Brad Allen's Crew to Officiate Hawks vs. Lions

A

Anonymous

Yep, you guessed it. The ref for this weekend's matchup will be none other than Brad Allen and an all-star crew.

For those not 100% on Allen, his crew holds the distinction of calling the most penalties per team average all season. By a large margin.

Woohoo! :pukeface:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssport ... id-verizon

cymatica

Reaction score
Noooo. That's the one ref I never want to get. Every time I think of the Hawks getting ticky tac calls, I see his face.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Anytime refs call 10+ penalties on a team, it really hurts the product imo. Flow of the game just goes down the drain. Wish he wouldn't have made it as a playoff ref.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

Damn, Chris9- hasn't seen this thread yet?

He's gonna go off. Chris hates penalties about as much as Sioux loves Bevell.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
I think they will let them play. It's the playoffs...

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Here's a measure of consolation: Fewer penalties are called in the playoffs.

Link: http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...ally-swallow-their-whistles-in-the-super-bowl

Good quote: "The chart below (see linked article), researched by Jacob Nitzberg of ESPN Stats & Information, reveals a 15-season trend. Over that period, penalty calls -- including those that were declined or offset -- have dropped 18.4 percent in the first three rounds of the playoffs and 9.8 percent in the Super Bowl compared to regular-season averages."

Here's to few penalties! :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

CodeWarrior":l4xtn17j said:
Here's a measure of consolation: Fewer penalties are called in the playoffs.

Link: http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...ally-swallow-their-whistles-in-the-super-bowl

Good quote: "The chart below (see linked article), researched by Jacob Nitzberg of ESPN Stats & Information, reveals a 15-season trend. Over that period, penalty calls -- including those that were declined or offset -- have dropped 18.4 percent in the first three rounds of the playoffs and 9.8 percent in the Super Bowl compared to regular-season averages."

Here's to few penalties! :irishdrinkers:

Good find.

I hope you're right. It sure would be nice not to have to hide all throwable objects in my living room and have to serve the beer in red solo cups.

chris98251

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":v0q4r6ti said:

Go crush a Styrofoam cup He Man, from reading your other post as you stated Cups, Glasses, Mugs and bottles are forbidden while you watch a game do to the severe damage done when there are PENALTIES.

I DO HATE OFFICIALS DICTATING HOW A GAME ENDS UP.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

chris98251":1owet82h said:
HoustonHawk82":1owet82h said:

Go crush a Styrofoam cup He Man, from reading your other post as you stated Cups, Glasses, Mugs and bottles are forbidden while you watch a game do to the severe damage done when there are PENALTIES.

I DO HATE OFFICIALS DICTATING HOW A GAME ENDS UP.

There you are!

You don't have to yell man. :mrgreen:

253hawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":35tvnvwb said:
Anytime refs call 10+ penalties on a team, it really hurts the product imo. Flow of the game just goes down the drain. Wish he wouldn't have made it as a playoff ref.

He called 13 against us in the Rams game at home, but almost all of them were false starts or offsides.

iigakusei

Reaction score
253hawk":2m0d70wa said:
Coug_Hawk08":2m0d70wa said:

He called 13 against us in the Rams game at home, but almost all of them were false starts or offsides.
Paging Germain and Michael....

cymatica

Reaction score

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
But that is not all.....Remember that there are a MIXTURE of refs on this wonderful crew. Yes from Footballzebras...this is the full crew with who they were teamed up with this season.

NFC Wild Card: Lions at Seahawks, 8:15 p.m. NBC

Brad Allen, who is in his 3rd season, is the referee for the Lions-Seahawks matchup. This is Allen’s first playoff assignment in his second year of eligibility. Allen was hired directly to the referee position from the NCAA in 2014.

Yrs 2016 crew College Occupation
R 122 Brad Allen 3 Pembroke State non-profit CEO
U 44 Jeff Rice 22 Coleman Northwestern attorney
HL 134 Ed Camp 16 Boger William Paterson physical education teacher
LJ 18 Byron Boston 22 Anderson Austin tax consultant
FJ 103 Eugene Hall 3 Boger North Texas federal agent
SJ 73 Joe Larrew 15 Blakeman St Louis attorney
BJ 46 Perry Paganelli 19 Parry Hope College retired high school administrator

Replay: Jim Lapetina
Alternates: Walt Anderson (R), Jeff Lamberth (SJ), Mike Weatherford (FJ)

Allstar Team....yarite.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
You just know Brad Allen got bullied at school.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

Looking at that roster, it appears we have a federal agent in the mix, so that means there is no chance of any underhanded bribery schemes.

Wait...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Brad Allen was terrible in college. How he was promoted to the NFL I'll never understand.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ij0694b said:
Brad Allen was terrible in college. How he was promoted to the NFL I'll never understand.

You have watched NFL officiating haven't you? He fits right in.