Tony McDaniel out

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Well TM is out in Saturday's playoff game. [urltargetblank]https://sports.yahoo.com/m/2b0d8c02-3602-3324-81bf-cc0a0d6fa54f/ss_tony-mcdaniel-out-for-playoff.html[/urltargetblank] This is pretty big. I do not have any doubts Rubin and Reed can plug up the middle for a time but depth has really sheared its ugly head against us again. This will have to definitely be a special chapter for us to progress through the playoffs. It is a concussion, so if we win, hopefully he comes back next game, cause we will need him.

I'm thinking Clark and Bennett will get more time in the middle, individual rotation of course. Maybe some more blitzes. Scoring a TD on our first drive would go a long way. I want Detroit chasing us, I think that is imperitave as of now.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Well crap that's a shame. He's been a dependable veteran and our depth takes yet another hit. The last thing we need is our D line getting more tired late in the game.

Definitely agree on moving Bennett inside more and rely on Clark to rush the edge throughout the game.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
If there is a week we can let him heal up, while not ideal, this is the playoff team match up we could afford to do it. Detroits run game isn't overly worrying and Rubin and Reed should be able to hold up quite well but it'd be great to have him against Atlanta when seeing that 1-2 punch of Freeman and Coleman

Jerhawk

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2hqlzv03 said:
If there is a week we can let him heal up, while not ideal, this is the playoff team match up we could afford to do it. Detroits run game isn't overly worrying and Rubin and Reed should be able to hold up quite well but it'd be great to have him against Atlanta when seeing that 1-2 punch of Freeman and Coleman

Spot on. Was thinking the same thing.

If Zach Zenner gashes us up the gut with run plays, we don't deserve to go to Atlanta. Detroit has as bad a ground game as Seattle. But McDaniel will be vital to stopping Atlantas run game

Largent80

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that he had missed practice with a concussion which the article was "new". Hopefully we win and he heals up enough to play moving forward.

Largent80

Reaction score
"Sunday’s win over the 49ers, and could affect the depth in Seattle’s line rotation, though they do have John Jenkins available to add to the mix. Jenkins, who signed with the Seahawks in November, has been inactive for the past five games, but could see playing time this week if the Seahawks want to add depth to that position group."

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/01/05 ... sday-press

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Reed will definitely need to keep his Mike Tyson impressions to a minimum now.

Joking.

This probably makes Sowell inactive for this game, don't you think? Maybe Vanett too?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If the Seahawks can get a good start and force the Lions to play from behind, then they can overcome the loss of McDaniel. This might actually work in the Seahawks favor as Bennett was back to his self last game and was terrorizing the backfield of the 49ers. He should be able to do the same against Lions (from the inside spot). Better pass rush and pressure. Stafford is more like Brady when it comes to mobility.

RCATES

Reaction score
I think its funny when 12's blame injuries on our defensive struggles this year. Like you know allowing a garbage Niners offense led by a circus clown drive down the field at will and score TD's. Its not because of injuries. Even with Earl out this is still easily the most loaded defense in the league talent wise. Its coaching people. The league has figured Pete's system out and KR is flat out incapable of making adjustments. For those of you that think this is false look at what NE did this year. They finished #1 Defense in points allowed with literally 20% of the talent the Seahawks have on Defense. Our coaches suck. End of Rant.

OP
OP
seahawkfreak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
RCATES":2hvn5lqx said:
I think its funny when 12's blame injuries on our defensive struggles this year. Like you know allowing a garbage Niners offense led by a circus clown drive down the field at will and score TD's. Its not because of injuries. Even with Earl out this is still easily the most loaded defense in the league talent wise. Its coaching people. The league has figured Pete's system out and KR is flat out incapable of making adjustments. For those of you that think this is false look at what NE did this year. They finished #1 Defense in points allowed with literally 20% of the talent the Seahawks have on Defense. Our coaches suck. End of Rant.

Does it really have to be one thing? While I understand injuries are part of the game but you cannot just write off the injuries the defense has had. Some of Seattle's defensive players have had a great season, was there any coaching involved with that?

I'd be interested in where you came up with your literal 20% formula. Yes the Patriots are well coached but it is not like they do not have talented players. Devin McCourty and Dont’a Hightower made the pro bowl this year. They also have guys like Malcolm Butler, Chris Long, Alan Branch, Trey Flowers, Rob Ninkovich and not to mention some very promising young talent. Just because NE has a high turnover rate, doesn't mean they have a downtrodden roster.

RCATES

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":39mqluhy said:
RCATES":39mqluhy said:

Does it really have to be one thing? While I understand injuries are part of the game but you cannot just write off the injuries the defense has had. Some of Seattle's defensive players have had a great season, was there any coaching involved with that?

I'd be interested in where you came up with your literal 20% formula. Yes the Patriots are well coached but it is not like they do not have talented players. Devin McCourty and Dont’a Hightower made the pro bowl this year. They also have guys like Malcolm Butler, Chris Long, Alan Branch, Trey Flowers, Rob Ninkovich and not to mention some very promising young talent. Just because NE has a high turnover rate, doesn't mean they have a downtrodden roster.

Technically its 27%. Meaning when both teams are healthy there are only 3 players out of the starting 11 for the Patriots that I would take over the starting 11 for Seattle.

Even when Earl was in there our defense has been broken for quite awhile now. Never have we seen teams move the ball at will the way they have the past 2 years. Its like I said when something no longer works scheme wise you make adjustments.

I feel our current staff has failed miserably at making these adjustments to put our ridiculous talented players in the right position to succeed.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I would agree with Cates to the extent of adjustments mid game. The coaches are slow on the adjustments, meaning, we'll let a quarter or two go by before adjustments are made. Seems like Belichick/Patricia are much faster than that.

I'd also like to see them gameplan a bit better based on a self scout, which I'm sure they already do, but if you've been getting killed with swing passes to the RB all year, or TE seam routes, then have a friggin answer in your pocket ready for that. Yet week, after week, it bites us. That's maddening...and that indeed is coaching.

OP
OP
seahawkfreak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
RCATES":1gy4pnve said:
seahawkfreak":1gy4pnve said:
RCATES":1gy4pnve said:

Technically its 27%. Meaning when both teams are healthy there are only 3 players out of the starting 11 for the Patriots that I would take over the starting 11 for Seattle.

Even when Earl was in there our defense has been broken for quite awhile now. Never have we seen teams move the ball at will the way they have the past 2 years. Its like I said when something no longer works scheme wise you make adjustments.

I feel our current staff has failed miserably at making these adjustments to put our ridiculous talented players in the right position to succeed.

Yeah, I agree, I am also disappointed with the way that the coaching staff has handled certain situations. Your point that even when Earl was healthy, the defense had issues, is well taken. I do however stand by the notion that injuries are really starting to hamper this team and is adding to the other dysfunctions.