Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Anyone else not fear the Falcons?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Anyone else not fear the Falcons?
Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:02 pm
  • Overlooking the lions game this weekend but i think seahawks at home arent losing in the playoffs to a team on a 3 game losing streak.

Now to the point, pretty much every seahawks fan on here has been talking about the falcons game which seems like it is a foregone conclusion it will happen at this point. Also lots of ppl on here are acting like the seahawks cant beat the falcons at home and are in over their head basically is the tone im getting. Even on NFL network and ESPN everyone pretty much says hawks have no chance.

I may be just being a homer but i honestly dont really fear them facing the falcons, its a favorable matchup to me honestly do to the last game. If you watch the last game, in the first half the pass rush completely demolished the falcons. They were in over their head. Sure earl wasmaking his fair share of plays but the pass rush was what shut the falcons down. Then in the second half 2 td's that were given up were on blown coverages, they were basically free plays do to miscommunication and are gimme touchdowns.

Other than that the falcons got smashed the entire game. I dont see why everyone fears them so much. Matt Ryan's history shows he isnt good in the playoffs and they are very inexperienced and one dimensional in my opinion. Even without earl this D will still probably contain them and can hold them to alot less points. This is a very close game in my personal opinion and it all just depends on whether the offense and wilson show up.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Re: Anyone else not fear the Falcons?
Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:10 pm
  • I am not as confident as you about the Lions game and quite honestly, I do not understand why nobody wants to discuss it(the match-up). The Lions are no pushover right now and I really do not want to talk about Atlanta because that is not who we are playing Saturday.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:10 pm
  • I don't fear them. But at the same time, I don't think anyone fears us.

Other than the Lions, I think every team in the NFC who made the playoffs thinks they have a legit chance of making it to the SB.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:11 pm
  • A big difference this time would be in the already-poor Falcons Pass D now missing their best pass defender, Trufant who has been placed on IR.

No fear!
    LeftHandSmoke
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:15 pm
  • I fear impotence not the Falcons.
    However if the Hawks get by Detroit they will be heavy underdogs as they should be.
    Atlanta is a damn good team with a historically potent offense, playing at home and most importantly seem to be consistent. I don't think anyone could say that about the Hawks.
    Could they beat Atlanta? Absolutely, But they will have to play much better than they have the past month.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:21 pm
  • LeftHandSmoke wrote:A big difference this time would be in the already-poor Falcons Pass D now missing their best pass defender, Trufant who has been placed on IR.

No fear!

Conversely, we had Earl last time...
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:29 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:I am not as confident as you about the Lions game and quite honestly, I do not understand why nobody wants to discuss it(the match-up). The Lions are no pushover right now and I really do not want to talk about Atlanta because that is not who we are playing Saturday.

You can talk about opponents in 2019 - its not going to change the outcome of Saturdays game ;)
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:30 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:I fear the Seahawks not the Falcons.

me too lol, i just dont know who is going to show up when they play anymore.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:36 pm
  • I don't fear any other team. I only fear that Hyde will show up and not Jekyll.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm
  • Fear? No. I don't fear anything in the NFL, it's not "real life". I fear losing my kids or my wife.

But, I get the context.

When it comes to the Falcons, I think the operative word is respect. That offense is LEGIT. Keep in mind, we barely beat them last time in OUR HOUSE with EARL THOMAS.

IMO, they will score 30+ on us right now. The only way to beat them is our offense is going to have to have a flawless game:

-- Eating the clock (which means running the ball) ... we can't let them have the ball more than necessary

-- No stupid drive killing penalties

-- 3rd down success

-- 2015 down-the-stretch Russell, not the current version of him (I still think it's injuries, he just looks a little off)

We would also need flawless special teams (snaps, extra points, field goals, field position), turnovers from the defense (not their forte anymore), and the kind of pressure we put on Ryan in the first half of the last game.

They are far from unbeatable, but don't underestimate how good a team they have become.

For those discounting their defense, I have a name for you: Vic Beasley. That defense has improved a lot, and Quinn knows our predictable offense cold. He will be ready to expose Terrell.

Loud dome, excited team, excited fan base...this is their best shot to win it all. They will be rested and fired up.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:40 pm
  • The Seahawks on the road are a shell of themselves at home. Atlanta is a great team and shouldn't be taken lightly.

I hate looking past the wild card game tho. Even talking about it feels like a jinx. Let's see if the Hawks can beat Detroit first. Any given Saturday...
    TwistedHusky wrote:I am baffled that anyone is baffled.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:49 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    LeftHandSmoke wrote:A big difference this time would be in the already-poor Falcons Pass D now missing their best pass defender, Trufant who has been placed on IR.

No fear!

True, but we were missing Kam, Clark, Fant, Prosise and Rawls - all of whom could be healthy this time. Big list there.

Missing Kam is likely what led to the late TD 'miscommunications' - it is what led to the Sherm blow up on the sidelines.

Plus, while Earl is awesome, Trufant was a relatively bigger standout on the ATL defense.
    LeftHandSmoke
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:53 pm
  • LeftHandSmoke wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:
    LeftHandSmoke wrote:A big difference this time would be in the already-poor Falcons Pass D now missing their best pass defender, Trufant who has been placed on IR.

No fear!

True, but we were missing Kam, Clark, Fant, Prosise and Rawls - all of whom could be healthy this time. Big list there.

Missing Kam is likely what led to the late TD 'miscommunications' - it is what led to the Sherm blow up on the sidelines.

Plus, while Earl is awesome, Trufant was a relatively bigger standout on the ATL defense.

Having Prosise back would be great.

I still think Atlanta will score a lot on us, Kam or not.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:56 pm
  • Fear no one, respect everyone. They'll prepare like they do every week. Then they'll go and play them.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:00 pm
  • Gonna chime in with a few thoughts of my own. Seahwkgal knew this was coming.

RussB wrote: I dont see why everyone fears them so much. Matt Ryan's history shows he isnt good in the playoffs and they are very inexperienced and one dimensional in my opinion. Even without earl this D will still probably contain them and can hold them to alot less points. This is a very close game in my personal opinion and it all just depends on whether the offense and wilson show up.

Matt Ryan's history in the playoffs is decent... and far from Peyton Manningish choke status.

2008 rookie season - lost to Cardinals 30-24 who advanced to Super Bowl - 26 of 40, 199 yds, 2 TD, 2 INT

2010 - lost as #1 seed to GB 48-21 who won Super Bowl - 20 of 29, 186 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT Blame the D... Green Bay was 7 for 7 with no punts.

2011 - lost to NYG 24-2 who won Super Bowl - 24 of 41, 199 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT. The Giants defense also beat Tom Brady.

2012 - lost as #1 seed to SF 28-24 in a game the D was staked to a 17-0 lead - 30 of 42, 396 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT. 115 RTG

So tell me again... why all the hate on Ryan? He most certainly shouldn't carry the blame for these losses.

Hawk-Lock wrote:I don't fear them. But at the same time, I don't think anyone fears us.

That would be correct. I'd rather play Seattle than anyone in the NFC other than Detroit. It makes our road easier and Dallas' road harder. Let Dallas play the NYG/GB winner. Not trying to be a douche, just my opinion.

iigakusei wrote:Could they beat Atlanta? Absolutely, But they will have to play much better than they have the past month.

Yep. Nobody is unbeatable... but based on how Seattle has played the last month, I like our chances. Atlanta is a 1 pt pick 2 loss vs KC away from being on the same 6 game winning streak as GB.

FlyingGreg wrote:
    When it comes to the Falcons, I think the operative word is respect. That offense is LEGIT. Keep in mind, we barely beat them last time in OUR HOUSE with EARL THOMAS.

IMO, they will score 30+ on us right now. The only way to beat them is our offense is going to have to have a flawless game:

They are far from unbeatable, but don't underestimate how good a team they have become.

For those discounting their defense, I have a name for you: Vic Beasley. That defense has improved a lot, and Quinn knows our predictable offense cold. He will be ready to expose Terrell.

Loud dome, excited team, excited fan base...this is their best shot to win it all. They will be rested and fired up.

Well said... and Beasley is a beast. Led the NFL in sacks. Playing for the Falcons? Never thought I'd hear that. He's our #1 pick from 2015... and Neal our #1 this year is a mini Kam. Quinn needs a few more pieces but the D is starting to come together and has played much better since the bye.

This Falcons team played the NFL's toughest schedule and went 11-5 with 5 losses by a combined 22 points. This is the best Falcons team of the Matt Ryan era and is our best shot.

2012 is a distant memory. All that we have left from that team is Ryan, Julio, Babs the DT, our K, P, and long snapper. Definitely not the same team.

I'm excited. More than I have ever been.
    Last edited by FalconsFanNW on Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:02 pm
  • I think not fearing them is foolish. Their defense is suspect, but their offense sure isn't.

Right now Atlanta would be my pick to win the NFC. They're legit.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:05 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:I think not fearing them is foolish. Their defense is suspect, but their offense sure isn't.

Yeah ESPN's FPI has us at 45% to win NFC... with Dallas at 32%. For whatever that's worth.

Only four teams in history -- the 2000 Rams, 2011 Saints, 2012 Patriots and 2013 Broncos -- have recorded more yards and points than the 2016 Falcons. The Falcons are one of only 3 teams to score on more than half of their offensive possessions.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:12 pm
  • Yeah, just like the second half of the season was going to be a cake walk, OK.............................

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:13 pm
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:I think not fearing them is foolish. Their defense is suspect, but their offense sure isn't.

Yeah ESPN's FPI has us at 45% to win NFC... with Dallas at 32%. For whatever that's worth.

Only four teams in history -- the 2000 Rams, 2011 Saints, 2012 Patriots and 2013 Broncos -- have recorded more yards and points than the 2016 Falcons. The Falcons are one of only 3 teams to score on more than half of their offensive possessions.

Well, we know how the 2013 Broncos ended up. :twisted:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:15 pm
  • I fear any of these opponents without Earl. Without him playing center field, our Defense is average. Throw in our inconsistent Offense on top of that. Our Defense was the only thing making the Seahawks an upper-tier team. Now that's out the window.

So yes, I fear the Falcons record-setting Offense against this Defense that has been average for the last month.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:17 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    FalconsFanNW wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:I think not fearing them is foolish. Their defense is suspect, but their offense sure isn't.

Well, we know how the 2013 Broncos ended up. :twisted:

In late October RB Donte Freeman gained only 40 yards on the Hawks D, and RW passed for almost 100 yards more than Ryan.
    LeftHandSmoke
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:23 pm
  • why are people overlooking the Lions??? one game at a time..
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:23 pm
  • Not sure we'll beat Detroit let alone Atlanta. The Falcons are playing better than Seattle in every aspect of the game right now. Its hard to fathom us beating them. I think Atlanta goes to the superbowl personally.
    nash72
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:35 pm
  • sutz wrote:Well, we know how the 2013 Broncos ended up. :twisted:

Yep... we do and I knew someone would throw that comment out there. I can respect it... but at the same time, this isn't the same D.

IMHO top 3 of all time.... in no particular order.. .'85 Bears, '00 Ravens, '13 Seahawks.

nash72 wrote:Not sure we'll beat Detroit let alone Atlanta. The Falcons are playing better than Seattle in every aspect of the game right now. Its hard to fathom us beating them. I think Atlanta goes to the superbowl personally.

I've seen quite a few Super Bowl predictions with Atlanta... and all of them have us losing to the Pats.

Gotta love sportswriters.

You know the biggest thing about Quinn that I like... his fired up personality. I saw the locker room video following the Saints game... and watched it alongside a video of Mike Smith's pep talk back in 2014.

You'd have thought Smith was speaking at a funeral... Quinn is just amazing. No surprise the Seahawks D was as beast as it was when he was here.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:43 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:why are people overlooking the Lions??? one game at a time..

:2thumbs: That is what I have been saying. Not a single thread here talking about the upcoming game on Saturday. The Lions are not a bad team folks. This will be a dogfight.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:45 pm
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:
    sutz wrote:Well, we know how the 2013 Broncos ended up. :twisted:

Yep... we do and I knew someone would throw that comment out there. I can respect it... but at the same time, this isn't the same D.

IMHO top 3 of all time.... in no particular order.. .'85 Bears, '00 Ravens, '13 Seahawks.

nash72 wrote:Not sure we'll beat Detroit let alone Atlanta. The Falcons are playing better than Seattle in every aspect of the game right now. Its hard to fathom us beating them. I think Atlanta goes to the superbowl personally.

I've seen quite a few Super Bowl predictions with Atlanta... and all of them have us losing to the Pats.

Gotta love sportswriters.

You know the biggest thing about Quinn that I like... his fired up personality. I saw the locker room video following the Saints game... and watched it alongside a video of Mike Smith's pep talk back in 2014.

You'd have thought Smith was speaking at a funeral... Quinn is just amazing. No surprise the Seahawks D was as beast as it was when he was here.

Still furious that he left. Paul Allen should have offered him insane money to stay.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:46 pm
  • Worried about the Lions to be honest
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:52 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:

No fear!

Yep, No Earl against them is scary!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:54 pm
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:

Yep!

43-8
    Last edited by Seymour on Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:54 pm
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:
    sutz wrote:Well, we know how the 2013 Broncos ended up. :twisted:

I know. Just messin' with you. Over here, we all wish we had that D back. Hope we put up a good game against you guys, at least. Well, and hopin' we get there. ;)

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:01 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:

No fear!

But we were without Kam.
    RCATES
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:04 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    I know. Just messin' with you. Over here, we all wish we had that D back. Hope we put up a good game against you guys, at least. Well, and hopin' we get there. ;)

Good luck Saturday.

I'm ready to get this party started.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:08 pm
  • Said this on another thread but its OK to think about the more exciting matchup with Atlanta, it makes me feel better about my team because, if it happens it means we got ourselves a playoff win under our belts and a bit of positivity.

This forum and the sportswriters around the nation have got it pre-determined that:
    a) Seattle will beat the Lions at home
    b) Seattle will lose to the Falcons away in Atlanta

Which one of those predictions is the more likely? Any given Saturday / Sunday etc etc, but the chances we get a win on Saturday are pretty high (not saying it will be convincing, but lets get the W any way possible)

Atlanta should be favoured in the divisional round against us at home, but honestly people, lets try not to be jumping off the side of a building. The team is an offensive juggernaut, but the defense is mediocre at best at LB, and at corner without Trufant. Vic Beasley rushes the passer well, but I don't see consistent internal pressure which is where our line typically falls apart and gets Russell killed.

On the backend, one Falcons fan mentioned Neal is a mini Kam. I understand Kam helped him train in the off season and he may base his game on Kam, as in he hits hard, but Kam does a whole lot more for this defense than hard hitting. We saw this in the game earlier this year with the miscomms in his absence leading to 2 easy TDs. I've watched Neal with interest this year, as he has the attitude I love from a safety, but there have been more than a few times I've seen him be caught out of position and is not so solid in coverage.

To all Seahawk fans I urge you not to jump off the side of a building, the media narrative will be without Earl, this will be the Falcons game EASILY (revenge for the non call on Julio - please pass me the bucket while I throw up over the injustice of that narrative). IF we get to this game, stay strong, we beat them once, and actually should be healthier this time around (overall). It would undoubtedly be a great spectacle to watch, and in my estimation will be a close shootout right to the very end.
    Followthelegion
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:09 pm
  • It doesn't matter one bit if the fans are talking about Atlanta and/or looking past them. We don't play for the team, it has zero impact on the game. Just sayin

Hawks will have to have their best game of the year to win at Atlanta imo. And they are certainly capable.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:19 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:I am not as confident as you about the Lions game and quite honestly, I do not understand why nobody wants to discuss it(the match-up). The Lions are no pushover right now and I really do not want to talk about Atlanta because that is not who we are playing Saturday.

I'll discuss the Lions with you when you get your faith back on board,I refuse to wallow in thoughts of losing which depresses me to do that.There are enough people saying we are losing Saturday but if not-Then next week.I am focused on winning till the seasons over.I fear nobody,it's playoff time baby :2thumbs: :icon_new:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:21 pm
  • Negativity is a choice. Assuming the worst is a choice.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:36 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Negativity is a choice. Assuming the worst is a choice.

Ignoring both is a choice
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:41 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Negativity is a choice. Assuming the worst is a choice.

Ignoring both is a choice

Commenting on both is a choice.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:43 pm
  • RussB wrote: Matt Ryan's history shows he isnt good in the playoffs and they are very inexperienced and one dimensional in my opinion..

How is the #2 total offense, #3 passing and #5 rushing one dimensional?

Your entire post is conjecture, homerism and based on emotion with zero facts to back up your statement.

Yes we should fear one of best offenses in the league playing at home after the first round bye we were too terrible to get. It's that simple.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:47 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:I am not as confident as you about the Lions game and quite honestly, I do not understand why nobody wants to discuss it(the match-up). The Lions are no pushover right now and I really do not want to talk about Atlanta because that is not who we are playing Saturday.

I'll discuss the Lions with you when you get your faith back on board,I refuse to wallow in thoughts of losing which depresses me to do that.There are enough people saying we are losing Saturday but if not-Then next week.I am focused on winning till the seasons over.I fear nobody,it's playoff time baby :2thumbs: :icon_new:

I have faith in this franchise, but I have not been happy with their play since the pre-season. The only two games that gave me hope were the Atlanta game and the NE game. What I have faith in is that they are still a relatively young team with a great GM and Head coach. If they lose, I know they will be back in the mix next year or very soon after that. No worries.
    Lets face it: We've been spoiled the last 5 years with EPIC franchise history setting football. Much of the NFL fan base envies us. I LOVE the hate. It means we've arrived!! Anyways, no matter what happens I will still have pride to be a 12.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:52 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    FalconsFanNW wrote:

Yep!

43-8

If we had the 2013 defense, we wouldn't be facing the Falcons on the road either.

Lets face it, this defense is closer to 2012 than 2013. And well, we know how that 2012 game went :34853_doh:

No team in the NFC is unbeatable, so saying the Falcons are is wrong.. but to disregard how good they are this year is either blatant homerism or just a lack of knowledge about the Falcons. Their offense is REALLY good. It will take an even better effort than they put forth in Foxboro to beat them IMO.

It's possible, just extremely challenging.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:12 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:I am not as confident as you about the Lions game and quite honestly, I do not understand why nobody wants to discuss it(the match-up). The Lions are no pushover right now and I really do not want to talk about Atlanta because that is not who we are playing Saturday.

I have faith in this franchise, but I have not been happy with their play since the pre-season. The only two games that gave me hope were the Atlanta game and the NE game. What I have faith in is that they are still a relatively young team with a great GM and Head coach. If they lose, I know they will be back in the mix next year or very soon after that. No worries.
    Lets face it: We've been spoiled the last 5 years with EPIC franchise history setting football. Much of the NFL fan base envies us. I LOVE the hate. It means we've arrived!! Anyways, no matter what happens I will still have pride to be a 12.

I get the spoiled part..I knew with the injuries that have happened all year it wasn't going to be pretty or easy.I hope we rise above the struggle as it makes us stronger..May that time be now :0190l:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:16 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    FalconsFanNW wrote:

Yep!

43-8

If we had the 2013 defense, we wouldn't be facing the Falcons on the road either.

Lets face it, this defense is closer to 2012 than 2013. And well, we know how that 2012 game went :34853_doh:

No team in the NFC is unbeatable, so saying the Falcons are is wrong.. but to disregard how good they are this year is either blatant homerism or just a lack of knowledge about the Falcons. Their offense is REALLY good. It will take an even better effort than they put forth in Foxboro to beat them IMO.

It's possible, just extremely challenging.

I think Atlanta are really good but lets not go crazy. New England haven't lost a game with Brady at QB all year, except to us. We'd need to play really well to get past Atlanta but it would not need to be an effort beyond the Foxborough game.
    Followthelegion
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:29 pm
  • Followthelegion wrote:
    I think Atlanta are really good but lets not go crazy. New England haven't lost a game with Brady at QB all year, except to us. We'd need to play really well to get past Atlanta but it would not need to be an effort beyond the Foxborough game.

With no Earl Thomas, Vic Beasley much improved from the first time we saw him, and a pissed off team that felt they were screwed on a bad call the first time... I strongly disagree. But that's just me. :D
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:38 pm
  • How many times are friggin fans going to bring up officiating?

It's pretty tiring.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:58 pm
  • @Followthelegion, Sgt. Largent, Hasselbeck,

Very good posts and thanks for the respect.

Plenty here for the Seahawks as well. The D line is much scarier than the secondary for obvious reasons but it would no doubt be a good game.

Hope we get to talk about it this coming week.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:05 pm
  • RussB wrote:Overlooking the lions game this weekend but i think seahawks at home arent losing in the playoffs to a team on a 3 game losing streak.

Now to the point, pretty much every seahawks fan on here has been talking about the falcons game which seems like it is a foregone conclusion it will happen at this point. Also lots of ppl on here are acting like the seahawks cant beat the falcons at home and are in over their head basically is the tone im getting. Even on NFL network and ESPN everyone pretty much says hawks have no chance.

I may be just being a homer but i honestly dont really fear them facing the falcons, its a favorable matchup to me honestly do to the last game. If you watch the last game, in the first half the pass rush completely demolished the falcons. They were in over their head. Sure earl wasmaking his fair share of plays but the pass rush was what shut the falcons down. Then in the second half 2 td's that were given up were on blown coverages, they were basically free plays do to miscommunication and are gimme touchdowns.

Other than that the falcons got smashed the entire game. I dont see why everyone fears them so much. Matt Ryan's history shows he isnt good in the playoffs and they are very inexperienced and one dimensional in my opinion. Even without earl this D will still probably contain them and can hold them to alot less points. This is a very close game in my personal opinion and it all just depends on whether the offense and wilson show up.

I think the giants are the worse matchup. That d line is elite. The rest have ok or worse d lines. But the Hawks can beat any team, on any night. I am excited. I don't think the giants get out of lambau, so i like their chances.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:06 pm
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:@Followthelegion, Sgt. Largent, Hasselbeck

Hope we get to talk about it this coming week.

:2thumbs: Here's hoping you can hold your ATL homerism until then too.
    LeftHandSmoke
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:14 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    Followthelegion wrote:

With no Earl Thomas, Vic Beasley much improved from the first time we saw him, and a pissed off team that felt they were screwed on a bad call the first time... I strongly disagree. But that's just me. :D

No Earl but we get Kam back, plus Wilson being healthier + Bennett for the entire game (and others too - Morgan / Fant springs to mind).

Beasley is the same player as in October, he had a monster game against Denver the week before they played us with 3.5 sacks (most all year). He's the best player on their line, but not a different beast from the first match up, and vs Seattle he had 0 sacks. Just saying :D
    Followthelegion
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:16 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information