Anyone else not fear the Falcons?

RussB

Reaction score
Overlooking the lions game this weekend but i think seahawks at home arent losing in the playoffs to a team on a 3 game losing streak.

Now to the point, pretty much every seahawks fan on here has been talking about the falcons game which seems like it is a foregone conclusion it will happen at this point. Also lots of ppl on here are acting like the seahawks cant beat the falcons at home and are in over their head basically is the tone im getting. Even on NFL network and ESPN everyone pretty much says hawks have no chance.

I may be just being a homer but i honestly dont really fear them facing the falcons, its a favorable matchup to me honestly do to the last game. If you watch the last game, in the first half the pass rush completely demolished the falcons. They were in over their head. Sure earl wasmaking his fair share of plays but the pass rush was what shut the falcons down. Then in the second half 2 td's that were given up were on blown coverages, they were basically free plays do to miscommunication and are gimme touchdowns.

Other than that the falcons got smashed the entire game. I dont see why everyone fears them so much. Matt Ryan's history shows he isnt good in the playoffs and they are very inexperienced and one dimensional in my opinion. Even without earl this D will still probably contain them and can hold them to alot less points. This is a very close game in my personal opinion and it all just depends on whether the offense and wilson show up.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am not as confident as you about the Lions game and quite honestly, I do not understand why nobody wants to discuss it(the match-up). The Lions are no pushover right now and I really do not want to talk about Atlanta because that is not who we are playing Saturday.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't fear them. But at the same time, I don't think anyone fears us.

Other than the Lions, I think every team in the NFC who made the playoffs thinks they have a legit chance of making it to the SB.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
A big difference this time would be in the already-poor Falcons Pass D now missing their best pass defender, Trufant who has been placed on IR.

No fear!

iigakusei

Reaction score
I fear impotence not the Falcons.
However if the Hawks get by Detroit they will be heavy underdogs as they should be.
Atlanta is a damn good team with a historically potent offense, playing at home and most importantly seem to be consistent. I don't think anyone could say that about the Hawks.
Could they beat Atlanta? Absolutely, But they will have to play much better than they have the past month.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3du3nqm9 said:
A big difference this time would be in the already-poor Falcons Pass D now missing their best pass defender, Trufant who has been placed on IR.

No fear!

Conversely, we had Earl last time...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2oorv0ni said:
I am not as confident as you about the Lions game and quite honestly, I do not understand why nobody wants to discuss it(the match-up). The Lions are no pushover right now and I really do not want to talk about Atlanta because that is not who we are playing Saturday.

You can talk about opponents in 2019 - its not going to change the outcome of Saturdays game ;)

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Largent80":3nwoj2bw said:
I fear the Seahawks not the Falcons.
me too lol, i just dont know who is going to show up when they play anymore.

Seymour

Reaction score
I don't fear any other team. I only fear that Hyde will show up and not Jekyll.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Fear? No. I don't fear anything in the NFL, it's not "real life". I fear losing my kids or my wife.

But, I get the context.

When it comes to the Falcons, I think the operative word is respect. That offense is LEGIT. Keep in mind, we barely beat them last time in OUR HOUSE with EARL THOMAS.

IMO, they will score 30+ on us right now. The only way to beat them is our offense is going to have to have a flawless game:

-- Eating the clock (which means running the ball) ... we can't let them have the ball more than necessary

-- No stupid drive killing penalties

-- 3rd down success

-- 2015 down-the-stretch Russell, not the current version of him (I still think it's injuries, he just looks a little off)

We would also need flawless special teams (snaps, extra points, field goals, field position), turnovers from the defense (not their forte anymore), and the kind of pressure we put on Ryan in the first half of the last game.

They are far from unbeatable, but don't underestimate how good a team they have become.

For those discounting their defense, I have a name for you: Vic Beasley. That defense has improved a lot, and Quinn knows our predictable offense cold. He will be ready to expose Terrell.

Loud dome, excited team, excited fan base...this is their best shot to win it all. They will be rested and fired up.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks on the road are a shell of themselves at home. Atlanta is a great team and shouldn't be taken lightly.

I hate looking past the wild card game tho. Even talking about it feels like a jinx. Let's see if the Hawks can beat Detroit first. Any given Saturday...

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1zi92jdr said:
LeftHandSmoke":1zi92jdr said:

No fear!

True, but we were missing Kam, Clark, Fant, Prosise and Rawls - all of whom could be healthy this time. Big list there.

Missing Kam is likely what led to the late TD 'miscommunications' - it is what led to the Sherm blow up on the sidelines.

Plus, while Earl is awesome, Trufant was a relatively bigger standout on the ATL defense.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":136xcace said:
FlyingGreg":136xcace said:
LeftHandSmoke":136xcace said:

No fear!

True, but we were missing Kam, Clark, Fant, Prosise and Rawls - all of whom could be healthy this time. Big list there.

Missing Kam is likely what led to the late TD 'miscommunications' - it is what led to the Sherm blow up on the sidelines.

Plus, while Earl is awesome, Trufant was a relatively bigger standout on the ATL defense.

Having Prosise back would be great.

I still think Atlanta will score a lot on us, Kam or not.

sutz

Reaction score
Fear no one, respect everyone. They'll prepare like they do every week. Then they'll go and play them.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Gonna chime in with a few thoughts of my own. Seahwkgal knew this was coming.

RussB":1u5dawv3 said:
I dont see why everyone fears them so much. Matt Ryan's history shows he isnt good in the playoffs and they are very inexperienced and one dimensional in my opinion. Even without earl this D will still probably contain them and can hold them to alot less points. This is a very close game in my personal opinion and it all just depends on whether the offense and wilson show up.

Matt Ryan's history in the playoffs is decent... and far from Peyton Manningish choke status.

2008 rookie season - lost to Cardinals 30-24 who advanced to Super Bowl - 26 of 40, 199 yds, 2 TD, 2 INT

2010 - lost as #1 seed to GB 48-21 who won Super Bowl - 20 of 29, 186 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT Blame the D... Green Bay was 7 for 7 with no punts.

2011 - lost to NYG 24-2 who won Super Bowl - 24 of 41, 199 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT. The Giants defense also beat Tom Brady.

2012 - lost as #1 seed to SF 28-24 in a game the D was staked to a 17-0 lead - 30 of 42, 396 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT. 115 RTG

So tell me again... why all the hate on Ryan? He most certainly shouldn't carry the blame for these losses.

Hawk-Lock":1u5dawv3 said:
I don't fear them. But at the same time, I don't think anyone fears us.

That would be correct. I'd rather play Seattle than anyone in the NFC other than Detroit. It makes our road easier and Dallas' road harder. Let Dallas play the NYG/GB winner. Not trying to be a douche, just my opinion.

iigakusei":1u5dawv3 said:
Could they beat Atlanta? Absolutely, But they will have to play much better than they have the past month.

Yep. Nobody is unbeatable... but based on how Seattle has played the last month, I like our chances. Atlanta is a 1 pt pick 2 loss vs KC away from being on the same 6 game winning streak as GB.

FlyingGreg":1u5dawv3 said:
When it comes to the Falcons, I think the operative word is respect. That offense is LEGIT. Keep in mind, we barely beat them last time in OUR HOUSE with EARL THOMAS.

IMO, they will score 30+ on us right now. The only way to beat them is our offense is going to have to have a flawless game:

They are far from unbeatable, but don't underestimate how good a team they have become.

For those discounting their defense, I have a name for you: Vic Beasley. That defense has improved a lot, and Quinn knows our predictable offense cold. He will be ready to expose Terrell.

Loud dome, excited team, excited fan base...this is their best shot to win it all. They will be rested and fired up.

Well said... and Beasley is a beast. Led the NFL in sacks. Playing for the Falcons? Never thought I'd hear that. He's our #1 pick from 2015... and Neal our #1 this year is a mini Kam. Quinn needs a few more pieces but the D is starting to come together and has played much better since the bye.

This Falcons team played the NFL's toughest schedule and went 11-5 with 5 losses by a combined 22 points. This is the best Falcons team of the Matt Ryan era and is our best shot.

2012 is a distant memory. All that we have left from that team is Ryan, Julio, Babs the DT, our K, P, and long snapper. Definitely not the same team.

I'm excited. More than I have ever been.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think not fearing them is foolish. Their defense is suspect, but their offense sure isn't.

Right now Atlanta would be my pick to win the NFC. They're legit.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":138jspmv said:
I think not fearing them is foolish. Their defense is suspect, but their offense sure isn't.

Yeah ESPN's FPI has us at 45% to win NFC... with Dallas at 32%. For whatever that's worth.

Only four teams in history -- the 2000 Rams, 2011 Saints, 2012 Patriots and 2013 Broncos -- have recorded more yards and points than the 2016 Falcons. The Falcons are one of only 3 teams to score on more than half of their offensive possessions.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah, just like the second half of the season was going to be a cake walk, OK.............................

sutz

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":11e3lpfy said:
Hasselbeck":11e3lpfy said:

Yeah ESPN's FPI has us at 45% to win NFC... with Dallas at 32%. For whatever that's worth.

Only four teams in history -- the 2000 Rams, 2011 Saints, 2012 Patriots and 2013 Broncos -- have recorded more yards and points than the 2016 Falcons. The Falcons are one of only 3 teams to score on more than half of their offensive possessions.
Well, we know how the 2013 Broncos ended up. :twisted: