FG tape: Alex Collins steadily improving as a runner

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Glad to see the patience the team had with him seems to be paying off. Hopefully we start to see even more of the guy we saw in college. He's been our best RB the last 2 weeks.

Jac

Reaction score
I think it's pretty amazing that he transformed his body in-season to be more effective. I can't really think of a comparable situation since that kind of stuff is typically reserved for the offseason. I'm not an AC (or RB) expert, but his steps look much less short/choppy. I love his durability. That alone helps makes him an important part of the stable going forward.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":s48ur0k9 said:
His hairstyle alone makes him better than most running backs in the league. That's how I judge the position :lol:
I just want him to run hard and hold onto the rock. If the hair helps then so be it BUT defenders can legally tackle by pulling his hair.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jac":32gm11p4 said:
I think it's pretty amazing that he transformed his body in-season to be more effective. I can't really think of a comparable situation since that kind of stuff is typically reserved for the offseason. I'm not an AC (or RB) expert, but his steps look much less short/choppy. I love his durability. That alone helps makes him an important part of the stable going forward.

I've already said that nobody should be comparing anyone in our RB group with Marshawn Lynch, but, I was impressed with a couple of his runs and how he kept his legs churning for extra yards like Lynch did on nearly every play.
Having "Durability" is paramount to finding success as a RB; If you can't stay healthy, you'll be hard pressed to build on or develop any consistencies....You have to be in it to win it....Injuries have side-tracked Rawls, Prosise, & Pope.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
scutterhawk":19rli3ri said:
You have to be in it to win it....Injuries have side-tracked Rawls, Prosise, & Pope.
AC has only 31 carries on the season (Marshawn did that almost routinely in just one game) but yes, his college career already suggests strong durability.

Here's hoping!

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1mcprfmx said:
It looks to me he has lost more than 10. Probably closer to 20.

Looks like a totally different player.

This. He looked like he was running in molasses earlier in the year. Nice job AC!

kf3339

Reaction score
There have been a lot of RB's who have not really made a real impact until their 2nd or 3rd year in the league. The fact that he has transformed his body and showed some glimpses of what he may become is very encouraging. Let's hope this is just the start for this young man.

Earlier posts that said he had a little bit of Beastmode in some of his runs the last two games is spot on. That is what I saw as well. :2thumbs:

12thbrah

Reaction score
If Collins keeps this up and Prosise comes back healthy Rawls may be the odd man out. Of course might not matter if our RBs keep getting injured.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He's clearly the best RB on this team right now. Why he's not starting and getting the chance to carry it 15-20 times is mind baffl...

Jk. Forgot who our OC is for a second. My bad.

toffee

Reaction score
If we took frank gore the old man when he was released by the 9ers ....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The 10 pounds he lost has mad a difference. He just looks more focused. I think it's way too early to say he's better than Rawls, but hey, a nice one two punch having those guys in there. I'm actually really impressed and stoked about having Reese. He can really help not only w/blocking, but is a solid receiver.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":28i97zah said:
The 10 pounds he lost has mad a difference. He just looks more focused. I think it's way too early to say he's better than Rawls, but hey, a nice one two punch having those guys in there. I'm actually really impressed and stoked about having Reese. He can really help not only w/blocking, but is a solid receiver.
On that TD run by Rawls in SF, Reese had the biggest block. Luke had one too but the one by Marcell was a beauty.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I was very hard on AC but at that time it was deserved.He lost weight and redeemed himself so I give him credit in doing so.I just wish he would have came to camp in shape,I bet he never does that again.I wonder if Beast had some talk with him about how to run in our offense.I hope he gets lots of action Saturday because he seems to be that guy we have needed.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1gjjv5er said:
I was very hard on AC but at that time it was deserved.He lost weight and redeemed himself so I give him credit in doing so.I just wish he would have came to camp in shape,I bet he never does that again.I wonder if Beast had some talk with him about how to run in our offense.I hope he gets lots of action Saturday because he seems to be that guy we have needed.

I believe I heard Pete on the radio talking about Collins and his weight. I think Collins was told in the offseason to come in at a higher weight. I could be mistaken but I thought that's what Pete said. If that's true one can't fault AC for doing what he was directed to do. It's great that he and the coaches realized that the excess weight wasn't helping so they adjusted. Anyone who steps up in the running game, whether it's AC, Prosise or Rawls, for the Seahawks will be good. If they can get a good balance there, the offense will be much better for it.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":hotcqy7z said:

Russell loves Reece, from what I hear. I even saw Reece calming down teammates and refs both in that last game. I love the addition, hope they extend him. They have now added two former all pro, pro bowl players to the roster in the last quarter of a season. Hope it is a big help.

Love how Ac is coming along also. Funny how people gave up on him before he even had a chance. I agree, want to see him start.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The one thing I noticed lately about AC is he is hitting the holes faster and harder than he was earlier in the year. He is hitting the holes NOW the way Rawls was hitting them last year before he got hurt.