Lotsa Favorable Calls ..

cymatica

Reaction score
All the flags helped the defense rest

RussB

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the refs will go ham on seattle next week to try and make up for the no call in the last falcons game that everyone has been whining about.

Rat

Reaction score
We got the better end of the officiating, but that was still unquestionably a beat-down. Good game, hope it rolls over into next week.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
We did not get "favorable" calls. Stop listening to the outside noise. Just because Chris Collinsworth doesn't call out the missed calls for us doesn't mean it didn't happen

On the Paul Richardson catch, it could be argued the defender was not playing the ball and was interfering. Therefore, offsetting penalties

On the Russell Wilson block in the back, by NFL rule it was not technically a block in the back

On the pass interference, I give that. But that assumes the defender would have been able to dive for the catch and maintain possession. I highly doubt that

We won fair and square. Haters can cry about it

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Detroit got away with a few things too. If the game is called fairly they only score 3 points.

And the media can bite me. They didn't care when we got screwed over in New Orleans. Screw them.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I thought this game was called very fair. Welcome to playoff football where the refs are encouraged the let the teams play as much as possible. There were plenty of No Calls BOTH ways. To say we got this win because of refs is ignorant at best...

253hawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3tp8q9m5 said:
On the Russell Wilson block in the back, by NFL rule it was not technically a block in the back

Someone please dig up the block in the back that wasn't called on the James Harrison INT return in the SB against the Cardinals and compare that to Russ's little boop block.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Definitely. Hopefully the "Seattle refs" show up next week in Atlanta.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hands to the face by Shead. nope

Prich had his facemask and head ripped off on his second one handed catch. no call.

Frank Clark grabbed and thrown to the ground. no call.

How many uncalled false starts?

Seafan

Reaction score
It was a reasonably officiated playoff game. The refs didn't make themselves the center of attention.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Really think this is a non issue for either team. They missed some calls for us too. Specifically a nasty facemask against PRich on his second catch.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Smellyman":3aw4fltq said:
hands to the face by Shead. nope

Prich had his facemask and head ripped off on his second one handed catch. no call.

Frank Clark grabbed and thrown to the ground. no call.

How many uncalled false starts?

There were literally like 3 straight false starts uncalled in the 2nd quarter on one drive.

Nary a mention from ol Chris.

#notshocked.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3boqej54 said:
We did not get "favorable" calls. Stop listening to the outside noise. Just because Chris Collinsworth doesn't call out the missed calls for us doesn't mean it didn't happen

On the Paul Richardson catch, it could be argued the defender was not playing the ball and was interfering. Therefore, offsetting penalties

On the pass interference, I give that. But that assumes the defender would have been able to dive for the catch and maintain possession. I highly doubt that

We won without the calls..Thats the best the doubters got?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I really don't like the judgment plays.

No PI because the ball was uncatchable?

Head scratcher, perhaps it was uncatchable because, the defender was guilty of pass interference..

253hawk

Reaction score
I lost count of how many times their RT moved early, yet it was never called once.

irocdave

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3efadf3d said:

Hawks got away with several non calls. Minimize it all you want, they did. Rawls rushing td for example. Notice the blatant hold by Ifedi on the slow mo replay? The pass down the sideline against the Hawks and the Hawks D back pinned the receivers arm down.. that's PI, guy probably wouldn't have caught the ball but he would have put a hand on it if the grab didn't happen. PRich's great TD grab...obvious facemask as well as DPI. Should have been a replay of down.

Hawks got the benefit of the doubt tonight on penalties, if you don't think so you need to take the homer glasses off. I hate seeing this as it seems the Hawks are always in some controversial call situation that some believe impacts the outcome. Not the Hawks fault, it's the referees fault but still. This team just cant escape controversy.

Hawks will not get those calls verse Atlanta.