Clark lined up inside on passing downs

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Did anyone notice how disruptive Frank Clark was yesterday when he lined up inside on passing downs? I saw him demand double teams several times and still collapsing the pocket and causing a lot of trouble for the two lineman trying to block him. His first step is incredibly quick and he seems really powerful for his body weight.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Yeah, he looked really fast. In fact he blew by the center on one play which led to an Avril sack.

Really great work!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Good combo. Avril is our strong left hook and Clark was our uppercut. Bennett does our jabbing with his offsides play. :sarcasm_off:

sutz

Reaction score
Frankly (no pun intended ;)), I thought our pass rush in general was much better than most critics on this board seemed to think. I saw a lot of collapsing pockets, and forcing Stafford off his mark and making him scramble. Of course, I do more than just count sacks when I judge the effectiveness of our D-line.

Nice to see Clark have a few breakout games this year. Our pass rush looks to be in a lot better shape than it was a few weeks ago.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Frank Clark has 15+ sack potentional. He's going to be a beast.

Sealake80

Reaction score
The D Line looked pretty good. I didnt know who was getting in there and disrupting all the time. Looked like a team effort to cause the trouble. We need Clark to be a hit with other guys there aging now a bit. Great to here he is commanding double teams on the inside and blowing guys back.

The whole D looked good. Tge elevated play of guys on our D line allowed us to look like ourselves again. Were back!

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
sutz":btx3ab2f said:
Frankly (no pun intended ;)), I thought our pass rush in general was much better than most critics on this board seemed to think. I saw a lot of collapsing pockets, and forcing Stafford off his mark and making him scramble. Of course, I do more than just count sacks when I judge the effectiveness of our D-line.

Nice to see Clark have a few breakout games this year. Our pass rush looks to be in a lot better shape than it was a few weeks ago.
Exactly. Thanks for your years of service in the USMC. Go Hawks.

sutz

Reaction score
Sealake80":35g4vvce said:
The D Line looked pretty good. I didnt know who was getting in there and disrupting all the time. Looked like a team effort to cause the trouble. We need Clark to be a hit with other guys there aging now a bit. Great to here he is commanding double teams on the inside and blowing guys back.

The whole D looked good. Tge elevated play of guys on our D line allowed us to look like ourselves again. Were back!
I just hope we can keep it up for 3 more games. :2thumbs:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think Dallas's oline would give us some trouble. Getting Bennett back gives us a lot more versatility on our DL. Besides Avril, Clark, and Bennett we don't have any other big playmakers. I think Reed can only get better and Marsh has been better than most expected.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I thought Clark really stepped up his speed rush this game. Although Stafford wasn't sacked a whole bunch, I believe the pressure cause a few of the dropped passes. Stafford had to unload early which threw off the receiver's timing . Zenner made an awesome catch and run after a hurried throw but most of the Lions receivers just weren't ready for the ball.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Clark was consistently firing off the ball faster than anyone else on the d line yesterday. From what I watched of him, he was really disruptive.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Clark has been lining up at a 0 or 1 tech on passing downs for quite some time now. Nothing new there at all. Bennett and Avril have normally still been lining up next to each other like they have forever on the left side so it's like one of the strategies they'e had for some time is to overload the left side, which really isn't an overload, but at least it creates one on one matchups for Avril and Bennett unless the OL wants to slide protection, which can potentially create other problems if we call the right line slants and stunts. They don't always do this, but it's been a lot more common. And of course, Marsh has been the other DE in the mix way out right.

bighawk

Reaction score
All the guys looked good. Sacks is a result of pressure so when the end result isn't a sack. Doesnt mean there was no pressure. Jenkins looked good in McDaniel spot. I think he came here a little out of shape but he generated great push inside. Take it on the road then I will be impressed.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1qtquasj said:
I think Dallas's oline would give us some trouble. Getting Bennett back gives us a lot more versatility on our DL. Besides Avril, Clark, and Bennett we don't have any other big playmakers. I think Reed can only get better and Marsh has been better than most expected.

Marsh has been iffy the last few weeks. Also had an offsides that made a 3rd and 9 a 3rd and 4 the last few weeks. Sometimes I wonder if Reed, Bennett, Avril and Clark is a better rush group.

sutz

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":cm1jdg7u said:
Wenhawk":cm1jdg7u said:

Marsh has been iffy the last few weeks. Also had an offsides that made a 3rd and 9 a 3rd and 4 the last few weeks. Sometimes I wonder if Reed, Bennett, Avril and Clark is a better rush group.
All good pass rushers get caught offsides from time to time. They're trying to get a half step advantage on the OL and often guessing about the snap count. We just have to live with it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2v939hb4 said:
Clark has been lining up at a 0 or 1 tech on passing downs for quite some time now. Nothing new there at all. Bennett and Avril have normally still been lining up next to each other like they have forever on the left side so it's like one of the strategies they'e had for some time is to overload the left side, which really isn't an overload, but at least it creates one on one matchups for Avril and Bennett unless the OL wants to slide protection, which can potentially create other problems if we call the right line slants and stunts. They don't always do this, but it's been a lot more common. And of course, Marsh has been the other DE in the mix way out right.

Good post. I've seen the same thing.

The one guy that doesn't get mentioned much is Marsh. He's usually isolated on the LT, which is almost always the opponents' best pass protector. I think he's done pretty well at it, and he's usually getting some sort of pressure. It doesn't have to be a sack, but making the QB pull the ball down and move off of his spot disrupts his rhythm and nets us other sacks and QB hits.

potatohead

Reaction score
Hawks46":3n6xedl2 said:
vin.couve12":3n6xedl2 said:

Good post. I've seen the same thing.

The one guy that doesn't get mentioned much is Marsh. He's usually isolated on the LT, which is almost always the opponents' best pass protector. I think he's done pretty well at it, and he's usually getting some sort of pressure. It doesn't have to be a sack, but making the QB pull the ball down and move off of his spot disrupts his rhythm and nets us other sacks and QB hits.

He made some bone-headed plays earlier in the year but lately has really come around.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Marsh seems at his best when he can get an "effort sack", broken play, chase the QB down. Unless I've been missing something, he usually gets stoned on a bull rush, and doesn't regularly get the edge without being pushed on by the QB.

He's a good rotational rusher, needs more technique work. Not ripping the guy, going to take more development. I'm happy that he's diversifying his game, still a very strong ST player.