What a concept, have the OL double team block

seabowl

Reaction score
I'm not buying that Detroits D is not that good and that is why we were able to run the ball. The success was all due to the concept of double teaming the interior DL of Detroit. My only question is why haven't we done this all year because I don't remember seeing this scheme yet?

Kudos to Rawls too for playing great.

djb28

Reaction score
seabowl":2vsdgt4t said:
I'm not buying that Detroits D is not that good and that is why we were able to run the ball. The success was all due to the concept of double teaming the interior DL of Detroit. My only question is why haven't we done this all year because I don't remember seeing this scheme yet?

Kudos to Rawls too for playing great.

Good question. You probably wont see it again, because it worked. :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off: :sarcasm_on:

Largent80

Reaction score
I actually saw Glowinski "getting it"

That game may have been the turning point for him.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2rnay3kq said:
Detroit's D is not that good

Neither was SF and we looked like poo poo.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Statistically speaking, Detroits defense was last in DVOA and 18th in yard allowed this season. They're not good.

Glad to see the O line actually execute their assignments through enough of the game to get the win. Still too many plays where they had a total brain fart, but for the most part this was probably their strongest game since Carolina

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
This was a different blocking scheme. Not nearly the same amount/propensity to dive and cut that the OL has showed so far this season. It was much more the power scheme many on here have been looking for. Ifedi, particularly, struggles in the ZBS. He's not a ZBS player. Just square him up with his man and let him push.

Hope it keeps working.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I loved it..The Power scheme is what we need for the playoffs..You can see how they are going to drain these high scoring offenses

brimsalabim

Reaction score
There were multiple TE sets to help the tackles block too.

sutz

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1ytjvp0m said:
This was a different blocking scheme. Not nearly the same amount/propensity to dive and cut that the OL has showed so far this season. It was much more the power scheme many on here have been looking for. Ifedi, particularly, struggles in the ZBS. He's not a ZBS player. Just square him up with his man and let him push.

Hope it keeps working.
This is kind of what I saw. A lot more drive blocking than influence blocking. IAE, they were opening some holes. Whatever works. ;)

bighawk

Reaction score
The cowboys use this all the time and they have a lot of success with it.

Seafan

Reaction score
Pete specifically said they did nothing different, the line simply executed better and obviously Rawls was seeing and moving to the open spaces better.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Seafan":2ggn4ngx said:
Pete specifically said they did nothing different, the line simply executed better and obviously Rawls was seeing and moving to the open spaces better.

My best Donald Trump voice:

Wrong

sutz

Reaction score
Pete's a coach. He talks in coach-speak. He has his own style, of course, but he is still a coach. :)

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":2vrfwg4a said:
I actually saw Glowinski "getting it"

That game may have been the turning point for him.

Yeah, I was most impressed by him. I always thought he was a complete bum, but maybe I was wrong.

Sign37now

Reaction score
seabowl":oqu2h32d said:
Seafan":oqu2h32d said:

My best Donald Trump voice:

Wrong

HAHA, that's funny..

A

Anonymous

Coach Speak:
"We didn't do anything different, we just played well".

Translation:
"Anyone here who thinks they saw something new last night, blame it on the martinis. There is nothing new to focus on here".

sutz

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":i7323fqx said:
Coach Speak:
"We didn't do anything different, we just played well".

Translation:
"Anyone here who thinks they saw something new last night, blame it on the martinis. There is nothing new to focus on here".
Exactly! :laugh: :rofl: :biggthumpup: