How's the weather looking?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I know at game time tomorrow portland is supposed to be covered by a sheet of ice. I'm hoping Seattle will be a little better?
Snow or ice would be a pretty good equalizer.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chance of precip is now 60% for tomorrow night, mix of snow and rain.

Is that good for us? Idk, it used to be when we had Beast Mode punchin' people in the mouth, but now we need to have success passing just as much as Detroit does.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
please be any sort of weather that doesn't require the equipment staff to have to decide between 2 different sets of cleats, they inevitably pick wrong and it takes us a quarter to change our shoes and start playing.

I heard cloudy with chance of rain/snow by game timeand not excessively cold. clearer early in the day

Seymour

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3mr4jwlu said:
I know at game time tomorrow portland is supposed to be covered by a sheet of ice. I'm hoping Seattle will be a little better?
Snow or ice would be a pretty good equalizer.

Equalizer for who? Seattle is the 8 point favorite.

They are calling for rain around kickoff time last I checked.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I show 36 degrees and 40% chance of precip. at kick off.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Looks like it should be alright, mid 30's and cloudy with <5 mph wind.

I don't see weather as a factor in this game. We might be rubbish in bad weather but Detroit's running game is their weakest area. Both teams rely mainly on speed for their pass rush so footing concerns slightly cancel out the impact of rain on the passing game.

If we play the Packers or Giants at home in the conference championship then I'll be hoping for great weather as much as anybody.

sutz

Reaction score
flmmkrz":yumnhq1a said:
please be any sort of weather that doesn't require the equipment staff to have to decide between 2 different sets of cleats, they inevitably pick wrong and it takes us a quarter to change our shoes and start playing.

I heard cloudy with chance of rain/snow by game timeand not excessively cold. clearer early in the day
Not real grass. Not really a problem. :229031_shrug:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
sutz":inmr13iv said:
flmmkrz":inmr13iv said:

True.

Far more important is the weather between our Hawks' ears.

Cloudy with a chance of showers?

Or, will Bevell bring his special brand of Bevell THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

irocdave

Reaction score
I heard it was going to be dark tomorrow night. I think it will help the Hawks.

Seafan

Reaction score
I don't know why a Hawk fan would be excited by bad weather. RW sucks in bad weather.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
sutz":2j7xy48e said:
flmmkrz":2j7xy48e said:

it was my rare opportunity to get in a dig at the equipment staff, why should Bevell get all the hate, let me have it :p

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Well, outside of my man cave, it is -10F....yes NEgative Ten degrees plus a Negative decimal 5. One of my doors is frozen shut. But I have 3 doors. I think it will be warmer there in Seattle than here today.

Coffee, elk stew, bread.....and liquid refreshments for the evening.

Wood for the stove inside in about 3 hours. I want enough for tonight and tomorrow as well.

Go hawks.

Largent80

Reaction score
17 outside here in S.E Texas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With another 10 taken off for wind chill.

That's pretty cold for being by the Gulf.

sutz

Reaction score
Looking at 34F, increasing clouds and snow this afternoon. Not sure how much snow, maybe just flurries.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Pretty scared that the power is going to be out for the game tonight. Expecting 2 inches of snow wihch isnt that big of a deal, but then later today a half inch of ice along with heavy winds, which is going to knock down a lot of tree's and power lines. Pray for my power.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
A system is for sure moving in from the south. Evening it should hit the Seattle area. There will be some precipitation; big question is how much and what form. It is supposed to be stronger to the south, and weaken somewhat by the time it hits the Seattle area.

Forecasts call for it starting as snow, then changing to sleet, then freezing rain, then plain old rain. Lowland Puget Sound forecast calls for up to 1-3 inches snow accumulation and 0.1 inches of ice. These colliding air masses make it difficult to predict. Immediate Seattle area should warm up faster and may not see much frozen precip.

Freezing rain is the worst for driving, tree damage, etc., but I can't imagine a lot of ice freezing to the field. The ground where we are (45 miles away) is frozen solid- I expect some pretty serious ice before it warms up enough to melt.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
As of now, weather.com says 34º and 10% chance of precip at kickoff.

Temp expected to hover just above freezing; chance of precip up to 30% by end of regulation.