Wagner possible D.P.Y.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I don't see why not. Bobby's been a tackling machine this year. He might as well make another over-the-top field goal or PAT block in the playoffs as it sounds like they're going to eliminate that maneuver next year by making a rule against it.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":o6kv85gl said:
I don't see why not. Bobby's been a tackling machine this year. He might as well make another over-the-top field goal or PAT block in the playoffs as it sounds like they're going to eliminate that maneuver next year by making a rule against it.

Makes sense. The NFL has already banned so many other things that make the game entertaining, why not make a rule against the possibility for an exciting and spectacularly athletic play.

Erebus

Reaction score
He absolutely deserves it. He has similar stats to Luke Kuechly when he won the award in 2013. The only other contenders I've heard receive any hype are Von Miller and Landon Collins. Miller had 13.5 sacks with an uninspiring total of tackles (78) and turnovers (3 FF, no INTs). His sack total didn't lead the league and is nothing special for a DPOY candidate. Collins is probably going to win the award because of his stats (4 sacks, 5 picks (including a TD), and 125 tackles (second among safeties)) and playing in New York.

RussB

Reaction score
He was on fire this season. Was consistent every single game i dont even recall him having a bad game.

misfit

Reaction score
Erebus":s1hd9z7v said:
He absolutely deserves it. He has similar stats to Luke Kuechly when he won the award in 2013. The only other contenders I've heard receive any hype are Von Miller and Landon Collins. Miller had 13.5 sacks with an uninspiring total of tackles (78) and turnovers (3 FF, no INTs). His sack total didn't lead the league and is nothing special for a DPOY candidate. Collins is probably going to win the award because of his stats (4 sacks, 5 picks (including a TD), and 125 tackles (second among safeties)) and playing in New York.

vic beasley could get it too

pmedic920

Reaction score
The Homer in me says yes. I'd love to see it happen.

I think he will get some votes, and he deserves to be in the conversation but the realist in me says that it probably won't happen.

I have a feeling that Mack from the Raiders will get it but I have no real stats in mind to back it up.

This BR (puke) article has a couple of Hawks listed as possibles (Sherm & ETIII) but not a mention of Wags, go figure it's BR.
They have JJ Watt as a possible and he hasn't even played most of the year.
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/26 ... ar/page/12

Love to see it be Bobby just don't think it will happen.

Erebus

Reaction score
misfit":9oshkpm1 said:
Erebus":9oshkpm1 said:

vic beasley could get it too

He could, but he shouldn't. All he has is sacks (15.5), and not a special amount. That's the lowest total for a league leader since 1996. He was virtually useless against the run. Wagner's tackle total was special.

Erebus

Reaction score
pmedic920":5j4rlwcd said:

I think he will get some votes, and he deserves to be in the conversation but the realist in me says that it probably won't happen.

I have a feeling that Mack from the Raiders will get it but I have no real stats in mind to back it up.

This BR (puke) article has a couple of Hawks listed as possibles (Sherm & ETIII) but not a mention of Wags, go figure it's BR.

That was from June 27th.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
pmedic920":9pxnh9je said:

That article was before the season even started.