George Fant-espn story

KillerB

Reaction score
Good article, thanks. It's not Fant's fault that he's bad at this point - everything he is seeing, he is seeing for the first time.

MLTHawk

Reaction score
That was a pretty great read. Obviously I've heard most of the story, but it really puts it into perspective how raw Fant is. The fact he can even have average games at this point is pretty incredible. I personally love the willingness of the coaching staff to take these risks. Sometimes they don't work, but more often than not, they do.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Fant could put it all together. I felt that way about Gilliam last year, though.

I have more hope (not to be confused with confidence) than most that 4/5 long-term starters on the offensive line are on the roster, but, the growing pains this season, specifically mental lapses, have kind of numbed me to the possibility of short-term success.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Fant has the necessary tools and could be really interesting...with a full offseason under his belt.

Under current conditions, he is regularly getting Wilson hit.

Rat

Reaction score
Fant was a great pickup as a UDFA. Very worthy gamble.

He shouldn't be starting for an otherwise championship-caliber team at this point in his career though.

mikeak

Reaction score
Rat":w912lg8e said:
Fant was a great pickup as a UDFA. Very worthy gamble.

He shouldn't be starting for an otherwise championship-caliber team at this point in his career though.

Nailed it and my only thought from reading the article

OP
OP
HawkMeat

HawkMeat

Reaction score
The story truly changed my tune on Fant. To have this type of success, even though it is spotty, is rather incredible. He is motivated and to think be had decent games with practically zero game experience is incredible. Now that doesn't mean I wouldn't love a different player holding down the LT position, and to have him step in gradually. This is how the coaches do business, and it works more often than not...I think?

capncrunch

Reaction score
Thank you. That was a very interesting read. Wow! What a kid. I hope these guys can improve. There is a lot riding on it. I think he will be better next year. I have higher hopes for him than some of the other linemen. Finding diamonds in the rough is what can keep us competitive though. We hopefully can hit on most of these gambles. It is interesting to see as a fan. Could make for a decent Hollywood movie I think. Which actor to play Pete? Hmm. Michael Keaton?

pcbball12

Reaction score
capncrunch":rxkyveu8 said:
Thank you. That was a very interesting read. Wow! What a kid. I hope these guys can improve. There is a lot riding on it. I think he will be better next year. I have higher hopes for him than some of the other linemen. Finding diamonds in the rough is what can keep us competitive. We hopefully can hit on most of these gambles. It is interesting to see as a fan. Could make for a decent Hollywood movie I think. Which actor to play Pete? Hmm. Michael Keaton?
Definitely Owen Wilson

capncrunch

Reaction score
pcbball12":7eo03pco said:
capncrunch":7eo03pco said:
Thank you. That was a very interesting read. Wow! What a kid. I hope these guys can improve. There is a lot riding on it. I think he will be better next year. I have higher hopes for him than some of the other linemen. Finding diamonds in the rough is what can keep us competitive. We hopefully can hit on most of these gambles. It is interesting to see as a fan. Could make for a decent Hollywood movie I think. Which actor to play Pete? Hmm. Michael Keaton?
Definitely Owen Wilson

Maybe William Macy