The Pete Carroll Show ....... Pete enjoyed the victory.

Jville

Reaction score
From the source >>> [urltargetblank]http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/podcast_player/?a=10014127&sid=1027&n=The%20Pete%20Carroll%20Show[/urltargetblank]

* Protection was excellent

* Loved how kids finished the game

*Loved the in game adjustments

*Fun to get the win

bandiger

Reaction score
Were you expecting Pete to say anything negative? It was a win, thats all that matters to him.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
The podcast provides a great deal more content than the above dismissal. It all matters.

Listening is so important ..... as is the source.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
If anything, I detected uncertainty in Pete's tone, similar to how the broadcasters' ended the play by play by saying it was a good win, but the Hawks still had a lot of uncertainty/questions going into the playoffs.

Not a team hitting its stride, but still a potentially dangerous one.

Just wish we didn't have to consider the "Bevell factor" that appears to have been such a source of disruption during this season.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1p0hanpe said:
.. I detected uncertainty in Pete's tone ..

.. the "Bevell factor" .. appears to have been such a source of disruption during this season.
.. To each their own ..

PC from today:

[youtube]Gl_KKZ9cXh8[/youtube]

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3syktq88 said:
If anything, I detected uncertainty in Pete's tone, similar to how the broadcasters' ended the play by play by saying it was a good win, but the Hawks still had a lot of uncertainty/questions going into the playoffs.

Just wish we didn't have to consider the "Bevell factor" that appears to have been such a source of disruption during this season.
Only in your mind. Not in Pete's or the team's. And by the way, this is a classic case of poisoning a thread with toxic B.S. Go hunt windmills somewhere else.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Funny, at the link

Seahawks' Michael Bennett: Zach Zenner the best white RB in the NFL

Zach Zenner's production - and his skin color - have caught the attention of Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett.

One of the most fun-loving personalities in the NFL, Bennett said in a conference call with Detroit reporters today that Zenner is the best white running back in the NFL.

“I think the running back, man, he’s - there’s not many white running backs in the NFL but he has to be the best right now," Bennett said. "He’s doing such a great job of cutbacks and hitting the hole. He’s a really good back. I know all the stuff he did in college, three straight seasons of 2,000 yards. I don’t care where you’re at, if you can do that you have got amazing talent. And I think he’s just an amazing running back, the things he can do with the ball. He got good balance, he can spin, he can catch it out of the backfield. I think he fits the offense perfectly."

Palmegranite

Reaction score
PC from today:

Damn, how can you not be inspired by this guy, recounting the team's success, never getting complacent, counting blessings, and on and on..You could take that 27 minute presser and literally turn it into an 8 week "Learning Annex" course entitled "Striving for Success in the Workplace". I would never leave a job with a boss like this.

kf3339

Reaction score
What else is PC going to say? We stunk up the place and barely beat one of the worse teams in the NFL?

That's positive. :sarcasm_off:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1t32i19h said:

Bevell CAN'T MAKE Cable's Offensive Line do their jobs right,,,,Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Once RW was injured, and the ineffective Run Blocking O-Line started coming unglued, letting Defenders get to their Quarterback seemingly at will, the Run game (which is suppose to help take the pressure OFF of RW, Bevell's Playbook likely got whittled down to a trickle.
Having said all that ^^^, and an Injured Russell Wilson to plan around, I'm still amazed that he was able to splice together a half decent season.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2yvnvva1 said:
Well, unlike many of the fans, Pete doesn't care if they win by 70. A win is a win.
I don't care either. People seem to forget, or don't realize, that the difference between the pats and browns is a lot less than people think. A few players, a coach. These are pro players, with a great amount of pride, who are payed to try and stop what you do. So with the circumstances the niners were under, Collin getting one more crack at the Hawks, it didn't surprise me at all they were competitive. The d didn't play well on a few plays, they made em pay. Terrell seems to be improving though, which is a good sign. He will never be earl, but earl was in a situation to be able to play right away, which shouldn't be overlooked. There is no experience like game experience.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. Was surprised to see so many guys come out with around 10 minutes left, but you're right, game experience for some backups is a good thing. Since they won of course :)
The one "drive" by the Niners to get it w/in 2 was around 35 yards. 253 total yards by the Niners. That's pretty solid D

HansGruber

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":23oobv3n said:
semiahmoo":23oobv3n said:

Only in your mind. Not in Pete's or the team's. And by the way, this is a classic case of poisoning a thread with toxic B.S. Go hunt windmills somewhere else.

Actually, YOUR thread is a perfect example of poisoning a thread. Someone gave their opinion. You disagreed. Rather than posting why you might disagree, and agreeing to disagree, you decided to call them out as "toxic" - which is a form of name-calling and attempted censorship of opinions you do not like.

Perhaps it would do you well to learn how to communicate. Toxic communication is when someone attempts to end all conversation because they can not handle differing opinions. That was what you did. Go away.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":2w5blasj said:
Siouxhawk":2w5blasj said:
semiahmoo":2w5blasj said:

Actually, YOUR thread is a perfect example of poisoning a thread. Someone gave their opinion. You disagreed. Rather than posting why you might disagree, and agreeing to disagree, you decided to call them out as "toxic" - which is a form of name-calling and attempted censorship of opinions you do not like.

Perhaps it would do you well to learn how to communicate. Toxic communication is when someone attempts to end all conversation because they can not handle differing opinions. That was what you did. Go away.
It's about staying on point. That's why many of these threads have been sabotaged, they go off topic when there are other threads that deal with the exact subject matter. Post in those threads if you want to talk about a certain topic, but don't poison others.

And I disagree with your assessment of the mods. I think they are doing a good job of keeping a free-flowing discourse of communication. And it is why many of the longtime contributors have left this forum.

HansGruber

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1qzp99io said:
semiahmoo":1qzp99io said:

Bevell CAN'T MAKE Cable's Offensive Line do their jobs right,,,,Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Once RW was injured, and the ineffective Run Blocking O-Line started coming unglued, letting Defenders get to their Quarterback seemingly at will, the Run game (which is suppose to help take the pressure OFF of RW, Bevell's Playbook likely got whittled down to a trickle.
Having said all that ^^^, and an Injured Russell Wilson to plan around, I'm still amazed that he was able to splice together a half decent season.

Yet, somehow, Josh McDaniels has been able to do that perfectly well in NE. The Patriots have been playing a dink-and-dunk offense for years, running spread formations with tons of big TEs and just throwing for 5-6 yards every play and absolutely dominating the NFL by doing so. And guess what? Their OL is no Dallas OL. And the only success we've seen in Seattle is when we did that for drives (which we then promptly switched back to Bevell's moronic deep-pass heavy offensive scheming while our OL can't even keep Wilson upright for more than 1 sec, promptly failing and sucking again).

But yeah. Horrible offense, year-in and year-out, isn't the fault of the guy who is paid to create the offensive game plan. Sure, our offense has been unable to put up any kind of consistency, has been totally unable to sustain long drives all season long, and has looked like complete dog-poop against even the worst defenses in the league but....... yeah, that's not the fault of the guy who was hired to do the planning. It's everyone else's fault.

I've grown sick of it. At some point, you have to hold the designer responsible for what is clearly a systemic issue. One or two bad games is one thing. Consistently being unable to move the ball reliably against every team you face for an entire season is unacceptable and can only be blamed on poor planning and coaching. Period.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
And yet our offense continues to thrive and we keep winning games with Bevell at the helm. Funny how that works.
Pete handpicked Bevell to be the precise fit for what he wants out of his offense and he hasn't disappointed one iota. We're about to reach the division round of the playoffs for the fifth year in a row. No other team in the NFC can say that. Anyone who doesn't see the beauty of the Seahawks system just doesn't know the game of football.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2w8ebemq said:
And yet our offense continues to thrive and we keep winning games with Bevell at the helm. Funny how that works.
Pete handpicked Bevell to be the precise fit for what he wants out of his offense and he hasn't disappointed one iota. We're about to reach the division round of the playoffs for the fifth year in a row. No other team in the NFC can say that. Anyone who doesn't see the beauty of the Seahawks system just doesn't know the game of football.

You and I clearly do not define "thrive" the same way.

In my world, "thrive" does not mean "mediocre at best".

hawker84

Reaction score
HansGruber":j91yrwyj said:
Siouxhawk":j91yrwyj said:

You and I clearly do not define "thrive" the same way.

In my world, "thrive" does not mean "mediocre at best".

I second this. Some folks are perfectly fine with mediocracy, which is cool, whatever floats your boat.