9 straight playoff wins at home

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Seahawks have won 9 straight home playoff games (most recent to oldest -- GB*, CAR, SF*, NO, NO, WAS, DAL, CAR*, WAS).

* - Conference Championship games

Last home playoff loss was to the St. Louis Rams (2004 season).

FYI, the Lions have one playoff win since 1957. They beat the Cowboys (1991 season).

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Lions KILLED that Dallas team. They kind of stoked the fire for the 92 cowboys to go 13-3 and dominate that season.

sdog1981

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ksnye6h said:
sdog1981":3ksnye6h said:
The Lions KILLED that Dallas team. They kind of stoked the fire for the 92 cowboys to go 13-3 and dominate that season.

They sure did. Erik Kramer had a big game, I seem to recall.

Had to look it up but yeah 341 yards passing 3 TDs. This game was also a classic Berry Sanders game, he was held to 69 yards rushing but he had one carry for a 47 yard TD.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I dont like these kind of stats anymore. Seems like this year they have all fallen by the wayside. Our defense tittle, not losing by more than 10 points, our home game season, ect. This is why we need a different way to think about this team. They are not the Hawks of old. They need to find a new identity.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2t9e0zee said:
I dont like these kind of stats anymore. Seems like this year they have all fallen by the wayside. Our defense tittle, not losing by more than 10 points, our home game season, ect. This is why we need a different way to think about this team. They are not the Hawks of old. They need to find a new identity.

I bet you are fun at parties... :irishdrinkers:

I look at it this way: Until someone beats us in our house in the playoffs, it's something to be proud of.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
We won't lose to Detroit but more than likely we will to Atlanta.

Ryan Schraeder the 9th ranked tackle from my own Valdosta State blocking for Matty Ice.

I hope to be wrong.

Erebus

Reaction score
In addition to 9 straight home playoff wins, we're also riding a streak of 8 consecutive playoff appearances with at least one win (since 2005). That's the longest active streak and ties the all time record with the Raiders from 1973 to 1983 and the Steelers from 1993 to 2005. So if we beat the Lions, we'll set a new NFL record for not going one-and-done. Bengals fans would be jealous.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong too, but Pete has yet to be one and done in the playoffs, right? At least at Seattle.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Erebus":1oswont3 said:
In addition to 9 straight home playoff wins, we're also riding a streak of 8 consecutive playoff appearances with at least one win (since 2005). That's the longest active streak and ties the all time record with the Raiders from 1973 to 1983 and the Steelers from 1993 to 2005. So if we beat the Lions, we'll set a new NFL record for not going one-and-done. Bengals fans would be jealous.

Badass.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
HawkGA":185ia5xt said:
Correct me if I'm wrong too, but Pete has yet to be one and done in the playoffs, right? At least at Seattle.

Correct.

2010-beat NO, lost to CHI

2011-did not make playoffs

2012-beat WASH, lost to ATL

2013-beat NO, SF, DEN (SB)

2014-beat CAR, beat GB, lost to NE (SB)

2015-beat MINN, lost to CAR

rjdriver

Reaction score
That darned pass from Hass to Engram that was dropped (not a great throw). It should be 10! (Ya, I have a hard time letting go).

I think the home loss before that was against the Dolphins. That game makes me want to puke.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
rjdriver":1854lyxl said:
That darned pass from Hass to Engram that was dropped (not a great throw). It should be 10! (Ya, I have a hard time letting go).

I think the home loss before that was against the Dolphins. That game makes me want to puke.

Yes. Every time I see that replay I cringe.

We had it.

And you are correct, the loss to Miami... last game in the Kingdome, right?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Year of The Hawk":1ck1lxst said:

Remember Shaun Alexander's streak of games with at least one 10-yard carry? Good times, those. We had a couple of down years after, but seems like we've done pretty well since.

These are great things to hang onto. These are things the SOS crews of old were insanely jealous of other teams about. These were the hopes and dreams of "someday, maybe someday" of the old SOS crews.

Enjoy it, folks. We're living it right now. And the ride's not over yet.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2bvitzgt said:
Seahawks have won 9 straight home playoff games (most recent to oldest -- GB*, CAR, SF*, NO, NO, WAS, DAL, CAR*, WAS).

FYI, the Lions have one playoff win since 1957. They beat the Cowboys (1991 season).

And there it is. the jinx that never fails.

I wish this weren't true but every time someone points out the history of a running streak it is always broken the very next game.

God I wish I was wrong on this but it just never fails.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1rcffipd said:

Another hopeful trend: The Lions this year have lost all 5 of their games against teams who are going to the playoffs.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
RichNhansom":wibhc5mu said:
FlyingGreg":wibhc5mu said:

And there it is. the jinx that never fails.

I wish this weren't true but every time someone points out the history of a running streak it is always broken the very next game.

God I wish I was wrong on this but it just never fails.

I think the concept of jinxes is just silly. No such thing.

Jville

Reaction score
What a ride.

These are the best of times!