Cable on the 49ers radar

sdog1981

Reaction score
I think Cable would be a good head coach. He is a motivator not much in the way of coaching skill or identifying talent. But with the right people around him he could be very successful.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
He was Head Coach at the Raiders for a time. Got booted down and has been under Pete as an assistant. Could be he has learned the ways of the force and now is ready for his own battles to begin yet again. Sometimes it takes a step down to make someone understand what they can do.

Crizilla

Reaction score
sdog1981":39axsea8 said:
I think Cable would be a good head coach. He is a motivator not much in the way of coaching skill or identifying talent. But with the right people around him he could be very successful.

He wouldn't. He already had a chance, anyway. I don't see his leadership, philosophy, and scouting ability to turn it around his second time trying like Pete did. Head coach is a different ball game.

You said that he is a "motivator not much in the way of coaching skill or identifying talent", but that's part of the job as a head coach....

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The 49ers are a team dumb enough to hire Cable....hopefully they take him off Seahawks hands. This will be an attrition for the Seahawks that will be a good thing. Finally get someone who has a clue in developing a good OL.

summesm

Reaction score
they can have him. save pete from having to fire him (he needs to go away now) But head coaching material well he had a shot at it twice. University of Idaho record was 11-35, raiders record was 17-27.

Seafan

Reaction score
The available coaching pool is slim pickings. Glad the Hawks aren't in the situation the niners are in. Finding a credible GM and HC isn't going to be easy.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Raiders improved every year under Cable. In fact up until this season Tom Cable was the last coach to get the Raiders to a .500 record. since 2002.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
sdog1981":3fdjt1yx said:
The Raiders improved every year under Cable. In fact up until this season Tom Cable was the last coach to get the Raiders to a .500 record. since 2002.

But when he was HC of the Raiders he also broke his assistant coach's jaw, which isn't even that bad for Tom Cable, as he's also a serial domestic abuser according to two former wives and an ex girlfriend.

Cable is lucky to have job at all, IMO, and even considering him for a HC gig is a stain on any organization.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2wb2eifn said:
sdog1981":2wb2eifn said:

But when he was HC of the Raiders he also broke his assistant coach's jaw, which isn't even that bad for Tom Cable, as he's also a serial domestic abuser according to two former wives and an ex girlfriend.

Cable is lucky to have job at all, IMO, and even considering him for a HC gig is a stain on any organization.

You know you want him.

Think it would tip our hand if we let Cable go to the Niners, and threw in a mid round draft pick to sweeten the deal for them?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3tktgkuf said:
sdog1981":3tktgkuf said:

Sadly, this isn't the first time I heard this about him. I had forgotten most of it.

Largent80

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2aaut6tx said:
sdog1981":2aaut6tx said:

Yeah, his "stain" took us to two superbowls while your team regressed into the pile of Hank it is right now. That being said, I can't stand his ZBS and I hope you get him.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3cdtpviw said:
Popeyejones":3cdtpviw said:
sdog1981":3cdtpviw said:

Sadly, this isn't the first time I heard this about him. I had forgotten most of it.

Yeah. The NFL never disciplined him for any of it so it never really gets talked about anymore.

That said, I don't think there's a single football fan in the Bay Area who doesn't know about it, as it's literally why the Raiders fired him. (If you're enough of a scumbag to have Al Davis turn his back on you :lol: )

It's what makes Jed leaking his name so infuriating. If they bring him on as a HC I'll pay out of my damn own pocket to fly a "domestic violence is never okay" protest banner over every home game.

The dysfunction of the 49ers is really mind boggling.

soohawk

Reaction score
He is a worthless piece of shit....a shit stain on society

he should be shot for hitting a woman and dead for doing it multiple times

Largent80

Reaction score
soohawk":xmumghhs said:
He is a worthless piece of shit....a shit stain on society

he should be shot for hitting a woman and dead for doing it multiple times

That's a bit much, don't ya think?

chris98251

Reaction score
He had stated he hit his ex wife once when he caught her cheating, the Oakland thing, I probably would have punched the puke as well, nobody wants Littlefinger on their staff running to Tywin Lannister after every conversation.

Seahawks4eva

Reaction score
I remember thinking Oakland made a terrible decision letting him go. They were actually starting to look decent.