Guaranteed ref bias against Hawks next week vs Falcons

seabowl

Reaction score
After seeing the plethora of media today talking about how the refs missed calls against the Hawks last night it is almost a surety that next weeks game vs the Falcons they will be watching for every and any opportunity to flag the Hawks. Believe that you will also see the Julio non pi call from our first matchup all week which will only fuel the fire for the refs to makes up for it. You will see a ton of OL holding calls and probably pi calls against Seattle. I'd bet money on it,

Just preparing myself and the rest of you for what is to come.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
The Seahawks don't need biased refs to get penalties. They're pretty good at getting them on their own.

Foghawk

Reaction score
If the Hawks were playing against a "Storied Franchise" I might buy what you're selling. The Falcons, not so much. :beach:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
There won't be any bias. Serious question, but do you actually think the refs will get together before the game and plan to help out Atlanta? They may blow some calls that go against us, but it won't have to do with a bias against us.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":30uaynvs said:
There won't be any bias. Serious question, but do you actually think the refs will get together before the game and plan to help out Atlanta? They may blow some calls that go against us, but it won't have to do with a bias against us.

Ok maybe bias was the wrong choice in words. Instead how about they will be watching to catch any Hawk infraction so they are not shown to keep missing calls in Hawk games.

The Breh

Reaction score
Foghawk":2awt7mar said:
If the Hawks were playing against a "Storied Franchise" I might buy what you're selling. The Falcons, not so much. :beach:
I don't think the NFL would benefit from seeing ATL get past this round.
A Cowboys/Hawks NFC champ game would do #'s and that's what makes the $

olyfan63

Reaction score
The Breh":1vpd3jr0 said:
Foghawk":1vpd3jr0 said:
I don't think the NFL would benefit from seeing ATL get past this round.
A Cowboys/Hawks NFC champ game would do #'s and that's what makes the $

Yup. Total agreement. I think we will get an even or better break in Atlanta from the refs.
The announcers will, of course, whine and screech and point out how the Seahawks are getting all the breaks from the refs, but I'm good with that, as long as we come out with the W.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yep. Just like after the last Falcons game when Sherman interfered with Julio and everyone was upset about that, we went into New Orleans the following week and got hosed with penalties left and right

chris98251

Reaction score
I never look to the Officials for a break, we have been on the ugly end of that stick to many times.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The refs are showing a real reluctance to throw flags this post season. That's good! Only talking heads with motivation to stir the pot care about "missed" calls. Too many penalties make games unwatchable.

Lanakila

Reaction score
My impression is that the refs tend to let them play in the playoffs. It seemed that a fair amount went uncalled last night with one of the most trigger happy refs.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
I think we all know Ryan will be throwing up deep balls to Julio and every single incomplete one will have every Falcon player & fan calling for a flag.

Got to think refs buckle under that pressure given the build up is all going to be about Sherman's arm bar with no mention of the head slap. Wouldn't surprise me to see 2 or 3 30/40 yard DPI calls in Atlanta's favour unfortunately.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Followthelegion":1y43urbz said:
I think we all know Ryan will be throwing up deep balls to Julio and every single incomplete one will have every Falcon player & fan calling for a flag.

Got to think refs buckle under that pressure given the build up is all going to be about Sherman's arm bar with no mention of the head slap. Wouldn't surprise me to see 2 or 3 30/40 yard DPI calls in Atlanta's favour unfortunately.

I noticed that while watching the GB-NYG game tonight that even the "voice-overs" could not believe the "non calls" during the game. Should we barely win the game next Saturday, I can guarantee that the officiating will be in the middle of the post game discussions.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":234pct3h said:
Beliefs guide behavior. Subconsciously, officials are more likely to flag a team that's perceived as deserving it more, regardless of whether they should or intend to.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I was wrong on the type of calls but knew we'd be screwed by bad calls somehow.