Hutchinson raising the 12th man flag tonight

gocougs789

Reaction score
That sucks, he screwed us. Don't get this one bit. Is josh brown next?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
:pukeface: Dumb choice. Why not Hasselbeck? Marshawn? Anybody who didn't betray our franchise

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Not a choice that inspires a "HELL YEAH" moment, but he's a good guy who still has ties to Seattle.

He took the big $$$$ deal back in the day with the Vikings after some great seasons here in Seattle.

No hard feelings over that. In this league, if you can score big $$$ before the knees/hips/back go, you best take it.

He was a BIG boy...

N sets to block during the 2005 picture id77387732

semiahmoo

Reaction score
And an ironic choice given the O-Line troubles for the Hawks of late.

Hey, Hutch isn't yet 40.

Maybe we can convince him to suit up for tonight's game!

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
But last home game we had the Bozo State import, and that was cool cuz the Huskies were in the dance with Alabama, right?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Horrid choice. I understand a player having to take a big money deal but the way that whole situation went down, i'd rather near anybody else.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I never blamed Hutch... Yeah, the poison pill was a bit much.
It was Ruskell, he was an ass, he paid the wrong guy.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wartooth":2ak8kpef said:

He paid Walter Jones, first ballot Hall of Fame left tackle, and widely considered to be one of the best ever at the position. :roll:

There will be boos when the flag is raised. And they'll be heard quite loudly, even on TV.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":17ql23ay said:
Wartooth":17ql23ay said:

He paid Walter Jones, first ballot Hall of Fame left tackle, and widely considered to be one of the best ever at the position. :roll:

There will be boos when the flag is raised. And they'll be heard quite loudly, even on TV.

Nah, ancient history.

Most people there will be, "WHO?"

Bobblehead

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3pmkyvz6 said:
Not a choice that inspires a "HELL YEAH" moment, but he's a good guy who still has ties to Seattle.

He took the big $$$$ deal back in the day with the Vikings after some great seasons here in Seattle.

No hard feelings over that. In this league, if you can score big $$$ before the knees/hips/back go, you best take it.

He was a BIG boy...

N sets to block during the 2005 picture id77387732

After reading what happened, he was right in what he did, our GM was a piece of S. that lied and tried to pull a fast one on the guy.

Still, the flag raiser choice is a strange one.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Why put this controversial pick under the spotlight on Sat night in the Wild Card round?

Is someone asleep at the controls at CLink?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
Those shrugging it off probably weren't following the Seahawks that closely back then. You know how this board feels about Bevell? Well, that's pretty much the way everyone thought about Hutch. But add a touch more vitriol, and minus any supporters.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":j02rzwr9 said:
Wartooth":j02rzwr9 said:

I wasn't talking about Walt, I was talking about Alexander...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
Wartooth":35n07l63 said:
Seahawk Sailor":35n07l63 said:
Wartooth":35n07l63 said:

I wasn't talking about Walt, I was talking about Alexander...

The issue with Futch was never about Alexander. It was because he was transition tagged instead of franchised, thus "robbing" him of $500,000.

He wanted to be the highest paid offensive lineman on the team. He demanded we pay him more money than Hall of Fame LT Walter Jones. That's why he walked. And following that, Minnesota stepped up and ensured he would never re-sign here by putting the "poison pill" into the contract with the whole "playing games in Washington State" bullshit.

Yes, Ruskell was an idiot. One of many moves showcasing his idiocy. But Futch was the guy who flipped us the bird and walked off.