Pass Rush

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
What is up. Why do we not get the pressure we should against week O-lines? Is it that we are a run first defense? We have the personnel to do it. So why are we not. Is it that we are trying to contain the QB and make him throw? Trusting our secondary to pick up the slack? This baffles me. Any X and O's peeps could help that would be appreciated.

RW92

Reaction score
For one we need to play Frank Clark more over center. He gets great explosion inside. And yes I agree with you. We play too much towards the run. Heck if they want to do that, then do a run blitz that can quickly convert to pressure on the quarterback if they pass and hopefully a sack.

Bottom line is coach Richard has to make a change against Atlanta. We can not play soft zone or we will lose. Need to go with 5 man fronts, maybe overloading to the weakest side, disguising whether it's the linebacker (Wagner, Avril,K.J. or even Morgan) or Chancellor coming off the edge. Chancellor is a game changer and is great as a blitzer off the edge, because if it is a run he can convert to a run stopper faster than anyone in the league. There is enough talent here right now if the right formations are utilized in the correct positions to pull off a stunner in Atlanta. It's like chess you have to move your pieces towards check mate to close out the deal. Move a pawn at a time and you face the slow death.

Look the Seahawks have to tailor towards their strengths, break down Atlanta's weaknesses and attack them.

And lastly I expect M. Bennett to have a great game especially against Matthews who took him out with that cheap shot and caused him to require knee surgery. It's payback time for Michael.

Hopefully we will pull out a miracle win like we did against New England in November.

crosfam

Reaction score
We need to keep al the throws short and underneath, and hopefully our LBs and Kam can make some plays . Big plays to JJ and we lose the game. This should be good for our pass rush.

sutz

Reaction score
Actually, I thought Stafford was under a lot of pressure most of the night. Fans have a tendency to just count sacks and come away dissatisfied if we don't get a lot of them, but we were collapsing the pocket around him all night, and forced him to scramble several times. Folks like to disparage Stafford, but he's not a terrible QB. He's not premier, maybe, but he's also not a warmed over HS QB picked up off of waivers. He's been around.

I wasn't all that unhappy with our QB pressure overall.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I look at how much time they have to throw. Sacks are nice but not the most important. QB hurries and pressure is more important. I just feel over the season QB's have had time to throw. ANY QB with enough time can pick apart any defense. IMHO that is why Dak and Elliot have done so well this year. Yes we did get to Stafford some but overall I feel he was to comfortable in the pocket. Dropped passes were there bane not QB pressure.

chris98251

Reaction score
Stafford was pressured plenty, his accuracy I think was an issue due to the finger.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
The good news is that the pass rush sacked Ryan 4 times the first time we played them and hit him a ton. Also, remember this was the game that Bennett got injured and didn't play past midway in the third quarter. Also, Frank Clark had a hamstring injury and didn't play. We're going to abuse Matt Ryan on Saturday.