to the dance, Never and it wont happen this year. The closest was Flacco of the ravens. The Cowboys will get exposed in the playoffs, but never say never I just don't see it happening. If we can pull it together for this run I don't see anyone beating us but we have been a roller coaster of a team all year long.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawks85":1x4k778t said:
Well its my first time here during the playoffs and I am going to the game. I have been reading all the topics etc.. on here about the state of our team. I am going to be honest I think we beat the lions and the falcons are going to murder us. I am not being a negative nelly I'm just looking at the big picture, and yes I understand any given sunday and the playoffs is a new season etc... I'll be rooting just like everybody else. The falcons are no joke right now and they are firing on all cylinders they are real scary and could end up blowing us out by 20 plus if we make it there. I predicted a Falcons Pats SuperBowl. Its either going to be us or Atlanta knocking Dallas out. I am not impressed with the cowboys. When was the last time a rookie QB made it to the dance, Never and it wont happen this year. The closest was Flacco of the ravens. The Cowboys will get exposed in the playoffs, but never say never I just don't see it happening. If we can pull it together for this run I don't see anyone beating us but we have been a roller coaster of a team all year long.

What a great attitude going into the post season. Very glad the players haven't mailed it in as you have.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Roethlesberger I believe made and won super bowl as rookie. Won't go into that for obvious reasons

HawkerD

Reaction score
seahawksny":1yvyahuh said:
Roethlesberger I believe made and won super bowl as rookie. Won't go into that for obvious reasons
XL was his second season. No rookie has won a SB. It will happen eventually if the lasts long enough.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2avoch4y said:
hawks85":2avoch4y said:

What a great attitude going into the post season. Very glad the players haven't mailed it in as you have.

Good thing our attitude doesn't mean jack crap in the regular season or playoffs.

Fact is that this is a very flawed team that is actually playing worse in areas and not better. Add to that the injuries and the division we're seeing on the sidelines and OP's attitude is mirrored by a lot of us.

I'm not going to be surprised or pissed if the Lions win. I don't expect us to even make the NFCCG much less the SB, so it honestly doesn't matter where we get bounced. And maybe getting bounced in the 1st round pisses off the veterans and wakes up the younger guys who think we're just always going to win.

evergreen

Reaction score
That snap over Ryan's head kinda sums it all up... Plus Wilson isn't the same. Boykin looked more like Wilson of old. Never in the last four years would he have not made that third down run. He's slow and chunky. Boykin just hesitated and blew by the defender like you know who used to. Probably the injury. We're snake bit this year. Still...... Who beat New England with Tom Brady?

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1n1urm5i said:
hawks85":1n1urm5i said:

What a great attitude going into the post season. Very glad the players haven't mailed it in as you have.[/quote
All I'm saying is that if we somehow stay consistent starting Saturday going forward then yes I don't see anyone beating us. We are dangerous if we can do that, that's all I'm saying. If we put on a performance like we did in the cards game were done and that's the reality of it.

hawker84

Reaction score
Hawks46":2hcnqirb said:
HawKnPeppa":2hcnqirb said:
hawks85":2hcnqirb said:

Good thing our attitude doesn't mean jack crap in the regular season or playoffs.

Fact is that this is a very flawed team that is actually playing worse in areas and not better. Add to that the injuries and the division we're seeing on the sidelines and OP's attitude is mirrored by a lot of us.

I'm not going to be surprised or pissed if the Lions win. I don't expect us to even make the NFCCG much less the SB, so it honestly doesn't matter where we get bounced. And maybe getting bounced in the 1st round pisses off the veterans and wakes up the younger guys who think we're just always going to win.

Might even open up some eyes in the front office as well. I agree with your take on the upcoming playoff run. I see it very short as well. JMO, Richard, Bevell and Cable can all go kick rocks next season far as I'm concerned. And if Pete doesn't like it, bon voyage, thanks for the memories. On the bright side, we'll still have that shiny new division banner to look forward to seeing raised next season. Blasphemy I know.....

hawker84

Reaction score
hawks85":1bklw06c said:

To me, the Falcons are the same team we faced Wilson's rookie season. All offense, defense is average at best. If we had any kind of offense, and above average defense, we win. But since our offense is non existent every other game and usually only half of it, and our defense has now become the bend and snap in half version of itself, we stand very little chance of keeping up with them.

I personally think GB is the scariest team out there, Dallas is no joke either, but I think if they face a good D they can be beat. Giants are good, but they don't scare me for whatever reason, nor does Detroit? But from what I've witnessed this season, wouldn't surprise me a bit losing to any team we face....

Jd dirtybird21

Reaction score
seahawksny":3mjxc1rv said:

Actually that was in year 2 for him. His rookie year they went 15-1 but did not make the super bowl

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
evergreen":h4srjs0d said:
That snap over Ryan's head kinda sums it all up... Plus Wilson isn't the same. Boykin looked more like Wilson of old. Never in the last four years would he have not made that third down run. He's slow and chunky. Boykin just hesitated and blew by the defender like you know who used to. Probably the injury. We're snake bit this year. Still...... Who beat New England with Tom Brady?

Wilson likely has been, and continues to play with torn ligaments in his knee. Wilson has been hurt, earl, sherm, kam, bennett, every running back, locket, all injured at some point. I mean the list goes on. Jimmy has been playing all year on a knee that few come back from. Plus, with less than decent o line play, they are a ten win team, division champs and heading to the playoffs. And it isn't enough. When did this fan base become so entitled?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":z2hlfl42 said:
hawks85":z2hlfl42 said:

Are you sure about that?

Cause I see cracks in the defense's confidence in each other, and we've seen it all year. The outbursts and in-fighting tells me that they also are frustrated with their play, and can feel this slipping away.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":16yh7smv said:
HawKnPeppa":16yh7smv said:
hawks85":16yh7smv said:

Are you sure about that?

Cause I see cracks in the defense's confidence in each other, and we've seen it all year. The outbursts and in-fighting tells me that they also are frustrated with their play, and can feel this slipping away.

#2 in scoring defense, with all those injuries.

maybe they are frustrated. but they are still performing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1d35u1u1 said:

Only injury is Earl, and yes that's a big one..............but it shouldn't be so big it's creating this much havok on the back end almost four weeks later.

What I'm seeing is a unit that if they don't get pressure on the QB almost every down they're getting carved apart, by Colin Kaepernick.

Maybe they'll figure it out. But as of now I'm scared as hell of what the QB's in the playoffs will do to our defense.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2padl6dh said:
Uncle Si":2padl6dh said:

Only injury is Earl, and yes that's a big one..............but it shouldn't be so big it's creating this much havok on the back end almost four weeks later.

What I'm seeing is a unit that if they don't get pressure on the QB almost every down they're getting carved apart, by Colin Kaepernick.

Maybe they'll figure it out. But as of now I'm scared as hell of what the QB's in the playoffs will do to our defense.

Earl was the only defensive player to miss time this year?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1qnq1fh1 said:
Sgt. Largent":1qnq1fh1 said:
Uncle Si":1qnq1fh1 said:

No, but we've had a heck of a lot less injuries on the defensive side than most. Hell, GB's down to grabbing DB's out of the Home Depot parking lot...........yet their offense is rolling something fierce to make up for it.

Why are we still playing so inconsistently? Where's the leadership circling the wagons getting this team's head right to make a run at another SB? I still see the same mistakes I saw during week 4 when Kam was out.

We have the talent to win another SB, even with our injuries. So what's going on? Why still having the same problems on both sides of the ball? That tells me it's a leadership, want to, preparation and chemistry issue, not talent.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Sgt. Largent":24ov8s3u said:
Uncle Si":24ov8s3u said:
Sgt. Largent":24ov8s3u said:
Uncle Si":24ov8s3u said:

No, but we've had a heck of a lot less injuries on the defensive side than most. Hell, GB's down to grabbing DB's out of the Home Depot parking lot...........yet their offense is rolling something fierce to make up for it.

Why are we still playing so inconsistently? Where's the leadership circling the wagons getting this team's head right to make a run at another SB? I still see the same mistakes I saw during week 4 when Kam was out.

We have the talent to win another SB, even with our injuries. So what's going on? Why still having the same problems on both sides of the ball? That tells me it's a leadership, want to, preparation and chemistry issue, not talent.

Yep. Starting with Cable's "Despicable Me Minions" offensive line, and Bevell's "Tin Foil Hat" play calling.

Jville

Reaction score
Here is a cool playoff ranking tweet that just showed up ......... C1RCeWpVEAAR1Ml

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/816350524274417664[/tweet]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":ozwpp30c said:
evergreen":ozwpp30c said:

Wilson likely has been, and continues to play with torn ligaments in his knee. Wilson has been hurt, earl, sherm, kam, bennett, every running back, locket, all injured at some point. I mean the list goes on. Jimmy has been playing all year on a knee that few come back from. Plus, with less than decent o line play, they are a ten win team, division champs and heading to the playoffs. And it isn't enough. When did this fan base become so entitled?
Wilson says he is ok,I think he is just fat this year and wasn't going to run like years past..

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
New season, nothing matters but how they play on Saturday. Best part about the playoffs.
So many people out there claiming they are a one and done team. Nope