I will give bevel his props tonight

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
You should give Bevell his props every night. They're his and he needs them.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1yq1c4zc said:
You should give Bevell his props every night. They're his and he needs them.

LOL, he forgot his props tonight, no tricks just results.

cymatica

Reaction score
GeekHawk":35vxmx1m said:
He didn't screw up and abandon the run when it was working. Way to go! :2thumbs:

Or Wilson audibled in the run game. :D

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I was going to post this as well, I've ripped Bevell my fair share but tonight was what we wanted out of him. Find something that works early and go to it over and over til the opponent proves they can stop it. Then build off that. He saw the run working, went to it often and then sprinkled in the pass and ultimately the boys were able to pull away. Hats off

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Bevell and Cable had the offense ready. Best offense this season. They dominated th Lion defense. Hopefully this momentum continues next week in Atlanta!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Play caling was better, still need to eliminate the bubble screen from the playbook entirely.
I counted at least 4, and 3 were blown up for little or no gain. Such a low percentage play.

It's going to have to be even BETTER against Atlanta next week, IMHO the Hawks need to score 35+ to win as I think having Earl out is going to kill Seattle vs Ryan and company. Better be prepared for a shootout type game.

Also when your running back gains 160 yard the playcaling will look good most of the time.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":27c8hl7w said:
GeekHawk":27c8hl7w said:
He didn't screw up and abandon the run when it was working. Way to go! :2thumbs:

Or Wilson audibled in the run game. :D

Wilson is too fat to audible.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1m0oymnw said:
Big difference when the runs work.

Can't run 30 timed when every carry is 1 or 2 yards.

Exactly. When your offense can't run the ball most of the time it certainly makes life difficult on the play caller. Wish more fans would understand this lol.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Loved when they came out in heavy in short yardage, shifted to empty and converted to Jimmy. Pretty much forced the defense to have to put someone slower and athletically inferior on either Jimmy, Luke or Marcel.

getnasty

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":20zz6m6l said:
Play caling was better, still need to eliminate the bubble screen from the playbook entirely.
I counted at least 4, and 3 were blown up for little or no gain. Such a low percentage play.

It's going to have to be even BETTER against Atlanta next week, IMHO the Hawks need to score 35+ to win as I think having Earl out is going to kill Seattle vs Ryan and company. Better be prepared for a shootout type game.

Also when your running back gains 160 yard the playcaling will look good most of the time.

I don't love the bubble screen but I bet if you did the math yesterday we probably averagedo 4 or 5 yards on them. You just have to remind yourself it's an extension to the running game.

Optimus25

Reaction score
kobebryant":4b0iddal said:
Loved when they came out in heavy in short yardage, shifted to empty and converted to Jimmy. Pretty much forced the defense to have to put someone slower and athletically inferior on either Jimmy, Luke or Marcel.

Im just frustrated we haven't seen this earlier. New England has been doing something identical for sooo long to get favorable matchups for Gronk. But it was drawn up great with great execution.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":25l4y7s8 said:
Sports Hernia":25l4y7s8 said:

I don't love the bubble screen but I bet if you did the math yesterday we probably averagedo 4 or 5 yards on them. You just have to remind yourself it's an extension to the running game.
IMHO it's the worst play in NFL football, and to call a WR bubble screen as an extension of a running play is severely inaccurate...... however, a RB screen I can see your point.

hawk45

Reaction score
2 of the 4 bubble screens were worth 4 or more yards by my count.
Bevell stuck with the run because he saw blocking. We can either believe Rawls magically healed and Bevell changed something or we can believe that the OL opened actual holes to run through for once.
Soon enough we will face a non Detroit DL and get stuffed again and start acting as if it's the fault of Bevell and Rawls for not waving their magic blocking wands.

Foghawk

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2vg1qv8e said:
Funny how he is a genius when the offensive line can block. Does anyone here honestly his play calling is so much different when the offense is rolling?

Our offensive line executed. Period. they had a great game.

https://twitter.com/DannyBKelly/status/818018799324512256

This was something that needed props. Come out in heavy set and audible to 5WR.

Lions got caught with their pants down on that play. Honestly, they should have called TO there.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3iwg9n97 said:
still need to eliminate the bubble screen from the playbook entirely.
The point of the bubble screen is not to be productive itself, but to keep the DBs honest. If they pay off too much, the bubble screen will burn them. We want them guessing whenever we stack 3 receivers on one side. If they guess wrong, that moment of hesitation is the difference between a covered receiver and a free one.