Was the crowd loud last night?

seabowl

Reaction score
At lease from watching on TV it did not seem like a Hawk home playoff game based on the average crowd noise. Anyone that went can you please chime in? Thx.

titan3131

Reaction score
All year the crowd was lackluster compared to 12, 13...

I was praying he playoffs would be back to our high standard.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seabowl":10k9u27a said:
At lease from watching on TV it did not seem like a Hawk home playoff game based on the average crowd noise. Anyone that went can you please chime in? Thx.
The network's can and do turn down the crowd noise volume so their announcing crew doesn't have to yell to be heard.

Reaction score
It was loud, but not as loud as it has been...also got pretty quiet when the rolled Steve Hutchinson out to raise the 12th Man flag.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":396zq4a5 said:
It was loud, but I doubt we see it like it was in 2013 again.

Agreed. Definitely saw some empty seats last night as well. I think a lot of "fans" just weren't excited about this game and stayed home or tried to sell their tickets online. Pathetic really.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":1m4x043p said:
FlyingGreg":1m4x043p said:

Agreed. Definitely saw some empty seats last night as well. I think a lot of "fans" just weren't excited about this game and stayed home or tried to sell their tickets online. Pathetic really.

We just got past the holidays. If other people were like me, we didn't just have hundreds of dollars to spend on tickets.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It will pick up if we host the NFCCG. There was not much interest in this game, as evidenced by the price of tickets.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I watched the game at the local watering hole in my town. It seemed loud to me and upon watching it again on my DVR, I was right. It was really loud IMO.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
To quote Mick "you ain't been hungry since you won the belt".

I don't live in Seattle but if I did and went to games I would not have a voice left at the end.

Spoiled

GeekHawk

Reaction score
keatonisballin":2jpuli2r said:
Hawkfiend":2jpuli2r said:
FlyingGreg":2jpuli2r said:

We just got past the holidays. If other people were like me, we didn't just have hundreds of dollars to spend on tickets.

I don't think that was directed to (or me) who doesn't already have tickets. I think that was directed to those who already have tickets, and "stayed home or tried to sell their tickets online. Pathetic really..."

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
keatonisballin":2fij8g9c said:
Hawkfiend":2fij8g9c said:
FlyingGreg":2fij8g9c said:

That never mattered the last couple of years when the Hawks were more dominate. A lot of negativity and complacency coming from fans leading up to this game.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Loud enough my ears were ringing three hours later when I went to bed. On par with any other game I've been to at CLINK. The loudest moment I've heard all year was RWs Receiving TD.

stmcmurray

Reaction score
Yes it was loud. Not the loudest,but still decent. I have been to almost every game at the Clink since it opened and have been complaining myself for the last year or so. It seems, (as evidence of the couple next to me, who have sold their tickets every game for the last 3 years), that a lot of the season ticket holders that got in when it was cheap, are now selling off now as the prices are driven up by 3rd party vendors and one can easily double their investment for the season. We have always been a loud fan base, and I don't think that will ever stop, but the amount of people who like to get loud has dwindled. It seems a lot of the fans that are picking up tickets from season ticket holders just want to experience the game to say they were there, and don't realize how the fans can actually help the Hawks win. I remember when I was young, I think 1989 or so, we played the 9er's in the preseason and the fans were flagged for a delay of game because Joe Montana couldn't call the play (anyone else remember that?), which later was deemed the Kingdome rule.
I was also at the game when Jay Feeley missed 3 field goals for the Giants. That was loud and I think that's when we really figured out how much impact the fans can have on the outcome.

Enough rambling, my point is that I think a lot of season ticket holders are selling off, and to me, they are the real bandwagon fans.

Loudest games I can think of were
All 3 NFC championship games
Previously mentioned Giant's game
Fail Mary game

BocciHawk

Reaction score
If we're going to list loudest games, I'd say the "slick balls" game has to be right up there.

It was decently loud but not as loud as it's been in the past. I think this is largely due to the circumstances... the way you get a truly loud game is for it to be a one possession margin i.e. tight score and have the game go into the third and fourth quarter that way... then it gets ridiculously freaking loud.

Some is that the fan base probably doesn't get as fired up as it used to, some is that the fan base has been changing as the games have gotten more expensive...

It actually got pretty loud vs. Cards on Christmas Eve, BTW. Example of my previous comment.

2_0_6

Reaction score
As TV's get cheaper and have better quality each year, it's going to be difficult for most franchises to keep constant sellouts.

I love going to games, but I stayed home for last nights game. The lines for the bathrooms are shorter, & parking/beer is cheaper.

Steve2222

Reaction score
No matter how comfortable being at home is, with me...

Going to the game > watching at home

Phteven

Reaction score
It seemed pretty loud to me. I haven't been to a live game in several years. Had a blast. So glad I went live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
keatonisballin":quzu9t3x said:
Hawkfiend":quzu9t3x said:
FlyingGreg":quzu9t3x said:

This is spot on, as tickets become more expensive you have much more of the wine and cheese crowd. I have some wealthy friends with season tickets who don't even like to stand or cheer at games. They get season tickets just to say they have them. I mean sure they pay for their tickets and have the right to but your fans can lose their edge just like an aging team.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Steve2222":svhugzgm said:
No matter how comfortable being at home is, with me...

Going to the game > watching at home

I completely agree with you that going is always better than staying home, but cost plays a BIG role in the amount of games I go to each year. I split season tickets with my brother which is damn expensive after you factor in parking, tail gating, food/beer etc.