It won't be easy in Atlanta

chris98251

Reaction score
We are on the road, we have been inconsistent, we know were missing Earl but how well did we get out of the Detroit game, Terrell was hurt as was Collins.

We can win make no mistake, we need the offense that chewed up yards on the ground tonight to show up, we won't win a shoot out on the road especially. We will need the D line to attack and knock Ryan around a lot, we will also need to be physical with the receivers, think about our Holmgren teams, finesse teams don't like being knocked around. Most of all we have to win field position, we can't give a short field to Ryan to make quick strike plays for easy points.

cesame

Reaction score
Good news is Atlanta's run defense is almost identical statistically to Detroit's run defense.

They're soft

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
cesame":2fkb8455 said:
Good news is Atlanta's run defense is almost identical statistically to Detroit's run defense.

They're soft

On paper, so is the 49ers, it depends which Seahawks line shows up.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
I'd rather play ATL than any other NFC team remaining. Matty ice scares me but their defence doesn't scare me at all

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
xStickybudz":3ckhzmrf said:
I'd rather play ATL than any other NFC team remaining. Matty ice scares me but their defence doesn't scare me at all

That's how our team is. Offense makes up for defensive deficiency. Gotta give props to Beasley tho... 15.5 sacks led NFL.

Lowest output this season?

15 @ Philly
23 @ Den
24 @ SEA

Averaged 35 a game at home.

Lost to Seattle by 2 on road. They were coming off a bye. Atlanta was on a 2 game west coast trip having just beat Denver in Denver.

Now Atlanta is on the bye. Seattle is traveling.

Can't wait.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":dgc9k16f said:
xStickybudz":dgc9k16f said:

That's how our team is. Offense makes up for defensive deficiency. Gotta give props to Beasley tho... 15.5 sacks led NFL.

15 @ Philly
23 @ Den
24 @ SEA

Lost to Seattle by 2 on road. They were coming off a bye. Atlanta was on a 2 game west coast trip having just beat Denver in Denver.

Can't wait.

We traveled to New England as well, we come off a win that did two things, boosted confidence as well as solidified the team as a unit. The one thing Seattle does well as when thinking as one and having a chip on their shoulder such as being told they can't do something, or are discounted by the so called experts, they RISE.

253hawk

Reaction score
Seattle had no Rawls, no Prosise (would be awesome if he comes back), no Clark, no Kam, Russ was still gimpy as hell just a few weeks off that brutal knee injury...and Atlanta really only did anything in the 3rd quarter. Freeman and Coleman were completely shut down with 67 yards combined, rushing and receiving. It was pretty much all Julio and that long fluke play to Toilolo. No Trufant in the secondary this time, either.

I'm just glad the game will be indoors and not outside on grass.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Like I said Chris. Can't wait.

There's no reason for me not to be confident. If I were a Jets fan I'd still pick Atlanta. Atlanta is entering the playoffs on a roll... has a bye... and are playing a Seattle team that has been wildly inconsistent all season.

Can't pick em on the road.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1gvo9ym5 said:
Exactly right Chris.

Seattle didn't exactly light it up against the worst run D in the league.
You saw our power run offense yesterday?Remember what I said..About what you will see

HawksSoc

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":xatiwxxt said:

There's no reason for me not to be confident. If I were a Jets fan I'd still pick Atlanta. Atlanta is entering the playoffs on a roll... has a bye... and are playing a Seattle team that has been wildly inconsistent all season.

100% reasonable post, unfortunately. Hawks played v well yesterday though, can't wait for the game.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3huzunjr said:
FalconsFanNW":3huzunjr said:
xStickybudz":3huzunjr said:

15 @ Philly
23 @ Den
24 @ SEA

Can't wait.

We traveled to New England as well, we come off a win that did two things, boosted confidence as well as solidified the team as a unit. The one thing Seattle does well as when thinking as one and having a chip on their shoulder such as being told they can't do something, or are discounted by the so called experts, they RISE.
Exactly..They RISE

12thbrah

Reaction score
Its a road game so all bets are off. This team has gotten destroyed away from home

jlwaters1

Reaction score
12thbrah":2rp8we28 said:
Its a road game so all bets are off. This team has gotten destroyed away from home

"destroyed" isn't exactly the word I would use. Considering aside from 1 game all loses have been 1 score affairs.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":34iv27aa said:

So both teams have lost 5 times this year, but Seattle has been "wildly inconsistent"

What has Atlanta been then?

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
HawksSoc":2njx1a7e said:
FalconsFanNW":2njx1a7e said:

100% reasonable post, unfortunately. Hawks played v well yesterday though, can't wait for the game.

Thanks man... and I agree. Can't wait.

Hawkpower":2njx1a7e said:
FalconsFanNW":2njx1a7e said:

So both teams have lost 5 times this year, but Seattle has been "wildly inconsistent"

Lost by 1 vs KC
Lost by 2 @ Seattle
Lost by 3 vs SD
Lost by 7 vs TB
Lost by 9 @ Philly

Not sure what I'd call it but I wouldn't call it wildly inconsistent. Defensive fail might be a better term being that Falcons had 4th qtr leads in the KC, Seattle and SD games. Cost us a 14-2 record and the #1 seed.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":gesrhz22 said:
HawksSoc":gesrhz22 said:

Thanks man... and I agree. Can't wait.

Hawkpower":gesrhz22 said:

Lost by 1 vs KC
Lost by 2 @ Seattle
Lost by 3 vs SD
Lost by 7 vs TB
Lost by 9 @ Philly

Not sure what I'd call it but I wouldn't call it wildly inconsistent. Defensive fail might be a better term being that Falcons had 4th qtr leads in the KC, Seattle and SD games. Cost us a 14-2 record and the #1 seed.

Wait...what?! We can do this too:

Tied @ Cards 6-6
Lost by 3 vs. Cards
Lost by 5 @ 'aints
Lost by 6 @ Rams
Lost by 9 @ TB

The only game they got thumped in was to GB which was a once in 4 seasons anomaly. In 2015 all 5 losses were by 7 points or less with one bigger loss against, ironically, GB (loss by 10pts - the Seahawks lead this game going into the 4th quarter). In 2014 3 losses were by 6 points or less with one bigger loss to SD by 9 points (in a game where temperatures on the field were 120 F). In 2013 they only had 3 losses all by 6 points or less - that was their Super Bowl season.

The Seahawks have only been blown out once in four seasons, and beaten by more than one score 4 times in those 4 seasons. By all accounts there has only been two games in the past four years where they weren't a threat to win going into the final minutes.

So yeah, if you're talking about the Seahawks not being world-beaters like their 2013 season then yes they're "wildly" inconsistent - but that's because our team is held to a higher standard than yours is. But the funny thing is - if things go a bit more our way in 4 of those games (ie. Hauschka hits his chip shot against AZ) then your birds are playing in the Clink.

And they weren't more than one or two plays from winning a bunch of those losses this season either.

So...let's talk about being your definition of being "wildly inconsistent" again.

hawker84

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3klhroyt said:
12thbrah":3klhroyt said:

"destroyed" isn't exactly the word I would use. Considering aside from 1 game all loses have been 1 score affairs.

Yep and in that 1 game we got destroyed.

It happens to every good team. I think Seattle shows up and gives them a good game though, just depends on our offense, and how quickly we can make adjustments on both sides of the ball.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Wilson playing inside on turf when healthy must feel like a blessing for him. Spent all year outside and injured.

Got faith that Seattle can keep up with Ryan if he can reap the benefit of the circumstances after what I saw from the running game last night. Rawls is a baaad man, just please stay healthy!

Latest posts