Non face mask call on Richardson and the announcers

seabowl

Reaction score
When they first showed the the Richardson catch on replay I and I'm sure most didn't notice the face mask grab by him. The reason why, is that everyone is looking at the ball and catch. You cannot expect the refs in regular time to see or make that call because they too are looking at the catch. Only later on does the network point out the face mask. Then they go on a tangent about how the refs blew the call. It's almost like they want to create a controversy. Absolutely ridiculous.

Also it seems that in many of the games we play, the announcers look for missed calls against us only to point it out and try and taint the victory. Does anyone else see it the way I'm seeing it?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
You're spot on. Anytime Seattle gets a call to go their way, the announcers will gripe about it. Even two quarters later they'll still be talking about it.

That's why I'm glad we pulled away late in that game and didn't make it a one score game, because if the final would've been within 7, you bet that everyone would've been focusing on that non facemask ALL WEEK LONG.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
The crazy thing about that is even if they did call it they would have been offsetting penalties and we would have replayed the down. Does everyone assume we would have NOT scored the next try???? Maybe not but maybe we do. Maybe we would have kicked a field goal. Seems like media and fan idiots just want to take the 7 away.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
In a later play, prich goes to the ground with hands on his mask. It was the one where he didnt come up with it. It looked like a head torque.

No penalty.

Im sure there is a thread already, but where the hell has MR HYDE been for three years?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Leew72

Reaction score
Just imagine if it had been an east coast team .. If that happened against the Patriots or Steelers it would have the announcers frothing at the mouth in outrage

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
Don't take it so personally Seahawk fans. Everybody gets away with non calls only to have the announcers point it out. You were clearly the better team yesterday.

seahawksny

Reaction score
seabowl":307xvhkz said:
When they first showed the the Richardson catch on replay I and I'm sure most didn't notice the face mask grab by him. The reason why, is that everyone is looking at the ball and catch. You cannot expect the refs in regular time to see or make that call because they too are looking at the catch. Only later on does the network point out the face mask. Then they go on a tangent about how the refs blew the call. It's almost like they want to create a controversy. Absolutely ridiculous.

Also it seems that in many of the games we play, the announcers look for missed calls against us only to point it out and try and taint the victory. Does anyone else see it the way I'm seeing it?

Yes
Hence the reason why this league has become a joke. Nobody knows what is considered a catch Etc
Refs cant go one game without admitting they blew a call hands, and discrediting the Victor when the Victor earned the victory

capncrunch

Reaction score
BostonBlackie":38vcdysj said:
Don't take it so personally Seahawk fans. Everybody gets away with non calls only to have the announcers point it out. You were clearly the better team yesterday.

Yes. He did get away with one and it was discussed. Who cares. Collinsworth said something later like "the refs helped out the seahawks a bit, but that's not why the Lions lost. They lost because they could not stop the run." The last time we beat the Lions we really did get away with a game changer and the media was correct to point it out. It had nothing to do with regional bias.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Then there was Paul's 2nd catch- which was a long catch along the sidelines. That was both a PI and a facemask and yet the refs didn't flag either.. Yet the announcers are outraged that they didn't call offensive face mask. Lame.

seahawksny

Reaction score
jlwaters1":17pxn9rm said:
Then there was Paul's 2nd catch- which was a long catch along the sidelines. That was both a PI and a facemask and yet the refs didn't flag either.. Yet the announcers are outraged that they didn't call offensive face mask. Lame.

Michaels and collinsworst beIng outraged isn't a paradigm for anything
Don't read anything into it

bigskydoc

Reaction score
capncrunch":3u6her8d said:
Yes. He did get away with one and it was discussed. Who cares. Collinsworth said something later like "the refs helped out the seahawks a bit, but that's not why the Lions lost. They lost because they could not stop the run." .

"but let's take another look at that uncalled facemask"

and again five minutes later

and again

and again

and again

How much you want to bet they show it again in the montage leading up to the Falcons game next week.

:pukeface:

And the Collinsworth had the gall to claim OPI on Richardson's second one-hander AFTER the replay clearly showed Richardson's arm being barred by the DB.

:pukeface:

12thbrah

Reaction score
This "refs bailing out the Hawks" media driven narrative is getting tiresome. Just more fuel for the haters to latch onto

whidbeast

Reaction score
He did grab that facemask while he was being flagrantly interfered with

RW92

Reaction score
And how about the catch Richardson had later in the game when he was faced masked by the defender. Michaels and Collinsworth didn't elaborate on that missed call.

crosfam

Reaction score
We are getting the "bad boys" narrative. It will only get worse if we win next week and play the Cowboys, with a darling rookie QB and those shiny white unis. :snack:

Reminds me a bit of the steel curtain days.

AustrianHawk

Reaction score
Rewatched it a couple of times. I would go so far as to say that his hand ended up in the facemask, because of the contact. Initially he takes his hand up to make the catch, then he gets hit and his hand ends up in his face.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Randy Moss's very first comment today was how the refs messed up last night multiple times and he hopes they don't influence the games today.

Look, there are penalties on every single play in every NFL game. It just seems that the media loves using missed/bad calls in our games as a scapegoat as to why we succeeded and leads the average Joe thinking that our wins are tainted.

After time and time again watching this happen it makes me want to :pukeface:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The point some are making is not just that they pointed it out, it's that they went back and LOOKED for it a good 30 minutes after it happened and then hammered on it all night.

There is NO WAY ol Chris does that if that was a circus catch between golden boy Dak and Dez. None

Seafan

Reaction score
The only reason the facemask happened is because PRIch was fighting through the defensive penalty to make an attempt at catching the ball. The flag had already been thrown. If PRich doesn't catch the ball the Hawks have first down at the one. There is nothing to see there. If you look at it in real time it was less of a facemask penalty than what occurred against the Hawks that weren't called against the Lions. I like the fewer flags, it makes the game move better which helps offenses maintain their rhythm.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hawkpower":mqc3gboc said:
The point some are making is not just that they pointed it out, it's that they went back and LOOKED for it a good 30 minutes after it happened and then hammered on it all night.

There is NO WAY ol Chris does that if that was a circus catch between golden boy Dak and Dez. None

And a separate ESPN article by Seifert about it.