Offensive production 1st quarter last two games

King Dog

Reaction score
The offense produced 1 yard against the Cardinals in the 1st quarter and 10 yards against the 49ers in the 1st quarter.

These starts are awful.

What's the deal with this? So frustrating.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Seems pretty obvious - bevel is setting the other team up for what happens in the final 2 minutes f the game. What an offensive genius!

(At least, *I* find his presence on our staff offensive...)

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
King Dog":27p6oz8b said:
The offense produced 1 yard against the Cardinals in the 1st quarter and 10 yards against the 49ers in the 1st quarter.

These starts are awful.

Break down the drives for us. How many? Why did the drive stall (big penalty)? Did our defense score?
If I remember correctly, the Niners strung together two big drives in the first (a defensive problem) that both resulted in scores.
See, this is the kind of ridiculousness that chafes me for the Bevell detractors. There are usually plausible explanations, but I guess it's easy and LAZY to just point to one scapegoat.

And how did the rest of the game go? We've trended to being a second-half team, so I'm expecting our third and fourth quarter totals are fairly impressive. Against the Niners yesterday, I never really felt like we were out of control until we made it interesting at the end by inserting Boykin. But even though it cost me a few shekels betting on the spread, we had enough on the scoreboard at the end of the day.

sutz

Reaction score
So we're getting better? :twisted:

:laugh:

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Yes, SF held the ball most of the first quarter.

Conversely, the Seahawks D held the 49ers O to only 99 yards through the last three quarters!!! Wow...

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":14s4nb63 said:
King Dog":14s4nb63 said:

These starts are awful.

Break down the drives for us. How many? Why did the drive stall (big penalty)? Did our defense score?
If I remember correctly, the Niners strung together two big drives in the first (a defensive problem) that both resulted in scores.
See, this is the kind of ridiculousness that chafes me for the Bevell detractors. There are usually plausible explanations, but I guess it's easy and LAZY to just point to one scapegoat.

And how did the rest of the game go? We've trended to being a second-half team, so I'm expecting our third and fourth quarter totals are fairly impressive. Against the Niners yesterday, I never really felt like we were out of control until we made it interesting at the end by inserting Boykin. But even though it cost me a few shekels betting on the spread, we had enough on the scoreboard at the end of the day.

Easy and lazy. Nailed it.