O-line played well

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I saw Britt, Glow and EVEN Ifedi get some good blocks today and obviously they had a huge influence in the run game.

Yes Ifedi set up a huge hole for Rawls on his TD run, it was awesome to see.

Hopefully this is the beginning of gelling at the right time.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Hell yeah they did. They where really getting good double teams and next level blocking.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I said in another thread that they actual looked mean and nasty. Not only that, they actually looked like they knew what they were doing. Huge step and it is about friggin time. Some of the combo blocks they were running were a thing of beauty.

Wonder if Ifedi fixed his spacing.

irocdave

Reaction score
They played well tonight in the run game and better in the pass game. If they can do this consistently the offense will look much better. RW was still really inconsistent tonight and I think it has to do with the O line. Give him a consistent space to rely on and he will get better. Sucked watching balls thrown to open receivers at the shoelace level when RW had time to throw. RW needs to get over that BS and be more accurate on his throws.

chris98251

Reaction score
irocdave":g8bansu8 said:
They played well tonight in the run game and better in the pass game. If they can do this consistently the offense will look much better. RW was still really inconsistent tonight and I think it has to do with the O line. Give him a consistent space to rely on and he will get better. Sucked watching balls thrown to open receivers at the shoelace level when RW had time to throw. RW needs to get over that BS and be more accurate on his throws.

That's classic hearing footsteps disease, not setting and rushing throws, hopefully he can have a few games where the line does it's job and he can begin trusting them again.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Britt in particular was money tonight. Lanes were opened up in the run game and the A gap opened up when needed. If they can keep it up we have a real shot next week.

Optimus25

Reaction score
chris98251":12zshr6s said:
irocdave":12zshr6s said:

That's classic hearing footsteps disease, not setting and rushing throws, hopefully he can have a few games where the line does it's job and he can begin trusting them again.

Absolutely hearing foot steps back there. But i think the only fix is Russ himself. We can't rely on the line in the passing game. I think he needs to be way, way quicker in diagnosing the pocket collapse and plant his foot in the turf and run. Take off whatever direction they leave an open lane and buy time and pressure the hell out of the secondary.

He is trying to duck through the pocket collapsing almost every time this year and it's backfiring miserably.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawk OL was great. RW got sacked twice in the 1st qtr but both of those were on him, imho.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
To win on the road we will need the same run blocking we had tonight. Rawls looked good but a lot of his runs he wasn't even getting touched.

Smellyman

Reaction score
as much as fans want to keep blaming RW for the sacks, he was under siege all game long.

Watching other teams QBs just sit in a rocking chair in the pocket is most envious.

Mojambo

Reaction score
irocdave":sabms3sn said:

It really felt that way, didn't it. And he did get off to a slow start, but the guy completed 77% of his passes in the game.

He's playing pretty well. His instincts in the pocket are just a bit off. I gotta chalk that up to the injury, the line's inconsistency, and a bit to teams scheming to eliminate outside escapes.

Hawks46

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3hmx7lyr said:
I saw Britt, Glow and EVEN Ifedi get some good blocks today and obviously they had a huge influence in the run game.

Yes Ifedi set up a huge hole for Rawls on his TD run, it was awesome to see.

Hopefully this is the beginning of gelling at the right time.

That was actually Britt with a ridiculously good seal on the NT to the inside.

Ifedi did have a good night though. Only two whiffs that I saw and some dominant run blocking.

Glowinksi also had some really good one on one blocks where he literally had his guy on skates

Leee-roy

Reaction score
Run game= A
Pass game= B-
The question is how will they do against Atlanta's front.
My prediction is 49 rushing yards for the RB's and 6 RW sacks in a 20-6 loss....
I hope I'm wrong.