Lets talk Atlanta...

DHawk

Reaction score
Whatcha think guys and gals?

I worry about our secondary without Earl this time. I think our offense could have some real chances to open things up against Atlanta's D. Enough to keep up with their O?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Run the ball. Run it again, run it some more.

Keep Matt Ryan and Julio on the sideline.

soje

Reaction score
I think our team depends on Russell Wilson now more than ever. It's clear Atlanta will score against us. If Wilson is close to his pre 2016 former self (accurate, mobile, and a real running threat) then I think we have a chance. If not, I think we lose in a blowout.

davidonmi

Reaction score
can't predict a win, not without earl.

Can the offense have a big game and we win a shootout? yes

chris98251

Reaction score
Screw Atlanta tonight, Enjoy the win over the Lions, I had doubts and am so glad I was wrong, so impressed with Rawls and how the line opened holes, Cable defiantly making his argument for being hired with tonight's performance.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":wpker5hb said:
Screw Atlanta tonight, Enjoy the win over the Lions, I had doubts and am so glad I was wrong, so impressed with Rawls and how the line opened holes, Cable defiantly making his argument for being hired with tonight's performance.

Definitely gives me a different feel going into next week.

It feels like the Seahawks team when we were just starting to get good, underdogs, but optimistic we could somehow win.

That being said I think the game will be close either way.

Seattle played well tonight, and if they play Atlanta like this they will win.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":343xp3n9 said:
Will need to score 31+ to win.

I think you nailed it. Luckily their defense isn't much better than Detroit, so we know what's coming. Russ has got to get the pocket awareness and scramble drill back. It's our only path to 31 points.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Matt Ryan finds ways to lose in the playoffs.

fuego

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":19ntzad7 said:
chris98251":19ntzad7 said:

If Seattle plays Atlanta like you did Detroit, the Falcons will put up 35 on you in the first half like they did the Saints. You had one FG and a phantom TD that even the refs admitted it should have been off-setting penalties. You'll be playing a game of catch-up you can't win.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lions ... -td-catch/

chris98251

Reaction score
Optimus25":3b54lhgm said:
Coug_Hawk08":3b54lhgm said:
Will need to score 31+ to win.

I think you nailed it. Luckily their defense isn't much better than Detroit, so we know what's coming. Russ has got to get the pocket awareness and scramble drill back. It's our only path to 31 points.

But their HC knows us as well as we do and what to exploit. I expect a lot of misdirection on offense or just basic punch you in the mouth running.

On defense I expect them to challenge us deep and often and then a lot of screens when we go deep zone to protect against the deep ball then use the TE.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think we're in trouble without Earl. It could get ugly.

But I'm not going to worry about it till Saturday. I'm enjoying this win all week.

Seafan

Reaction score
RW can't take 3 sacks and force throws like he did tonight. He needs to scramble when things break down and needs to run with the football to keep drives alive.

The OLine and Rawls needs another great game.

Wouldn't hurt to get Prosise back this week.

irocdave

Reaction score
This years Hawk team has only proven one thing, they are radically inconsistent. Yes, they could beat Atlanta IF the OLINE blocks well, Rawls doesn't get hurt, RW is accurate on his throws when they are there, the D backs make plays and the D line gets pressure. NONE of those things are a given as they have not been in the regular season. Can they? Yes, will they? I wouldn't put money on it this year.

The Hawks have the experience, but they have not been consistent in one aspect that would lead anyone to believe they are going to beat Atlanta in this game.

ARhawk

Reaction score
fuego":2e4xije9 said:
NFSeahawks628":2e4xije9 said:
chris98251":2e4xije9 said:

If Seattle plays Atlanta like you did Detroit, the Falcons will put up 35 on you in the first half like they did the Saints. You had one FG and a phantom TD that even the refs admitted it should have been off-setting penalties. You'll be playing a game of catch-up you can't win.

Do you know the difference between offense and defense? Lol, if the defense plays like it did all game, you think you will put up 35 because the refs helped our offense???

cesame

Reaction score
The Falcons have a weak rush defense just like the Lions. Statistically they're almost identical. Seattle should be able to move the ball on the ground again.

In Pts/G the Falcons are terrible. 27th in the NFL in Pts given up. They also don't rush the passer all that well.

Atlanta has a dynamite offense but they are far from a complete team. Very beatable and not a true #2 seed in most years. They're very flawed. They're not the Seahawks/Panthers/49ers of years past.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
sdog1981":2qwvh6g7 said:
Matt Ryan finds ways to lose in the playoffs.

He has only one playoff win yes, but you also know who it came against.

Ryan isn't going to miss as many open receivers as Stafford did.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
fuego":gdf12lk4 said:
NFSeahawks628":gdf12lk4 said:
chris98251":gdf12lk4 said:

Oh cripes, you guys sound like Panthers fans last year. You have one good season since 2012 and now you think your hot s---. I like your head coach so I wont bathe in your tears next year when you miss the playoffs. Suck it and piss off.