Is the OL tipping plays?

Polk738

Reaction score
I just read this on HawkBlogger this morning, short but VERY interesting article on the OL and the alignments an how they could be tipping the protection calls at the line-this really could explain ALOT of the issues we've been having with the line.

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2017/01/seah ... plays.html

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Gotta give credit where credit is due. This is VERY interesting. Good find, thanks for sharing.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Makes me want to cry. Not mentioned in the article, but a corollary of what the author found, Ifedi has the hand in the dirt or not problem on the run versus pass plays too.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
How does this coaching staff not see this?

It's bad enough teams know most of our playbook since we are patently predictable and vanilla.

Now this.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Yes, they definitely are.

Opposing defenses look at the personal and see our Running game and decide, it isn't worth worrying about and concentrate on the pass.

Jville

Reaction score
For me, the subject of tipping plays is one of the more telling and intriguing football topics. And yet, it is among the most ignored on this forum. Hats off to Nathan Ernst for taking the time and making the effort to explore and present this subject.

And, much thanks to Polk738 for posting that presentation to this forum. :2thumbs:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Pathetic coaching by Cable.

Guy has no clue. Largent80 and Roland could do a better job coaching the o line than this fool

Largent80

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1nmq76sz said:
Pathetic coaching by Cable.

Guy has no clue. Largent80 and Roland could do a better job coaching the o line than this fool

You gotta know it brother.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Someone on Twitter said the formation already tells what this would supposedly tell. I'm not an offensive line expert though and Sapp's remarks scare me a little. Anyone with expertise in this area want to chime in?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Un friggin believable. There is no doubt that opposing teams are seeing this. Ive been racking my brains out trying to figure out how teams are able to defend our run as well as our quick passing game. We should be able to do at least one no matter how crappy our Oline is, we have before.

The absolute capper is the quote from Sapp, from 2010!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Seriously though, if this is the case, it just reeks of mass negligence by our coaching staff, umm Cable to be specific.

How can your OL guru, not see this?

This after looking, is painfully obvious and that some blogger catches it, should be a total embarrassment to our coaches.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
So...this has been a known issue for Cable since 2010 and it's still not fixed?

sdog1981

Reaction score
I say it all day.

from 1998-2010 Cable was fired in 3 years or less with every job he had. That is 6 different bosses that have come to the same conclusion. One of those bosses was Al Davis. Football people know Cable sucks.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Bobblehead":17jy5dnq said:
Seriously though, if this is the case, it just reeks of mass negligence by our coaching staff, umm Cable to be specific.

How can your OL guru, not see this?

This after looking, is painfully obvious and that some blogger catches it, should be a total embarrassment to our coaches.

Yep. 100! Anybody here have knowledge of what the press credentials look like? I want to talk to Tom about this personally.
And I bet if/when this info gets mainstream traction, the embarrassment will probably just make Cable dig his heels in deeper, on some :

"There's nothing wrong. Everything is going as planned. They just need a little more time to gel...blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah. We have it ALL figured out, blah blah. They're making immense progress by the second, blah blah blah blah blahhhh!"

:pukeface:

I wanna smack the guy.